Y-adapter for subwoofer?

utkarsh

Hey all,
I just picked up a Velodyne Impact Sub today to hook up to my Marantz Sr5005 receiver. The receiver has a mono subwoofer out but the subwoofer has a stereo input. I've heard some people say to use a mono cable and just hook it into either the left or right input on the sub and others say to use a y-adapter. anyone have any ideas on this???:confused:

In user manual it written never use just the left or just the right input.

I am using Y adapter of monoprice,but for opposite function.2 SW out of AVR to LFE of SW.

Hey all,
I just picked up a Velodyne Impact Sub today to hook up to my Marantz Sr5005 receiver. The receiver has a mono subwoofer out but the subwoofer has a stereo input. I've heard some people say to use a mono cable and just hook it into either the left or right input on the sub and others say to use a y-adapter. anyone have any ideas on this???:confused:

In user manual it written never use just the left or just the right input.

IS there a LFE out in your receiver ?

There is only a single RCA phono socket the 'sub out or LFE Out' connection on the rear of the AVR and twin RCA (phono) inputs on my subwoofer.
I think i have two cables
4136a1y2p0l.jpg

31ffenv073l.jpg

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back