Yamaha 100W NS SW - Suggest me the best combination

Its john barrel and impedance is marked 4-8 ohms
Can you share a pic of the impedance details marked.
Speaker impedance is always marked as 4 ohms, 6 ohms, 8 ohms, not like 4-8 ohms.
What you can do is take the speakers to a local technician and check actual impedance. If its 6 ohms and above you can use it with entry level AVRs.
If it's below than 6 ohms then not recommended to use with entry level AVRs

my friend suggested me this Sony BDV-N7200W. Slightly over my budget but is it worth?

Entry level AVR + Yamaha NS SW100 OR Entry level AVR + Taga 506 5.0 Vs Sony BDV-N7200W

Sony BDV-N7200W has a passive sub and Yamaha NS SW100 is an active sub. It's always a good choice to buy an active sub.
If you buy Sony BDV-N7200W you will not able to upgrade speakers or sub later. My suggestion goes with AVR + SUB with your john barrel speakers if they are 6 ohms or higher, else go with AVR + Taga 5.0 setup and add a sub later.

Ok noted. There is a slight change in my room size. It will be 8 x 18 x 10, I fear if my speakers are over powered, will the atmosphere be any good or echoer or something bad?

Ok noted. There is a slight change in my room size. It will be 8 x 18 x 10, I fear if my speakers are over powered, will the atmosphere be any good or echoer or something bad?

Could you share a weblink for the specification of your speakers? (or) post a picture of your speaker / if specs any mentioned on the rear side?..

If I use AVR + Yamaha Sub 100W + JB speakers or Taga 5.0 + AVR, will me room hold? What I mean is, will it be noisy, echoer?

Ok guys, thanks for all the suggestions I have finalized my speakers and avr. Denon XB250 is at 25K slightly higher than my budget, I think I can manage. Now, I read it in the forum that Bic America V80 is better than Yamaha SW100, is it true? Also I wonder, if I go for Taga TSW 200 [higher than my budget] will it cause boomy in my room?

Ok guys, thanks for all the suggestions I have finalized my speakers and avr. Denon XB250 is at 25K slightly higher than my budget, I think I can manage. Now, I read it in the forum that Bic America V80 is better than Yamaha SW100, is it true? Also I wonder, if I go for Taga TSW 200 [higher than my budget] will it cause boomy in my room?
Well hope you ended up with the right product. Seems like FM's have missed your post.It is very difficult for any one to guess how the sub will sound in your room. Basically most of the FM's here audition the sub-woofers and decide based on its performance in the demo,and there is no assurance it will sound the same in the room. Some expensive subs are well known for their performance and pple buy it based on the reviews even without taking demo. A good quality and powerful sub can be calibrated in any room but will cost more. On a small budget you just cant get the perfect sub. There are some decent options available in 25-50 K budget. I have used the yamaha 50w NSW for nearly 3 years and it did an average job.

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back