X1700H vs X2700H @ same price

y2s

Getting offered both at 78k.

X1700H has more 8K HDMI ports but the X2700H is supposedly heavier implying better quality.

Which should I go with. Any room to further negotiate ?

Yup seems x2700H is the way to go if price is the same. Extra 2 8k ports can be worth it to some. I was considering it because I need 4k 120Hz. Although eARC is more than good enough.
Pricing on these is crazy considering some members have purchased the x2700h in August for as little as 62k.

All dealers are claiming waiting will disappoint and prices will go up. However, globally I see no shortage outside of India.
Even here it feels artificial.

Should I pull the trigger or wait for CES etc.

Getting offered both at 78k.

X1700H has more 8K HDMI ports but the X2700H is supposedly heavier implying better quality.

Which should I go with. Any room to further negotiate ?
It's way too much; wait until the price settles down. These two are pretty identical, except the latter has more power.

Last time I checked, 2700 was 83K. If you are getting it at 78K today, its not a bad deal.
1700 were supposed to be cheaper than 2700, too bad they are being quoted at same price.

Yup seems x2700H is the way to go if price is the same. Extra 2 8k ports can be worth it to some. I was considering it because I need 4k 120Hz. Although eARC is more than good enough.
Pricing on these is crazy considering some members have purchased the x2700h in August for as little as 62k.

All dealers are claiming waiting will disappoint and prices will go up. However, globally I see no shortage outside of India.
Even here it feels artificial.

Should I pull the trigger or wait for CES etc.
What display are you using ?? I’m curious to know about 4K 120hz. You don’t use it unless you are a serious gamer and have a display that accepts 120hz.

What display are you using ?? I’m curious to know about 4K 120hz. You don’t use it unless you are a serious gamer and have a display that accepts 120hz.
I have a LG Oled c1. Connecting Gaming PC & PS5.

More than gaming - it makes a huge difference when scrolling. Pretty difficult to go back once you’ve used 120Hz for a while.

Obnoxious quote.. I bought x2700H for 67k a couple of months back with bill and CC payment.
Very high price, i had bought a brand new 2500H for INR 34k in Austria in 2019. On top of that I was given duty refund at the airport :) There is no comparison between Indian and EU pricing.

Very high price, i had bought a brand new 2500H for INR 34k in Austria in 2019. On top of that I was given duty refund at the airport :) There is no comparison between Indian and EU pricing.
I don't think its fair to compare EU pricing to what we pay in India. Our prices end up inflated due to our import duty structures. You can't fault the dealer for that. Not everyone will give up on profits they want to make.

For reference, a new 2700H retails for $1,779 (20% off so down from $2,199 New Zealand $). That coverts to >Rs. 91,000 INR! What you are being offered sounds like a bargain, in comparison
Interestingly, one of the main dealers for Denon in NZ are selling the X1700H for $1,799!
I am not sure why anyone would want a 1700 when offered a 2700 for lower. I'd take the extra 15 watts I get on the 2700H.
Pricing for AV components are fluctuating wild globally.
Try to source the new Onkyo RZ50. Its impossible. They sell out the moment they are re stocked. As a result of which, dealers (In the case of that Onkyo, the dealer has not raised the price) will mark up the price as they know individuals are willing to pay a little more. Its the Holiday season after all. I don't see this as being any different for any other brand. If there is demand and insufficient supply, I'm gonna charge what I want and try get away with it.

Last edited:
I don't think its fair to compare EU pricing to what we pay in India. Our prices end up inflated due to our import duty structures. You can't fault the dealer for that. Not everyone will give up on profits they want to make.

