XBox 360 DVD Repair

jmascreen

Any pointers to repair/replace Xbox 360 DVD Rom, its giving problem while reading/eject. I have a US model hence not sure whether Microsoft India will support/service

I am getting open Tray error on almost all Games DVDs some audio CDs plays intermittently
Any known solutions for it?

I am getting open Tray error on almost all Games DVDs some audio CDs plays intermittently
Any known solutions for it?

Found this upvoted solution on ifixit, give it a try.

Mine did this last night. I found the following procedure on a youtube video somewhere. Can't find the link because YouTube is blocked here:

1: Turn off the machine (with no disc in).

2: Turn on the machine by opening the disc tray.

3: Physically force the disc tray back in with force. Not so much that you snap the thing or knock it off its runners, but enough that the motors stop retracting the tray.

The tray should stop ajar for a few seconds before the machine composes itself and continues to retract the tray.

4: Reboot the Xbox and the drive should function normally.

I'm unsure exactly why this works, but my best tech head says that the controller for the drive gets into a bit of a tizzy and doesn't realize that the laser is incorrectly calibrated. Forcing the tray this way makes the drive perform some sort of self-check, in which it re-calibrates itself and works.

If it doesn't work, pay this guy a visit since you're in Pune.

Babu Video Games, Bhawani Peth, Pune - Gaming Console Dealers - Justdial

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back