Yahama 3066 with Taga Harmony TAV-606 ? or suggest a better one within 30k

paimpozhil

HI All,

I have this situation and I need you guys to help.

I have this receiver Yamaha HTR 3066 AV that came as a part of YHT 299 package along with its speakers which are decent.

I use this HTIB (YHT 299) together with my Epson HD projector for movies., It is all good.

I also have a 4k VU TV which needs better audio as the output from this VU TV IS CRAPPY and as a bonus they don't even have an ARC Port or an optical port.

I want an OKAYish sound output from TV with clear VOICE which is why I tried going with a soundbar but then due to lack of patience and crappy access to backpanel ports in the TV I now want to add a Receiver so I don't have to reach that anymore.

Now I would like to do a mini audio upgrade for both TV / Projector.

I.e to combine the Yamaha 3066 with Taga Harmony TAV-606 v.3 540W RMS 5.0-CH

Then take the speakers from the YHT 299 excluding the subwoofer( It's VERY GOOD though) and use it with a new receiver that I will setup along with the TV .

Is TAGA a good choice in this budget, About auditioning I do not have lot of places in my city to do that also they will give me a pricing that I hate so I would just take your advices on the best sound and for me anything that is better than the Yamaha HTIB speakers is god enough.

Please note I know it is good to buy the front/center/rear all separately as we go but I am not the one with all that patience so I would prefer to get it all in one shot/ setup and forget :)

Budget

30k for the new speakers
30k for the new receiver.

If there is a better solution in the same budget I am all ears .

Last edited:
Hi

Taga speakers are rated at 6 ohms load, any AVR which can deliver minimum 100 watts RMS at 8 ohms load would more than suffice the drive for Taga speakers...

If you are looking at another AVR to drive the Tagas, look out for pre owned, this will reduce costing....

Here is my experience after helping one of my friend setup HT with Taga Harmony TAV-606 SE almost a months back:

Setup:
AVR - Pioneer VSX 524
Speakers - TAV-606 SE
Sub - PSW 110
Source - PC

Fronts - FloorStands - Great for the price paid, throw of sound is very good, you will not at all feel that you are listening to a budget setup if a sub is added to the setup.
Center - Center speaker in the package may not be sufficient to create the magic if room is bigger than 12x12 or so. You may have to adjust and crank up center channel level from AVR.
Rare - Good enough for HT setup.

Definitely value for money speaker system, there should be no complaints after adding a subwooder. Changing the center speaker could be next upgrade to this setup specially if room size is bigger than 12x12.

Choose a good AVR, take my advice and try not to look for entry level AVRs from any brands.
You may look for pre-owned AVR to get something better in your budget.

Hope this helps.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back