XTZ-Room Analyzer Pro

Has any one used the xtz room analyzer pro?. Please see the link below to see its features. I would like to know how we can use the measured results for correction.

Are you planning to use it on your AVR?
If I am not mistaken, the 2400 comes with the basic Audyssey MultEQ XT , which while not as resolving as XT 32 or XT Pro will still (in all likelihoood ) do a better job than XTZ
Reason being the only modification you can make from your findings from XTZ can only be used to adjust the parametric equalization .
On the other hand, mult EQ will apply compensations both on the frequency response (i.e. PEQ) as well as additional response filters on the timing domain.
You can at best use it to study the post Audyssey response curve and make modifications to furniture/speaker placements to optimize it further
You would probably be better off spending that money on upgrading your AVR to a receiver that support XT32

Are you planning to use it on your AVR?
If I am not mistaken, the 2400 comes with the basic Audyssey MultEQ XT , which while not as resolving as XT 32 or XT Pro will still (in all likelihoood ) do a better job than XTZ
Reason being the only modification you can make from your findings from XTZ can only be used to adjust the parametric equalization .
On the other hand, mult EQ will apply compensations both on the frequency response (i.e. PEQ) as well as additional response filters on the timing domain.
You can at best use it to study the post Audyssey response curve and make modifications to furniture/speaker placements to optimize it further
You would probably be better off spending that money on upgrading your AVR to a receiver that support XT32
I am not going to buy it but will try to loan it from dealer. I was just wondering what I will have to do in the avr with the results from xtz pro graphs

the audyssey version on your avr does not allow for any edits to the calculated curve.
The only option you will have is to disable audyssey and switch to manual EQ which you can populate using results from the software.

the audyssey version on your avr does not allow for any edits to the calculated curve.
The only option you will have is to disable audyssey and switch to manual EQ which you can populate using results from the software.
ok so basically i can just know what is wrong and right from the results. So with XT32 will i be able to edit the curve and make corrections based on the xtz pro results?

Yes, but IMO, unless you are absolutely sure of what you are doing,XT32 curves are best left unmodified.
I haven't done experiments on XT32 but have tweaked around a bit on manual adjustments with Anthem room correction (ARC) results.
Long story short, the best results were obtained leaving the original results untouched.
XT32 is a fairly high resolution solution and it's generally considered to be at tier II of room corrections along with DIRAC and ARC.

Trinnov is considered to be the best amongst the lot but it's quite expensive to get

Yes, but IMO, unless you are absolutely sure of what you are doing,XT32 curves are best left unmodified.
I haven't done experiments on XT32 but have tweaked around a bit on manual adjustments with Anthem room correction (ARC) results.
Long story short, the best results were obtained leaving the original results untouched.
XT32 is a fairly high resolution solution and it's generally considered to be at tier II of room corrections along with DIRAC and ARC.

Trinnov is considered to be the best amongst the lot but it's quite expensive to get
Ok cool I already have my mindset to upgrade my avr but not now since It’s been just a year so I’ll use it for one more year and get the Denon 4600.

I am not going to buy it but will try to loan it from dealer. I was just wondering what I will have to do in the avr with the results from xtz pro graphs
You may instead ask the dealer to calibrate your system for you. Imo, loaning a device and making trail and error corrections won’t be better than a pro calibrator who has good experience with the device. Who knows, a even bigger subwoofer can still do wonders in your room.

You may instead ask the dealer to calibrate your system for you. Imo, loaning a device and making trail and error corrections won’t be better than a pro calibrator who has good experience with the device. Who knows, a even bigger subwoofer can still do wonders in your room.
Well may be when i upgrade my AVR but for now i am not going to ask him to come all the way since now i know that nothing can be done in my avr with the results. Ill just see whats wrong and whats right with the results

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back