Yamaha CX-A 51000 not turning on

abhijeet309

Hello guys,
I am looking for some help from the experts as I am in trouble with my Yamaha Processer. I recently bought this used and from last night it's not turning on. It suddenly turned off when I was browsing my TV menu and then whenever I am trying to turn it on the red light which indicates the main zone blinks. I searched the reason online and found out that it's protection circuitry and also tried the suggested options like pressing and holding the info button and then pressing the power button. It worked for me once but then again the processor got turned off after few seconds. Then I disconnected everything except the power cord thinking that I would have made some wrong connections and tried turning it on the same way but it didn't work out. I tried few other ways to turn it on like pressing info and tone control button and then press the power button and few other thing which I found on the web. The CX-A5100's manual also describes this as protection circuitry but suggest you to take it to the Yamaha Service Centre. I am in the US and they are going to charge a lot, I know it will be my last option. This is why I am here seeking help from the experts of this forum.

I also know that in some of the Yamaha's old receivers one can find out the reason for protection circuitry by pressing few buttons but I don't know whether this works for the processors and if it does how to do it?

Thank you for your suggestions in advance....

In your part of the world, you should have the option to return the unit if this problem occurred soon after you bought it. Do you have buyer protection of some kind?

The protection circuitry triggers for multiple reasons. The sequences of the red lamps blinking should tell you what that is.

This is a expensive component so aside from saying the usual, go get it repaired, I'd say return it if you can. Why break your head over this.
You should ask the previous owner if they faced any issues like this and what was done to resolve it.

In your part of the world, you should have the option to return the unit if this problem occurred soon after you bought it. Do you have buyer protection of some kind?

The protection circuitry triggers for multiple reasons. The sequences of the red lamps blinking should tell you what that is.

This is a expensive component so aside from saying the usual, go get it repaired, I'd say return it if you can. Why break your head over this.
You should ask the previous owner if they faced any issues like this and what was done to resolve it.
There is no warranty left on the processor and so I am going to return it to the seller. He agreed to refund my money back.
Thank you for your help...

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back