Yamaha NS-SW200 Subwoofer - Bass is muddy at heavy bass.

bala9216

I have a basic Yamaha AV receiver HTR-2064. This receiver has passive subwoofer. So I recently bought a Yamaha NS-SW200, powered subwoofer.
I have a 5.1 setup and I watch Blu-ray contents. The problem is : When there is heavy bass, it is muddy. Normal bass is very good. But when there is heavy bass, it outputs a strange sound(like muffled bass).
I have recorded and attached an audio in zip file(738 kb) by playing 'Ralph breaks the internet trailer', where you can hear the strange bass.(Particularly at 0:05 , 0:15 and 0:38 sec)
Also please note:
  • I have high quality sub woofer cable.
  • Crossover is adjusted.
  • subwoofer phase is checked both Norm and Rev.
Please help to resolve the issue.

Attachments

• muddy bass.zip
    738.2 KB · Views: 16
I have a basic Yamaha AV receiver HTR-2064. This receiver has passive subwoofer. So I recently bought a Yamaha NS-SW200, powered subwoofer.
I have a 5.1 setup and I watch Blu-ray contents. The problem is : When there is heavy bass, it is muddy. Normal bass is very good. But when there is heavy bass, it outputs a strange sound(like muffled bass).
I have recorded and attached an audio in zip file(738 kb) by playing 'Ralph breaks the internet trailer', where you can hear the strange bass.(Particularly at 0:05 , 0:15 and 0:38 sec)
Also please note:
  • I have high quality sub woofer cable.
  • Crossover is adjusted.
  • subwoofer phase is checked both Norm and Rev.
Please help to resolve the issue.
There are 3 reasons for muffled bass. First you need to check placement and time alignment for phase issues. Second the limitation of the sub to handle low frequency. 3rd it can be the content. Ns 200 won’t be able to handle deep lows and at those seems it may produce muffled and muddy bass

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back