Xtz owners thread

Love4sound

Dear Fm’s

so after using the 10.17 for nearly a year my journey continues with xtz and today I have picked up a 12.17. I know we have a few happy xtz users here so it’s high time this brand gets a owners thread. I have auditioned few of their products and find it really good for its price. For me the customer support has been exceptional as well. So do check out their range of products and let me know if you have any queries. A very trustworthy brand and top quality performance. For price to performance and features xtz for sure won’t disappoint you. Other owners do share your views and share pics of your wonderful xtz products

Regards
Navin

Attachments

• E10454BA-4BB4-4DC3-A142-EF498CFDED28.jpeg
    E10454BA-4BB4-4DC3-A142-EF498CFDED28.jpeg
    100.1 KB · Views: 71
  • A5D34599-553E-4D20-8C6D-AB48691469E8.jpeg
    A5D34599-553E-4D20-8C6D-AB48691469E8.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 72
Likes to know who is the distributer of XTZ in kerala, is there any official list of distributers across india?

Likes to know who is the distributer of XTZ in kerala, is there any official list of distributers across india?
Yeah they have one distributor in kerala. Please find the list of dealers in the link below. They also have few more which may be not updated in the list so feel free to contact surround swar. They will guide you

Recently got a 10.17 EDGE, pretty happy with it so far. Using it in sealed mode for music and with one port open for movies. Loads of customization options help to adjust it to the room.

While i have not listened to PB2000 , the XTZ 12.17 Edge seems to be much better for movies over the SB2000. Yet to test it for music in sealed mode as i had not received the foam bungs initially (dealer provided one temporarily) , which I received from the distributor on Saturday. But even by interchanging the bungs it performed good for music and was as good as the SB2000 without any real efforts towards integration. I would also love to experiment with the room gain options which is on my to do list.

While by recommending XTZ speakers in multiple threads i may look like an affiliated marketer, trust me I am not I was just surprised by the lack of reviews and reccos online and wanted buyers to seriously consider this as one of the shortlists for auditions if not anything more. The simplicity of the presentation of the Spirit 11 is very neutral and engaging with slight emphasis maybe on the Vocals or its maybe me who likes to emphasize on the vocals :). The XTZ inspires confidence right from the packaging of the speakers vs the focals which despite costing much more comes in a el-cheapo packaging.

Last edited:
While i have not listened to PB2000 , the XTZ 12.17 Edge seems to be much better for movies over the SB2000. Yet to test it for music in sealed mode as i had not received the foam bungs initially (dealer provided one temporarily) , which I received from the distributor on Saturday. But even by interchanging the bungs it performed good for music and was as good as the SB2000 without any real efforts towards integration. I would also love to experiment with the room gain options which is on my to do list.

While by recommending XTZ speakers in multiple threads i may look like an affiliated marketer, trust me I am not I was just surprised by the lack of reviews and reccos online and wanted buyers to seriously consider this as one of the shortlists for auditions if not anything more. The simplicity of the presentation of the Spirit 11 is very neutral and engaging with slight emphasis maybe on the Vocals or its maybe me who likes to emphasize on the vocals :). The XTZ inspires confidence right from the packaging of the speakers vs the focals which despite costing much more comes in a el-cheapo packaging.
Yeah Xtz is really good and gives amazing performance and features vs some of the products at same price in other brands. While experimenting different ports it’s very important to run Audessey. Reason is that for each port settings the sub response is different. If you have already calibrated the sub blocking the right port, audyssey would apply eq based on the room response Measured with right port blocked. Now if u use the same house curve and close left port the eq applied by audyssey may cause muddy, boomy and flat bass notes. So for closing left port u again need to do the basic sub calibration. First pick the right spot for left port closed and again run audyssey. Using mobile app it’s easy. Some time’s I use with left port closed and some times right. Each time I just load the curve from app. Left port closed gives strong mid bass

Yeah Xtz is really good and gives amazing performance and features vs some of the products at same price in other brands. While experimenting different ports it’s very important to run Audessey. Reason is that for each port settings the sub response is different. If you have already calibrated the sub blocking the right port, audyssey would apply eq based on the room response Measured with right port blocked. Now if u use the same house curve and close left port the eq applied by audyssey may cause muddy, boomy and flat bass notes. So for closing left port u again need to do the basic sub calibration. First pick the right spot for left port closed and again run audyssey. Using mobile app it’s easy. Some time’s I use with left port closed and some times right. Each time I just load the curve from app. Left port closed gives strong mid bass

How do I calibrate only the Sub , by turning off other speakers in the settings is it ?

How do I calibrate only the Sub , by turning off other speakers in the settings is it ?
No that won’t be possible. By calibration I mean run audysey again with the port tuning option you choose. Hectic I know but that’s the only way. But once done you can just load the curves from app.

I love XTZ 12.17 Edge for its versatility, looks, PEQ option, and fit and finish. Its never boomy either. Like I have already posted previously in a thread, the XTZ 12.17 Edge is a Jack of all trade. Its good for both music and movies but but but it does have a problem, It does produce audible port noise if pushed loud below 30hz. Right now, I am using this sub like a MBM to cover all the nulls in the mid bass from 35 to 80hz and it comfortably produces all the cheast thump I need. Overall, this is a great sub for the price we pay.
A small piece of advice. If you are purchasing XTZ subs then try to get the Edge version as I have read in many posts about amps causing problem in the non-Edge version and my friend who bought the 10.17 (non-Edge) got his amp faulty one month ago, just before his warranty expired and got the amp replaced. The ICe amp used in the Edge verson is much reliable and robust than the older model.

Last edited:
Always wanted to hear the 12inch thx front slot sub. Although the freq response of 12.17 and the cinema sub r same,dont know why its so much more premium thn 12.17?

Always wanted to hear the 12inch thx front slot sub. Although the freq response of 12.17 and the cinema sub r same,dont know why its so much more premium thn 12.17?
Pple who have heard the cinema sub gave feedback that it’s much better then 12.17 and the edge variants.

The Cinema series and the Non-Edge 12.17 share the same driver and amp but the enclosure of the cinema series is large and the port tuning may also be different. THX certification has nothing to do for high performance sube, the company has to pay for it, which will only reflect in the final price we pay and hence the THX certified subs cost more. Big brands like SVS, JTR, Funk, PSA, Velodyne and JL don't even bother about THX certification.
(note: XTZ has also introduced 15.17Edge(15" Driver), D12.17 Edge (with dual opposed 12" driver) and another dual 12" front facing model.)

Last edited:
I own the Spirit 12 sub. Although it's just 200rms but never felt it's struggling. I can relate it's sound signature to my previous 12.17 in the midbass.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back