For reference, a new 2700H retails for $1,779 (20% off so down from $2,199 New Zealand $). That coverts to >Rs. 91,000 INR! What you are being offered sounds like a bargain, in comparison
Interestingly, one of the main dealers for Denon in NZ are selling the X1700H for $1,799!
I am not sure why anyone would want a 1700 when offered a 2700 for lower. I'd take the extra 15 watts I get on the 2700H.
Pricing for AV components are fluctuating wild globally.
Try to source the new Onkyo RZ50. Its impossible. They sell out the moment they are re stocked. As a result of which, dealers (In the case of that Onkyo, the dealer has not raised the price) will mark up the price as they know individuals are willing to pay a little more. Its the Holiday season after all. I don't see this as being any different for any other brand. If there is demand and insufficient supply, I'm gonna charge what I want and try get away with it.
I am not faulting anyone but the maths beats me. Assuming a retail price of INR 35 k in EU add 25% - 30% duty, the price should be 42-45k. At that time 2500H was retailing for 70-75k in India. Where was the incremental amount (INR 75k- INR 42k) going ?

Where was the incremental amount (INR 75k- INR 42k) going ?
I do not have the answer to that.
Never has "legit" imported AV been priced on par to International pricing for us. There is no point in comparing what you pay or paid for something sold in Austria or the USA.
Forget importing gear, if a locally produced stereo amplifier (eg : Torvin, Norge) can cost upward of Rs. 25,000, I don't see how an imported AVR, priced at 75k is seen as being expensive, considering it does a whole lot more than any Integrated.

The landed cost of an Emotiva XPA 5 was Rs. 75,000 back in 2015. Thats everything. Shipping and Duty included. Good luck finding this amplifier today at even 2x the price. The same amplifier (Now updated) costs more from Emotiva itself, plus the added or increased cost to ship, duties, GST and what not. There is no dealer involved here. Its a direct sale.

I do not have the answer to that.
Never has "legit" imported AV been priced on par to International pricing for us. There is no point in comparing what you pay or paid for something sold in Austria or the USA.
Forget importing gear, if a locally produced stereo amplifier (eg : Torvin, Norge) can cost upward of Rs. 25,000, I don't see how an imported AVR, priced at 75k is seen as being expensive, considering it does a whole lot more than any Integrated.

The landed cost of an Emotiva XPA 5 was Rs. 75,000 back in 2015. Thats everything. Shipping and Duty included. Good luck finding this amplifier today at even 2x the price. The same amplifier (Now updated) costs more from Emotiva itself, plus the added or increased cost to ship, duties, GST and what not. There is no dealer involved here. Its a direct sale.
"I do not have the answer to that."

But that is precisely the question which needs answering :)

"Forget importing gear, if a locally produced stereo amplifier (eg : Torvin, Norge) can cost upward of Rs. 25,000, I don't see how an imported AVR, priced at 75k is seen as being expensive, considering it does a whole lot more than any Integrated."

Norge 2060 their flagship amplifier used to cost INR 9,000. May be after inflation etc now it must be costing INR 12k. This amp was extreme value. There were a lot cheaper amps which used to cost a lot less. They also used to produce a 2 channel power amp- very robust which used to retail for something like 12-13k.

When you pay INR 75k for something like 2700 you never get this feeling of value, more a feeling of a desperate buy. The question that comes to mind then is "can i do better than this ".

I don't mean to oppose your views but "value" is pretty subjective (IMHO). If someone has money to burn he can buy a 2700 for INR 100k also and call it extreme value. Most of the reviews on What Hifi surprise me when they call something costing INR 100k as "budget" :)

Norge 2060 their flagship amplifier used to cost INR 9,000. Most of the reviews on What Hifi surprise me when they call something costing INR 100k as "budget" :)
Their flagship amplifier is definitely not the 2060. Their current top of the line integrated retails for 2x that figure (possibly higher).
You need to draw a chart out and list (functionally) what the 2700 does versus whatever else you want to buy and then ask the value question. 7 channels of drive and a whole lot more, sounds pretty good to me. Buy 3 of those Norge Integrated amps and you still can't get it to do what any AV receiver does.

What Hi Fi is a British publication. In their market and currency exchange, it is indeed a budget AV receiver.
Heck if someone is really desperate for surround sound, buy an AV receiver than can handle atleast legacy digital inputs. You don't need HDMI to get the ball rolling.

Hi Amar, Sandeep,
Considering the global electronics situation and the freight charges post-Covid, these are the prices we are getting today.

