Xtreamer HD mediaplayer for audiophiles too..!

kaushik

This HD mediaplayer have added some good piece of hardware for audio playback
Cirrus Logic Description
The CS4352 is high-performance stereo D/A converter for consumer electronics, professional and automotive audio applications. This low profile 20-pin, 102dB D/A converter is a pin-compatible, hardware mode only, cost efficient version of the popular CS4351 stereo D/A converter.

Advanced multi-bit Delta Sigma modulator
106 dB dynamic range
-93dB THD+N
24-bit / 192kHz sample rates
Integrated line driver 2VRMS output

See the A/B Test Results in...
source:Xtreamer Media Player

The xtreamer HD player with Wifi some special features I have posted here:http://www.hifivision.com/media-streaming-players/4868-wdtv-killer-here-9.html#post73204

Is this a new version with Cirrus logic DAC or the one selling in india has this DAC for audio ?

I tried to quickly browse through the review. I did not find any mention to audiophile sound.

kaushik,
Are you really happy with the way the on-board DAC sounds, or is it just the support for 192kHz/24bit audio sample that makes you believe that it is an audiophile grade device?

On-board DACs on PCs and DVD players have been carrying the 192kHz/24bit tag for about 3 or 4 years now. That did not make them sound any better. So I am looking forward to hearing from you on the actual sound quality.

Thanks,
Sharad

I tried to quickly browse through the review. I did not find any mention to audiophile sound.

kaushik,
Are you really happy with the way the on-board DAC sounds, or is it just the support for 192kHz/24bit audio sample that makes you believe that it is an audiophile grade device?

On-board DACs on PCs and DVD players have been carrying the 192kHz/24bit tag for about 3 or 4 years now. That did not make them sound any better. So I am looking forward to hearing from you on the actual sound quality.

Thanks,
Sharad

I agree that On-board DACs are not as good as premium DAC units..

but .. the A/B test results in the thread link I have given 'indicating' it will give a decent audio output for less
investment ...I cant comment until actually I hear it (expecting it close to entry level DACs atleast :) ).

I have a super unreliable windows mobile phone that I can not use as a phone. But I can definitely use it as a touchscreen remote.
Is it possible to control anything on this device through the windows mobile? It has wi fi and has an IE (well it wasn't obvious when I got it in 2003/2004)

Or, can I install a touchscreen with this device?

regards

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back