Xtreamer PRO owners Thread

I was just browsing around on their forums and have never seen more rude moderators. The folks on the AC Ryan forums appear to be saints by comparison.

+1 to that too ... Seriously... they are very rude and they don't obey the human factor... they just go by the rule as if they are robots

:) +1 to that.

but sumit & co of the india distribution arm seem courteous, punctual, and committed to their word. i have a very positive impression based on ther interaction so far.

if that 2.4 version sees light of day and does what it promises, I will be one happy man!

Well, I would not agree to it. They had listed the Xtreamer original and Xtreamer SW (both with wifi dongle) on ebay India for Rs 8990 and Rs 9290 few days back. After the announced the HD audio support, they jacked up the same listing to Rs 9290 and Rs 9490. So much for their commitment.

MODS, this is the truth and Xtreamer India knows about it because I have had few PMs exchange with them though I did not save them. However if you find it in any violation, please remove this post.

After seeing this I am not having any faith in Xtreamer India either. Their product might be good but their practices are not.

We (in association with our dealer) had arranged for eBay listing as a trial. And we clearly mentioned in our post that:

"This is just a trial, we will sell only one product, dispatch it and once we get the payment, we will list more products.

In the 1st trial product, we will bear the eBay charges. If we are successful, we will add eBay charges when we list all our products."

http://www.hifivision.com/sale-dealer/8579-xtreamer-pro-pre-booking-7.html#post150012

And ONE product was indeed sold for for lesser price on 8th July, 2010 to the ebay user "yashika_003", Hyderabad (already dispatched). Now HFV members can decide the allegation put on us is it really justified?

eBay charges are quite high (6-7%), so probably, he (our dealer) might have increased the price and we think that he will not be continuing with eBay listing in future (he will decide). Moreover, if any of our associate buys in bulk and sells it at 8k, 10k or 12k, these things are beyond our control and heavily depend on demand vs. supply. We had a commitment for one product sale for trial without eBay charges and we did fulfilled that.

Hope HFV members will understand.

We (in association with our dealer) had arranged for eBay listing as a trial. And we clearly mentioned in our post that:

"This is just a trial, we will sell only one product, dispatch it and once we get the payment, we will list more products.

In the 1st trial product, we will bear the eBay charges. If we are successful, we will add eBay charges when we list all our products."

http://www.hifivision.com/sale-dealer/8579-xtreamer-pro-pre-booking-7.html#post150012

And ONE product was indeed sold for for lesser price on 8th July, 2010 to the ebay user "yashika_003", Hyderabad (already dispatched). Now HFV members can decide the allegation put on us is it really justified?

eBay charges are quite high (6-7%), so probably, he (our dealer) might have increased the price and we think that he will not be continuing with eBay listing in future (he will decide). Moreover, if any of our associate buys in bulk and sells it at 8k, 10k or 12k, these things are beyond our control and heavily depend on demand vs. supply. We had a commitment for one product sale for trial without eBay charges and we did fulfilled that.

Hope HFV members will understand.

I just had one more PM exchange with xtreamer India which clarifies that the 9290 was for the very first trial listing only and the subsequent 9490 was with the ebay charges included (which they had already notified to HFV users that the second listing onwards will include ebay charges). Anyways I do not want to unnecessarily criticize or blame some body.

For that I apologize.

Strange problem on Xtreamer Pro :

I have HDMI out to AVR.

But on playing movies, i get display but NO SOUND.

I checked the setting in HDMI audio . it is on.

What do u suggest ??

Put the HDMI direct to the TV and check the vol....

1.if no vol... try another cable....
2.If yes.. try different HDMI Compatibility in the Xtreamer Pro Settings

Disclaimer: I haven't tried the 2nd option of my own..

I just saw an ad for Xtreamer Pro in AVMax and it has been listed at 15k, without any wifi antenna or hard disk. The only reason to buy this player over others is that you can add an internal hard disk. And when you do that, the price goes up another 2-3k. So we are looking at 18k. Why shouldn't we buy a proper HTPC at this price? There are plenty available which are so small that they can literally hide behind the TV. Not to mention the flexibility they offer. Am I missing something?

Last edited:
hi...did anybody try the new FW? I downloaded but the xpro does not recognize the file...tried it with 3 different EHDDs? :(

try upgrade version from anywhere - it should work

-------

if using emergency FW, use pen drive ( formatted for FAT32) having only install_pro.img and follow the sequence:

Press Home Button ( observe the red light blink on remote and xT Pro )
Then press delete - 3 - yellow button ( observe the red light on xT Pro )
Finally press Power button
wait for some time ( 3-4 minutes )
if nothing happens , press power button again. I hope this will help.

___

putting install_pro.img on hard drive it may not recognize it.

