X90K vs C2 vs QN90B (~1L)

dracos93

Hi all, I'm in the market for a 4K tv with a budget in and around 1L. Majority of the content I consume include sports on an HD STB, OTT and gaming on PS5. Given these parameters, I've been mostly thinking of the X90K and QN90B but recently I've become open to LG OLED TVs too as those are available in smaller sizes and cost around the same as a 55" X90K.

I've seen some youtube comparisons and looked at lots of numbers on RTINGS, but as someone else said on this forum, how it looks to us is probably more important. I also plan to buy a good home theatre setup for the sound (maybe Atmos compatible). Could I please get some feedback on those 3 TVs or anything else I could consider in that budget for my needs?

Hi all, I'm in the market for a 4K tv with a budget in and around 1L. Majority of the content I consume include sports on an HD STB, OTT and gaming on PS5. Given these parameters, I've been mostly thinking of the X90K and QN90B but recently I've become open to LG OLED TVs too as those are available in smaller sizes and cost around the same as a 55" X90K.

I've seen some youtube comparisons and looked at lots of numbers on RTINGS, but as someone else said on this forum, how it looks to us is probably more important. I also plan to buy a good home theatre setup for the sound (maybe Atmos compatible). Could I please get some feedback on those 3 TVs or anything else I could consider in that budget for my needs?
All the three are good TVs. C2 is better for gaming but if you do not properly baby-sit the TV, burn in may happen. So, this is the order of preference by a majority...

Lg c2>>QN90B>>X90K.

Thanks, I am really afraid to go with OLED due to the possibility of burn in. Is C2 better at upscaling (especially STB content) and motion handling compared to X90K. The main reason I am still interested in the Sony brand is for its hyped motionflow tech, XR processor and 3D audio.

But I checked out an X90K at a Croma showroom recently and asked the staff to play Star Sports HD from STB and I noticed the brightness and colors were punchier than other TVs around it, but the picture clarity wasn't necessarily better than the other TVs. Also noticed a halo effect around the players, which was weird. So this kind of left me a little unimpressed as I was expecting the X90K to awe me. But the staff did say the STB was an older device and was running at 1366x768 resolution and the source picture was frequently glitching (STB issue) so it was hard to judge well.

I also saw the QN90B TV and it looked quite good, but didn't test it too much as it was getting late. I am probably gonna head out to another store once again and test all TVs to get another idea.

Thanks, I am really afraid to go with OLED due to the possibility of burn in. Is C2 better at upscaling (especially STB content) and motion handling compared to X90K. The main reason I am still interested in the Sony brand is for its hyped motionflow tech, XR processor and 3D audio.

But I checked out an X90K at a Croma showroom recently and asked the staff to play Star Sports HD from STB and I noticed the brightness and colors were punchier than other TVs around it, but the picture clarity wasn't necessarily better than the other TVs. Also noticed a halo effect around the players, which was weird. So this kind of left me a little unimpressed as I was expecting the X90K to awe me. But the staff did say the STB was an older device and was running at 1366x768 resolution and the source picture was frequently glitching (STB issue) so it was hard to judge well.

I also saw the QN90B TV and it looked quite good, but didn't test it too much as it was getting late. I am probably gonna head out to another store once again and test all TVs to get another idea.
Just the going by the tech, X90K is a FALD, QN90B is miniLED and C2 is OLED.
OLED >> miniLED >> FALD.
C2 is best in most of the cases. Or else QN90B if you want the highest brightness. With X90K you are just paying the Sony tax for a lower tech TV.

Brightness is not the only parameter for picture quality. Mass market who are used to inaccurate and over exposed images perceive brighter image to be better. Showroom all TV’s will be in vivid mode. So make sure you spend time in tweaking the tv in accurate picture modes like cinema or filmmaker mode. If not a fan of these modes atleast change it to standard and tweak the settings. Oled is the best interms of picture quality but it purely depends on the contents you will watch and the environment. If usage is in a bright room for sports,DTH and regional contents a bright led tv is more then enough. For a pitch dark room and HT usage nothing beats Oled

Sports would pretty much be the only content I watch on DTH. Most other times I'd either be watching something on OTT or playing on PS5. I've been watching some youtube videos of the LG C2 and most do say it's the best at the moment compared to the other two.

With OLEDs, apart from burn in possibility, can I make do with some dark curtains in a living room and still get at least a normal LED level picture? Also, considering where I'd be placing my TV, some might be viewing it an angle so I am concerned about the viewing angles of the VA panel TVs, which again makes me lean towards OLED.

Like Srinivasaramanujam said, I've also seen others mention that the LG C2 OLED is great for gaming with its game mode, freesync and gsync support (I'm assuming Indian models have it too?). So this again tempts me to get the C2.

If I can get some confirmation that motion handling, upscaling and smooth gradation is also better in the C2, I'm almost ready to bite the bullet on it. I still need to check it out in person once, but the rains in Chennai are keeping me in for the moment.

I am very reluctant to go with QN90B and Samsungs in general due to the lack of Dolby Vision support. What are others' thoughts on that? Is it a deal breaker or not necessarily a huge issue?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back