Yamaha cd-s700

prepress

Dear Friends,

A Yamaha dealer is offering me Yamaha CD-S700 for 10500/- (it is ACD, MP3 player, also supports USB). Its actual cost is 19900/-.

Please suggest if it is worth at this price and about the performance, sound quality, durability etc.

Thanks,

Yes he is, Also heard in this forum that in Mumbai many Yamaha dealer are offering almost 50% off on products like A-S1000 or A-S2000.

Yes he is, Also heard in this forum that in Mumbai many Yamaha dealer are offering almost 50% off on products like A-S1000 or A-S2000.

Actually what I am told is that the dealers were selling the CD and Amp as a combo as the CD units were not selling on their own.

At 10,000 the S700 is a good buy. There is precious little available in this price range. The NAD 515, Marantz 5004 and Onkyo 7030 cost more.

There is an 125yr anniversary sale of Yamaha going on. The reduction in price might be because of that. Check out with the dealer. AFAIK A-s1000 and A-s2000 were part of sales. There is a whole lot of other equipment also on sale. One might say it a clearance sale rather than promotional one.

There is an 125yr anniversary sale of Yamaha going on. The reduction in price might be because of that. Check out with the dealer. AFAIK A-s1000 and A-s2000 were part of sales. There is a whole lot of other equipment also on sale. One might say it a clearance sale rather than promotional one.

I will visit them tomorrow and let you know the update.

In mumbai the amp + CD player are for sale @ about 50% off only in the combo deal!!! :(( was trying to get an AS 2000 :/

Is the AS 2000 available in mumbai with the CD S 2000 ? Can you let me know the details ? Thanks.

Yes it is available in Mumbai. you planning to take both ??? Its available @ 'The Den' Contact No: 9221574126 - Prashanth Gaikwad

Do let me know if you are interested only in CD 2000 ? :p

The CD 2000 and AS 2000 were often sold as a set for 1.5L. I believe that for 75k the amp was better value than the CD so I picked up 2 amps for 1.5L. At 75k there are other CD players that can compete with the CD 2000 but there are few Integrated amps with a decent phono stage available for 75K.

The CD 2000 and AS 2000 were often sold as a set for 1.5L. I believe that for 75k the amp was better value than the CD so I picked up 2 amps for 1.5L. At 75k there are other CD players that can compete with the CD 2000 but there are few Integrated amps with a decent phono stage available for 75K.

Whaaaaaaa!!!!!! U got 2 Amps.. from where ?? I wanted 1.. but that guy that I referred to in my earlier post was only giving in a combo pack which was not up my alley as I don't have much of CDs and about 90% of my listening is Via FLacs any chance you can help me out here..

@prepress, were you able to visit the dealer and get details? I've been mulling over getting a not-so-costly CD Transport for use with my Rega DAC and at this price, the CD-S700 seems to fit the bill! I'd be grateful if you could update.

Checked with a dealers in Bangalore, no such offer here.

Anyone knows such a deal in Bangalore / Gurgaon ? Would like to try cd s700

Whaaaaaaa!!!!!! U got 2 Amps.. from where ?? I .

It is a long story. You see a friend of mine sent me an email about these Yamahas. I don't check email too often so after 2 weeks or so he called me wondering why I was passing up on these amps and CD players.

I told him I do not check my mail as often as he does and after a little deliberation told him can I get a pair of amps instead of an amp-cd set. One thing led to another and I got a pair of amps.

Tragically a few months after all of this happened my friend passed away. I will miss him. In fact barely 2 days before he passed away I had sent him a Shure cartridge I was no longer using for his turn table.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back