Yamaha ,marantz , denon , emotiva , onkyo?

SaurabhK

Which of these avr brands would one buy ? Im soeaking from sound quality perspective . Would be using streaming services ( built in tv) mostly . This would be for movies only .
Im not much bothered with video processing as all my apps are inbuilt within the tv so no video processing required .

For your need I guess any of them would do. TV hooked to any of them via arc should be enough.

Pick your receiver based on other features provided by each, inputs, channels, auto setup version, pre outs available, single or dual sub out, service support, ease of usage, remote layout, etc being just a few things to get started.

MaSh

Which of these avr brands would one buy ? Im soeaking from sound quality perspective . Would be using streaming services ( built in tv) mostly . This would be for movies only .
Im not much bothered with video processing as all my apps are inbuilt within the tv so no video processing required .

Any of these brands would do, inlcuding Pioneer.

Share your budget for the AVR, that will help you narrow down models from one of the above brands..

50 to 75?

For a maximum budget of 75K, you may just be able to squeeze Pioneer LX 303, a 9.2 AVR.. It is capable of 5.2.4 (or) 7.2.2 Atmos layout set-up..

If you wish to spend lesser, you can settle for 7.2 AVR from any of these brands which can do 5.1.2 Atmos set-up..

Iam using a 20 yr old yamaha as my amp ...i will always go with yamaha for its reliability. I even sent a mail to their support for a tech issue and they responded !!!!!

How does the yamaha aventage 880 or the 685 fare?
The 880 Aventage will cost you around 80 to 90 K . Aventage AVRs are built like a tank.
There was a Marantz 6013 on the sale thread , you can check it out.
Better to audition and decide, what speakers do you have or planning to purchase ?

Iam using a 20 yr old yamaha as my amp ...i will always go with yamaha for its reliability. I even sent a mail to their support for a tech issue and they responded !!!!!
Wow I sent an email to them on 2013 and yet to get any response even after I sent multiple remainders

The 880 Aventage will cost you around 80 to 90 K . Aventage AVRs are built like a tank.
There was a Marantz 6013 on the sale thread , you can check it out.
Better to audition and decide, what speakers do you have or planning to purchase ?
I haveno clue wat to get. There are hundreds of brands at different price points. I guess dialogue clarity would be my highest priority. So a good center channel . Klipsch , b&w , wharfedale??

I haveno clue wat to get. There are hundreds of brands at different price points.

You haven't mentioned your budget for speakers.. Book Shelf speakers are better choice for movies..

I guess dialogue clarity would be my highest priority. So a good center channel . Klipsch , b&w , wharfedale??

Get a 3-way center channel speaker like in the image shown below from any of the brands that you choose..

61bB33AeB6L._SX425_.jpg

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back