Yahama AS500 with KEF Q300 Suggesations!!..

I have been using Yamaha AS500 for a week now. One should go for AS500 only if you need a clinical sound. You wont get the extra punch that you get in CA & Marantz. I am glad that you have zeroed down to CA. All the best.

Finally got my system setup done and running :D

Went to SKS Traders and listened to CA Azure 550A & 650A for few hours with different tracks and finally decided to go with CA Azure 650A coz of its great Hi and Mid Fidality. I dont know why 550A sounded great the other day, prolly coz I just listened to one track and may be also coz of hearing so many amps at once.

Now with my system up and running, with the sound clarity i am getting with it attached to Xonar STX is just what i wanted and perfect. It is reproducing almost exactly the songs/music as I wanted and to my taste. I am really glad to get this system.

Now I am using "XLO Test & Burn-In CD" to burn in my system with 20% volume.

If anyone need anything to ask about the details and all, you post here, I will reply or you can email me at [email protected]

Finally got my system setup done and running :D

Went to SKS Traders and listened to CA Azure 550A & 650A for few hours with different tracks and finally decided to go with CA Azure 650A coz of its great Hi and Mid Fidality. I dont know why 550A sounded great the other day, prolly coz I just listened to one track and may be also coz of hearing so many amps at once.

Now with my system up and running, with the sound clarity i am getting with it attached to Xonar STX is just what i wanted and perfect. It is reproducing almost exactly the songs/music as I wanted and to my taste. I am really glad to get this system.

Now I am using "XLO Test & Burn-In CD" to burn in my system with 20% volume.

If anyone need anything to ask about the details and all, you post here, I will reply or you can email me at [email protected]

Congratulations satyajit!!! :)

It seems you ultimately found the perfect match : Cambridge Audio 650A + KEF 300.

Enjoy dude.:D

Desk (Speaker Closed)
2012-01-07212332.jpg

Desk (Speaker Open)
2012-01-07213209.jpg

Left Speaker Closeup
2012-01-07212429.jpg

Desk View from Right
2012-01-07212536.jpg

Left Speaker (Closed)
2012-01-07212358.jpg

Left Speaker (Open)
2012-01-07212420.jpg

Right Speaker (Closed)
2012-01-07212554.jpg

Right Speaker (Open)
2012-01-07212645.jpg

Remote (without flash)
2012-01-07212723.jpg

Remote (with flash)
2012-01-07212715.jpg

Left Speaker Back Side
2012-01-07214803.jpg

Amp (Cambridge Audio Azur 650A)
2012-01-07212445.jpg

Amp (Cambridge Audio Azur 650A)
2012-01-07212452.jpg

Amazing but I think that the right speaker is too close to the wooden rack/wall. Give some space to the right channel to breathe.

Yeah I know, I will shift the right monitor to the left and shift the right speaker a bit inside, but for that I need longer DVI-D cable. Unfortunately I am not able to get the cable that long. Secondly once I get it I will get a Stand for my left speaker and move it outside the table. Then it will be all done.

Satyajit, a review of your combo, how's the mid range, highs and bass etc, would be great and will help many like me.

Once again, congrats for the purchase dada:)

Yeah I know, I will shift the right monitor to the left and shift the right speaker a bit inside, but for that I need longer DVI-D cable. Unfortunately I am not able to get the cable that long. Secondly once I get it I will get a Stand for my left speaker and move it outside the table. Then it will be all done.

NO! Take it from someone who works on a similar workstation as you, try and keep the BS on the table and avoid stands as much as possible. They are a headache.

All you need to do is as you said move both the monitors to the left more and move the right speaker to a balanced distance from your sitting position.

Also here's another small suggestion. Get rid of these marked with red, it will slow oxide forming by not exposing a surface area of the cable to open air.

EMefB.jpg

You can give them a near end and make the tops look like this
83sTc.jpg

Also here's another small suggestion. Get rid of these marked with red, it will slow oxide forming by not exposing a surface area of the cable to open air.

Thanks for the advice... The tip of the cables I soldered them so no oxidation occurs.. I am running this setup for almost 1.5+ years now w/o any oxidation so far and they still sound as brilliant or rather more brilliant than before after an estimated burn-out period of over 1500+ hrs.

Sorry I was away from the forum for so long.. Regarding the review of the AMP + Speaker, still after listening to them is pure fun as they sound as good or rather even better than when I bought them. I listened to Vocals, Instrumentals, Pop, Classical Orchestras, Souls, Epic Action... they are all so pure.. Specially instruments such as Violin, Piano, Drums, are just speechless.. I cant be more happy as I think the money I spend on this worth every penny as they produce such great fidelity.

Though the position of the speakers are still the same as in picture I don't feel of changing it as I like the sound they produce already, plus I don't have enough room to move them anyways.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back