X1700H vs X2700H @ same price

Just curious - Am sure when a product leaves the manufacturers factory in South East Asia or China - the price they sell to their dealers in various countries should be within the same range and the freight cost should be within a given range. Now comes the cost of the customs and other taxes which I am guessing should be in a narrow range as well and the same goes for VAT/GST which in fact may be more in European countries at 20% than India. What then explains the huge price difference? Dealers selling at a huge margin because the sales volumes are low? Also what explains the price of receivers in UK in some cases being less than US? the Marantz 6015 is being sold at 900 GBP whereas in US its in the 1500-2200 USD range. Same goes for Denon receivers. 1700H is 540 pounds in UK vs 699 USD in USA. Normally most products are launched in US and UK at the same number...just the currency varies but in case of receivers it doesnt seem to be so...wondering what is different about receivers

Also due to impending recession and other factors, freight charges are coming back to normal. Chip shortages too seem to be a thing of the past. Inflation is definitely a factor but it is not 30-40%. Difficult to understand why dealers are holding on to very high prices.

While whathifi has great things to say about 2700H, not many professional reviews on the 1700H. Was watching Andrews review of the latest Marantz and he mentioned in couple of places that the 1700H has been surprising him and the review will be up shortly.

This guy seems to be the only credible sounding reviewer in India although his prices are high

While whathifi has great things to say about 2700H, not many professional reviews on the 1700H. Was watching Andrews review of the latest Marantz and he mentioned in couple of places that the 1700H has been surprising him and the review will be up shortly.

This guy seems to be the only credible sounding reviewer in India although his prices are high

Last edited:
X2700h has the old HDMI 2.1 board and the X1700 has the new one. Hence the more HDMI2.1 ports. Both have the same Audessy.

Also, X2800 has been announced, and hence I would go with x1700 as it's got the newer board and is the newer product (more support)

Last edited:
Looking for a dealer in Bangalore who is quoting reasonable prices for Denon AVRs. Any leads are appreciated.

I'm interested in buying X1700H and I'm being quoted 80k now.

Thanks in advance.

Looking for a dealer in Bangalore who is quoting reasonable prices for Denon AVRs. Any leads are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
This price is very high.
The X1700 is about 65k and the X2700 is about 77k.

I don't know any dealers in Bangalore but i do know a dealer in North India who will ship to Bangalore. You can PM me if you want the dealer details.

Thanks in advance.
Bangalore dealer prices are ridiculous. Unsure why they are unable to match prices or even come close to those from elsewhere. Faced the same with a pair of floorstanders that I was scouting for earlier this month. There was a 11-12 percent differential between the lowest quoted here and Mumbai (95k-100k base price)

Just call few folks in Bangalore and Chennai based on your Indiamart query. am sure you will get competitive prices. Once you have a list..pit each against the other and get the best price. Hopefully this should work. End of the day they too want to get rid of their inventory. How many Indians can afford one lakh and above speaker packages?

1700 or 2700 which is right pick as they both have almost all same features except lill differences.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back