Thanks Chirag...i'm trying to install FW 2.4 that includes the juke box...the xtr file is not recognized by xpro...should i try renaming it to xtr_pro?

try upgrade version from anywhere - it should work

-------

if using emergency FW, use pen drive ( formatted for FAT32) having only install_pro.img and follow the sequence:

Press Home Button ( observe the red light blink on remote and xT Pro )
Then press delete - 3 - yellow button ( observe the red light on xT Pro )
Finally press Power button
wait for some time ( 3-4 minutes )
if nothing happens , press power button again. I hope this will help.

___

putting install_pro.img on hard drive it may not recognize it.

used a usb drive and tried installing 2.4 from it, did not work. the xtreamer pro did not recognize the .img file. Help please.

Thanks Chirag...i'm trying to install FW 2.4 that includes the juke box...the xtr file is not recognized by xpro...should i try renaming it to xtr_pro?

http://gator884.hostgator.com/~xtreamer/Xtreamer-Pro_2.4.0.zip

This zip file has "Xtreamer-Pro_2.4.0.xtr_pro" so no need to rename anything.

However, it is suggested to use emergency firmware update with the following instructions.

used a usb drive and tried installing 2.4 from it, did not work. the xtreamer pro did not recognize the .img file. Help please.

http://gator884.hostgator.com/~xtreamer/Xtreamer-Pro_2.4.0_Emergency_Upgrade.zip

Before starting the procedure of emergency recovery - Please make sure you are using the AV RCA cables and not HDMI. Some TV HDCP protocols may cause problem to show the procedure on TV.

(1) Download the Xtreamer Emergency file
(2) Extract the file install_pro.img
(3) Format a USB stick FAT32 and copy the install.img file to the root.
(4) Disconnect all the cables, remove WIFI antenna and any other USB storage devices. Take the unit out of the electricty power on the wall for 30 minutes. Plug the power in again.
(5) In Remote control, press Home(release button) -> 3(release button) -> Power(release button). Press the buttons with a 1 sec pause.

Any other sequence will fail and nothing will happen as the call for this procedure is initiated by HOME button pressed first...

If the firmware is not in the root of the USB the process will fail as the process seek the .img in the USB root.

Process Emergency upgrade should be visible on the screen if done correct.

Please note : After intro screen, if system boots without further update procedure, re-try emergency firmware update while powering-off the unit. It means you did not do it in the correct way. PRESS the HOME first and after 3 and after POWER while the unit is OFF.

It might be necessary to run the procedure several times. If you are not successful you may need to use another USB stick.

Before starting the procedure of emergency recovery - Please make sure you are using the AV RCA cables and not HDMI. Some TV HDCP protocols may cause problem to show the procedure on TV.

(1) Download the Xtreamer Emergency file
(2) Extract the file install_pro.img
(3) Format a USB stick FAT32 and copy the install.img file to the root.
(4) Disconnect all the cables, remove WIFI antenna and any other USB storage devices. Take the unit out of the electricty power on the wall for 30 minutes. Plug the power in again.
(5) In Remote control, press Home(release button) -> 3(release button) -> Power(release button). Press the buttons with a 1 sec pause.

Any other sequence will fail and nothing will happen as the call for this procedure is initiated by HOME button pressed first...

If the firmware is not in the root of the USB the process will fail as the process seek the .img in the USB root.

Process Emergency upgrade should be visible on the screen if done correct.

Please note : After intro screen, if system boots without further update procedure, re-try emergency firmware update while powering-off the unit. It means you did not do it in the correct way. PRESS the HOME first and after 3 and after POWER while the unit is OFF.

It might be necessary to run the procedure several times. If you are not successful you may need to use another USB stick.

I tried exactly the same processes which are also available on the xtreamer site without any luck. I will give it another try and will post the results.

Update:
Magic. The upgrade process is successful. The only difference is I did not have any harddisk installed in it earlier. But I am not sure that made the difference.

Last edited:
thanx for the offer chirag...and thanx for the detailed explanation xtreamer.india...i got one doubt though...why this emergency FW??? do i need to install it too? or can i directly go for the 2.4?

thanx again
:cheers:

thanx for the offer chirag...and thanx for the detailed explanation xtreamer.india...i got one doubt though...why this emergency FW??? do i need to install it too? or can i directly go for the 2.4?

thanx again

mate, in this context, emergency FW = 2.4. Only the process described here is meant for installing the emergency FW, which is in fact valid for all frameworks.

thanx again

the name "emergency" confuse always.
In their context, if you get any firmware that will be on above the existing installation on your xT/xT Pro and it will be termed as upgrade.
But when you get emergency firmware, it will wipeout the existing installation and will do fresh installation. That is safe, and do not have to worry.

People do lots of mods to their software in xT, hence upgrade version is useful for them.
People like us, who do not do lot of modification to their installations, should always go for emergency firmware.

Back