yamaha as 801

Kamran Zafar

Dear friends, Hello. I am new to this forum . I was presented by my brother Yamaha as801 100 RMS per/Chanel. I want to pair it with elac 6 b2, & I have no desire to connect A sub woofer,I want to use only in 8 ohms outputs & elac 6b2 is 6 ohms , I play lots of vinyls & have collections of almost 10,000 vinyls. I will request you to suggest me the best budget speakers for Yamaha as801 or suggest if 6 ohms elac 6b2 is safe for yamaha as 801.
At present I am using Yamaha DSP 590 one pioneer A205 with pioneer SJ 700V 90 watts EIAJ. What is the 90 watt Eiaj in RMS?
With regards to all my new friends
Kamran

Last edited:
Dear friends, Hello. I am new to this forum . I was presented by my brother Yamaha as801 100 RMS per/Chanel. I want to pair it with elac 6 b2, & I have no desire to connect A sub woofer,I want to use only in 8 ohms outputs & elac 6b2 is 6 ohms , I play lots of vinyls & have collections of almost 10,000 vinyls. I will request you to suggest me the best budget speakers for Yamaha as801 or suggest if 6 ohms elac 6b2 is safe for yamaha as 801.
At present I am using Yamaha DSP 590 one pioneer A205 with pioneer SJ 700V 90 watts EIAJ. What is the 90 watt Eiaj in RMS?
Kamran
Hi, and welcome to the forum. You can connect the Elac speakers to the Yamaha, should not be a problem at all. Go ahead and enjoy the music. Should sound very good.

Kamran

Hi

Welcome to HFV.

There are many threads updated with rich information uploaded by Forum Members (FMs) who have direct personal experience and also professional certifications......

See this thread....

Happy Browsing.......

Better to get speakers of 8 ohms...works well for music and vinyls

Thank you for giving me reply but you did not tell me which budget speakers of 8 ohms I should go ? if you have any particular model in your mind with in 350 dollars, in of thread I found that I need 200 watts of speakers of 6 ohms for my YAMAHA AS801 & 6B2 is only 125 watts ,
hopefully my friends thoughtful suggestion will solve my possessive problem yamaha as801
Kamran

Just to clarify on the Yamaha AS801, the specs are listed as
High Dynamic Power/Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms) 140 / 170 / 220 / 290 W.
Sure if you have want to get better/different sounding speakers, do some auditioning in your area.

Dear friend I have inherited this vinyls from my father . my sister who recently passed away my brothers & nearly 1000 from other sources , it includes Perry Como frank Sinatra elvis ,to lady gaga lady antabelum, devika rani to shriya ghoshal

as I live in Pakistan I have very little scope for audition in market place I can go for used Technics or pioneer vintage speakers

as I live in Pakistan I have very little scope for audition in market place I can go for used Technics or pioneer vintage speakers

Let us know the model of speakers which are available to you .....new models or vintage then we can advise better

Hi welcome to HFV.
I have Yamaha RN-602 (lowered model of 801), I too have great collection of vinyl from Noorjehan to Yesudas and audio cassettes. I earlier used pioneer AJ fs52 which was not only cheap but also very rich and balanced in sound esp mid. But recently I move to Q Acoustics 3050i which perfectly match to Yamaha amps. within a day or two I started hearing my music like never before. You can try it if local dealer available for Q Acoustics brand.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back