Yamaha HTiB

The YHT 195 also does only an HDMI pass-thru.......if the Yamaha sounded better to you, then by all means pick it up....both are competent systems, with their own limitations. If your requirements are 70% music why are you going for an HTIB.....HTIBs are terrible for music...however much you try and convince yourself otherwise....

Get a pair of Audioengine A5 powered speakers (19k), and a CA DVD89 (sub 10k..must be available for 8.5-9k), and you will have a very nice, cheap solution for music that sounds brilliant for the money, which will also do a good job with movies. You won't have 5.1, but personally i prefer quality 2.0 sound to rubbish 5.1 sound.

Seriously consider this option. The total outlay is 27 - 28k, and you'll have a great sounding system that can probably rival some more expensive setups.

Hi All,

I finally auditioned the Onkyo 3105/5105 and even the 5100. My final shortlist is 3105/5105 or Yamaha YHT 195. Now, if I understand correctly and also from reading all the posts here 5105 is just an HDMI pass through while YHT 195 has HDMI handling capabilities. Somehow the Yamaha sounded better to me. However I am still confused.

Could you guys give your views on which one out of the three - Onkyo 3105/5105 or Yamaha YHT 195 should I buy? my requirements - 70% music 30% movies; room - 16x13.

your expert views are well appreciated as always

cheers!!

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back