YAMAHA AX 530 - A good buy in 2023 ?

Even 13k would be too much. I can see someone got for $10 (on another forum) though it was not clean.

Even AX 596 that is perhaps built in 2000's goes for like $100 on Ebay. Ebay is a good source to benchmark at least.

My AX 496 I could sell for at current exchange rates 9k only. That 25k I said for AX 596 is also at present rate.
25k for 596 is a high price for “made in Malaysia” Yamaha. Ax530 is a japanese Yamaha if that matters.

25k for 596 is a high price for “made in Malaysia” Yamaha. Ax530 is a japanese Yamaha if that matters.
25k is at the current exchange rate. Then it must have been like half.

Still getting such a old model at this price?? Factories at Malaysia or any other country only assemble them. Even the components in Japanese or US or UK made stuff maybe from Taiwan or somewhere.

We opened up a substation controller with a proud badge "Made in Switzerland" only to find the mother board is clearly etched Made in Malaysia.

25k is at the current exchange rate. Then it must have been like half.

Still getting such a old model at this price?? Factories at Malaysia or any other country only assemble them. Even the components in Japanese or US or UK made stuff maybe from Taiwan or somewhere.

We opened up a substation controller with a proud badge "Made in Switzerland" only to find the mother board is clearly etched Made in Malaysia.
I don’t know about the newer amps, but the older 90s Yamahas, denons, Luxmans all had mostly Japanese made parts. I still use a denon amp from 1990 to test my diy stuff and they survived all the abuse.

Yes I agree with you that some of the stuff with sticker made in somewhere in EU is pointless. My T+A power amp has all caps made by some random Taiwanese firm. Same was the story with my previous gold note and atoll, myriad and many other integrated amps. But the entry level amp from denon which I still have from 90s have real Elna and nippon parts made in Japan. I trust gear from this era than anything after them.

You bet. Will keep the line level inputs in mind whenever i lookout for a sub in future.Cheers.
Actually there is a catch. Tape out is just an extension of tape in. Means they are directly connected without going into the rest of the circuit. It’s used for connecting a second tape deck for recording. If you connect a subwoofer to tape out, it will just pass the signal from tape in without changing anything meaning the volume control will have no effect in what is going to the sub.

Actually there is a catch. Tape out is just an extension of tape in. Means they are directly connected without going into the rest of the circuit. It’s used for connecting a second tape deck for recording. If you connect a subwoofer to tape out, it will just pass the signal from tape in without changing anything meaning the volume control will have no effect in what is going to the sub.
Thanks for pointing it out .Was all the while thinking those preouts could be used to add a sub. Also won't be using tapes & hence it's of no use.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back