Yamaha HTR3072 HDMI Query

msankadi

Hi

Q1 . I want to play on my ps4 pro while playing music from my pc on tidal. Both are connected via hdmi to my avr. Is it possible?
Unfortunately my pc doesnt have optical out so I cannot use the Optical out. The AVR shows option of choosing another audio in but it gives only AV and Optical as options

Q2. If I use the 3.5mm output on my Intel NUC and use a 3.5mm to RCA cable to connect to the AVR, would this use the DAC within the PC or my AVRs Dac? Would this limit the throughput coming from Tidal?

Q3. My AVR has usb inputs for AVR (it says so on manual) , would it work if I just connect a USB from my pc to the usb input on my avr? Will that transmit audio? Would that work along with the ps4 hdmi?

Last edited:
Hi

Q1 . I want to play on my ps4 pro while playing music from my pc on tidal. Both are connected via hdmi to my avr. Is it possible?
Unfortunately my pc doesnt have optical out so I cannot use the Optical out. The AVR shows option of choosing another audio in but it gives only AV and Optical as options
Please check the manual as I am aware a 7.1 AVR has capability to play 2 sources at the same time (Zone 2).

Q2. If I use the 3.5mm output on my Intel NUC and use a 3.5mm to RCA cable to connect to the AVR, would this use the DAC within the PC or my AVRs Dac? Would this limit the throughput coming from Tidal?
I think the 3.5mm output from NUC is the headphone one and it will use the DAC with PC (if applicable). the RCA inputs of the AVR will go through the Sound Quality section of the AVR and thats how you can change the modes to suit your interest for that input source.

Q3. My AVR has usb inputs for AVR (it says so on manual) , would it work if I just connect a USB from my pc to the usb input on my avr? Will that transmit audio? Would that work along with the ps4 hdmi?
USB inputs as mentioned in Owners manual is to play MP3s....this too is limited...refer to the manual to double check what all it can support.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back