Yamaha A2080 upgrade in mind- Need advise

sunster

Hi All. I am planning to upgrade form my currrent Denon X2200 W AVR to the Aventage A2080. Speakers running are Paradigm Monitor 9 fronts, Paradigm Center, Paradigm cinema adp surrounds, Paradigm Atmos speakers in ceiling and Boston Sub. Has anyone experienced the AI surround on the new aventages..how is it and how much will this upgrade impact my existing speaker set ? Also need some good suggestions to buy genuine in Mumbai. Please chime in.

Buy yamaha rx-a3080 instead. Better DAC's, can be extended to 11.2 from 9.2 with use of external 2 channel amp. I am using two yamaha flagships myself. AI is just a gimmick as reported by many @avsforums.
You can get a good deal on rx-a3070 (close to 1.45 lac) if you find one in stock with a dealer.

IMO go for denon 4500 or the 6500 if you want 11 channels. Unlike the yamaha 3080 you dont need an external amp for 6500 and it should cost you the same or even less

Hi thanks for your inputs. Actually I'm not looking for 11 channels but more beefier sound and probably I'm just bored with the Denon 2200w. I'll take a look at the 6500 Denon. How are the Marantz avrs

I thought the Aventages would have Pre outs to connect a power amp.
Denon has pre outs from 3500. for 9.2 channel you can go for denon 4500 or the marantz 6013. Both have pre-outs and are excellent avr. I am sure it will satisfy you

Marantz SR-6013 is a very good AVR with 11.2 channels pre-out. You may connect five channels power amplifier to make it 11.2 . Emotiva A-5175 or Outlaw Audio model 5000 are few cheapest but good option if available in India. If budget is no bar than Emotiva XPA-5 available with HT Store. Again audition is must because how they will work with Paradigm Monitor 9 is unknown. One of the FM has purchased Yamaha A-1070 recently and he mentioned that it is more powerful than similarly priced AVR. So may be Yamaha A-2080 will be fine if you want to limit yourself to 9.2. Fairdeal, CST stock Yamaha AV receiver, you may visit for audition.

Hi thanks for your inputs. Actually I'm not looking for 11 channels but more beefier sound and probably I'm just bored with the Denon 2200w. I'll take a look at the 6500 Denon. How are the Marantz avrs
The current model you are using is an entry level avr. look at higher level avr of denon 4500 and above. Marantz SR 70xx and higher would be good. I am using Yamaha Rxv 2095 for music which beats marantz 7005 interms of muscular sound. Yamaha has built good recerivers in the past, not sure how they perform today.

How to get rid of the POP sound when using a Power amp with AVR Preouts?This happens when i turn them on.
I turn the volume to min on AVR before switching the PowerAmp On/Off.

Sequence is : AVR ON , AMP ON then AMP OFF, AVR OFF.

How to get rid of the POP sound when using a Power amp with AVR Preouts?This happens when i turn them on.
I turn the volume to min on AVR before switching the PowerAmp On/Off.

Sequence is : AVR ON , AMP ON then AMP OFF, AVR OFF.
What power amp are you using?

^ am using a Marantz Integrated Amp PM5004. Volume turned up max on it. AVR controls SPL levels..

Hey I am selling my brand new x4500H. Would be a cheaper deal for you compared to Aventage 3080. Please pm me in case you wanna go with it.

Thanks.

I thought the Aventages would have Pre outs to connect a power amp.
Yeah i apologize. A3080 does have 11.2 pre-outs. You can definitely go for yamaha if you want bold and muscular sound stage.Marantz and denon is subtle but more refined.Yamaha for bold,dynamic and muscular sound.For Crisp, detailed and agile sound Denon and marantz is the best choice

Marantz SR-6013 is a very good AVR with 11.2 channels pre-out. You may connect five channels power amplifier to make it 11.2 . Emotiva A-5175 or Outlaw Audio model 5000 are few cheapest but good option if available in India. If budget is no bar than Emotiva XPA-5 available with HT Store. Again audition is must because how they will work with Paradigm Monitor 9 is unknown. One of the FM has purchased Yamaha A-1070 recently and he mentioned that it is more powerful than similarly priced AVR. So may be Yamaha A-2080 will be fine if you want to limit yourself to 9.2. Fairdeal, CST stock Yamaha AV receiver, you may visit for audition.

@rpmahale - Do we get Emotiva A5175 in India? I confirmed with htstore long back, they don't deal with the same model.

I am not sure but most of the Emotiva products are available in India. This is the new version of BasX series five channel amplifier. May be available in near future..

I am not sure but most of the Emotiva products are available in India. This is the new version of BasX series five channel amplifier. May be available in near future..

Yeah, I am eyeing on this as XPA series models are out of my budget. 5175 is identical to BasX 500 with additional power handling 125W.

Currently I am using pre-owned multi channel power amplifiers but this one really attracts.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back