Never checked the 1700, but I did check out the 2700 and the 3700 back in August.

US prices then were:
2700 - 900 USD
3700 - 1200 USD

Now, add 30 percent duty + 10 percent shipping.
2700 in India should have been: 91K (which is what most of them started negotiation at), and
3700 in India should have been: 125K (again, sticker price in India was the same)

After negotiations, in India, in August, I was getting:
2700 - 61,000 INR
3700 - 91,000 INR
Which is exactly what the US sticker price is! (minus duty+shipping; am sure our dealers have their jugaad, but most products they ensure the India price is close to the US-Europe sticker price, barring exotica.)

US prices today are:
2700 - 1100 USD (out of stock in most places)
3700 - 1600 USD (out of stock almost everywhere)

Which comes to:
2700 - around 80K
3700 - 120K
Both, minus the shipping+duty bump...

In OP's case, the 2700 at that price when he posted, in India works best.
I don't even want to put the figures dealers want out here as of today. It is obscene. :(

The facts remain:
1. There is a genuine shortage, and
2. Yes, dealers who have units available all over the globe are making hay wherever they can.
(I have encountered instances of Indian dealers employing 'buy speakers too from me if you want the AVR' type coercion tactics :D)

All the above said, India prices if you bide your time and drive a good bargain in most cases still works out cheaper than importing something by ourselves.

PS: Let's wait and watch which way 2022 swings - supply picks up and prices come down, or supply remains dull, and prices go even further up.
In the current environment, I doubt if the biggies will even release a 2022 line until late into the year (my guess)

All the above said, India prices if you bide your time and drive a good bargain in most cases still works out cheaper than importing something by ourselves.
(Appreciate the price detail.)
This is what I said in #12. That did sound like a good deal.
Importing AV receivers make no sense at all. The process maybe easy but its not worth it and you lose out on warranty.
Importing yourself is more beneficial when you want something niche like a Emotiva or Schiit. Brands that deal direct or have no official representation in India.

Hi Amar, Sandeep,
Considering the global electronics situation and the freight charges post-Covid, these are the prices we are getting today.

Never checked the 1700, but I did check out the 2700 and the 3700 back in August.

US prices then were:
2700 - 900 USD
3700 - 1200 USD

Now, add 30 percent duty + 10 percent shipping.
2700 in India should have been: 91K (which is what most of them started negotiation at), and
3700 in India should have been: 125K (again, sticker price in India was the same)

After negotiations, in India, in August, I was getting:
2700 - 61,000 INR
3700 - 91,000 INR
Which is exactly what the US sticker price is! (minus duty+shipping; am sure our dealers have their jugaad, but most products they ensure the India price is close to the US-Europe sticker price, barring exotica.)

US prices today are:
2700 - 1100 USD (out of stock in most places)
3700 - 1600 USD (out of stock almost everywhere)

Which comes to:
2700 - around 80K
3700 - 120K
Both, minus the shipping+duty bump...

In OP's case, the 2700 at that price when he posted, in India works best.
I don't even want to put the figures dealers want out here as of today. It is obscene. :(

The facts remain:
1. There is a genuine shortage, and
2. Yes, dealers who have units available all over the globe are making hay wherever they can.
(I have encountered instances of Indian dealers employing 'buy speakers too from me if you want the AVR' type coercion tactics :D)

PS: Let's wait and watch which way 2022 swings - supply picks up and prices come down, or supply remains dull, and prices go even further up.
In the current environment, I doubt if the biggies will even release a 2022 line until late into the year (my guess)

Hi i am from India too..where did you get the 62k price for 2700h. Can you share the contact details?

Hi i am from India too..where did you get the 62k price for 2700h. Can you share the contact details?
Hi Deepankar,
Am nowhere as clued in to prices as I was even a couple of months ago.
I'd say it would be near impossible to wrangle the January prices I had mentioned in the post you have quoted.
Happy to share dealer data on PM.
But am very curious, what are the prices the leaches are quoting now?
Do let us know, and am sure someone over here will have heard of a better current price.
Regards

Edit/PS: This looks like a good thread to follow as of today:

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back