Yamaha AVR or Denon AVR?

Get2Ricky

For the set of JBL cinema 300 speakers, which AVR would be the best match. I have shortlisted the following based on availability in my area:
1. Yamaha RX V377 (around 32K)
2. Denon X510BT (around 32K)
3. Denon X500 (around 26K)
4. Yamaha RX V475 (around 37K) - kinda high on budget but if the sound quality is worth then i might increase my budget and only if RXV377 is not available.

my usage is like 60/40 for Movies/Music. Wifi and all those features are not that important as its gonna be connected to a PC. Only concern is the sound quality.

Denon would make moet sense. Whether x510bt or x500 choice is yours. They are same. Only extra features are smart connectivity in x510bt. I got x500 for 22k. See if you can get it lesser elsewhere. Even my x500 is connected to a pc and so did not need extra features

Denon would make moet sense. Whether x510bt or x500 choice is yours. They are same. Only extra features are smart connectivity in x510bt. I got x500 for 22k. See if you can get it lesser elsewhere. Even my x500 is connected to a pc and so did not need extra features

Denon better then yamaha in this case? and yeah if the only difference is BT function then i would get x500 only but it will be minimum 24-25K here even if i try to bargain more.

Its always best to audition and listen to your favorite tunes and then decide which works best for you. You can always carry your own music/movies and play at the dealer's place for more clarity and then make an investment.

I went for Yamaha after reading a lot of reviews in the forum. After sale service has been an issue with Denon and that is why many people prefer Yamaha. As a beginner, I am not sure if anyone can make out significant difference between the two. All the best!

Problem is no one got Denon on audition here, and i guess as my usage is kinda movies and music both i should go for yamaha RxV377 as i heard really good reviews about this model.

Well in that case you did not have a choice. Anyway do post us once you have your setup ready and kicking!! Please post user reviews it helps a lot of users!! And with pics too:D

Well in that case you did not have a choice. Anyway do post us once you have your setup ready and kicking!! Please post user reviews it helps a lot of users!! And with pics too:D

I think you are confusing me with rikhi22s comment. I haven't made a purchase yet, i am confused between Denon X500 and Yamaha RX V377 still and denon is not on audition here.

I think you are confusing me with rikhi22s comment. I haven't made a purchase yet, i am confused between Denon X500 and Yamaha RX V377 still and denon is not on audition here.
Oh so sorry!! I thought you made the purchase already. Confused:lol:
Anyway. Are you leaning more towards Yamaha? If you would ask me a straight head on comparison and if its a blind purchase with no audtion. I would still go for denon. I have heard Yamaha and pioneer side by side with denon on same speakers and the denon emerged as a winner for its punchy sound signature. Also I did audition jbl speakers with pioneer and found them harsh. However no opportunity of audition with denon. Generally denon is still softer and gives some real punch than Yamaha. If you still feel you are satisfied by Yamaha no issues with it either.

Oh so sorry!! I thought you made the purchase already. Confused:lol:
Anyway. Are you leaning more towards Yamaha? If you would ask me a straight head on comparison and if its a blind purchase with no audtion. I would still go for denon. I have heard Yamaha and pioneer side by side with denon on same speakers and the denon emerged as a winner for its punchy sound signature. Also I did audition jbl speakers with pioneer and found them harsh. However no opportunity of audition with denon. Generally denon is still softer and gives some real punch than Yamaha. If you still feel you are satisfied by Yamaha no issues with it either.

Well and Denon X500 is cheaper too when compared with Rxv377 and if according to you denon is more punchy then i guess denon is the one to go for i guess, hmmm.

Denon Just sounds a little warmer compared to yamaha and gives a fatigue free listen. Thats what ive experienced having heard both

Hmmm warm means like not harsh trebles as pioneer avr do? But does that mean i would be missing high frequency when compared to yamaha? Or i am totally wrong cuz i have no idea about warm/bright/neutral thing and moreover don't know if JBL cinema 300 comes in bright or warm speakers either. :/

Having heard the jbl cinema 610 I feel jbl speakers are more on the bright side. When I say warm....that means its calm. You will not feel any loss of sound. You will be able to hear the avr for much longer durations. As far as pioneer goes they are harsh and my ears pained withing 5mins of audition with jbl. When I play my Polk+denon package I can listen it for hours together without ear fatigue and hence I feel even with jbl it should be ideal.

Having heard the jbl cinema 610 I feel jbl speakers are more on the bright side. When I say warm....that means its calm. You will not feel any loss of sound. You will be able to hear the avr for much longer durations. As far as pioneer goes they are harsh and my ears pained withing 5mins of audition with jbl. When I play my Polk+denon package I can listen it for hours together without ear fatigue and hence I feel even with jbl it should be ideal.

Hmmm now i am getting it, and do you have any idea about the performance of cinema 300? Is the bass satisfying? Or i should increase my budget and try cinema 610 if they are alot better then cinema 300?

P.S. Might be getting Yamaha Rxv475 AVR for around 33-34K with this as RXV377 is not available.

Hi Friends,
I am new for this forum , but I regularly read your knowledge for audio-video.
Pls give me a perfect advice for my requirements.
I want best av receiver for home audio.
I have Sony bluray player and just I purchase Boston acoustics A26 bookshelf speaker.
Just I search matching av receiver for the same.
My first choice audio then video. And audio for stereo bookshelf speaker .
Want 5.1 cos its setout in future.
I see some review..
1. Yamaha HTR 2067
2. Demon AVR X 500
3. Pioneer vsx 524

All are in my budget.
Pls advice me better av receiver.
Thanks all in advance

Harry

For boston acoustics it is good to go with Denon ,also both are form same parent company D&M Holdings ,it should gel with each other..

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back