yamaha receiver wid warf's speakers!!

firstly,is ur usage primarily music/movies?the yamaha is supposed to be a very good avr and musical to boot.many people in the forum use/prefer it over others.the wharf 9.5 are great speakers no doubt.have u auditioned the same pairing?for ht usage it will make sense to go for the complete wharf 9 package based around the 9.5 in future.imo a good package both for movies/music.cheers

pls guide for this combination! Rx663 with diamond 9.5!

I am a little curious about your question. When you say guide, I am not able to understand what is that you want? You want us to say 'yes' to the combination?

Both the Yamaha 663 and the Wharfedale 9.5 are good products. But whether you will like it or not depends upon your ears and liking. Logically you should audition the two with your own music and DVDs. If you like the sound, go ahead and pick them up.

Cheers

well..my genre will be both music and movies!
i have already auditioned them once.. but the prob. is tht i havent.. audition 663 wid other speakers.. as all places have different acoustic levels.. and dont all avrs in all places to get demo..!
i will try to get more demos 2mr as in mumbai.. for a day.. lets see..!

firstly,is ur usage primarily music/movies?the yamaha is supposed to be a very good avr and musical to boot.many people in the forum use/prefer it over others.the wharf 9.5 are great speakers no doubt.have u auditioned the same pairing?for ht usage it will make sense to go for the complete wharf 9 package based around the 9.5 in future.imo a good package both for movies/music.cheers

LOL no not exactly i want u to say yes!
but to be honest i have checked them once as a combination.. they were ok!
sad part is in my city i dont get such demos.. i go to mumbai try to get as many demos i can.. but diff.. places diff avrs and diff. stories.. which make amatures like me.. more confuse..
I did some home work on these and i thought this combination is a a safe bet so posted it out..!
but please msg me better combinations if any..
my room size is 25 feets in B*30 feets in L*11 feets in h (approx)
I had a demo in a gr8 accaoustic level.. wid 9.5 fronts.. RX663 ... (woofer)sw150.... center(diamond9.cs)...rear(diamond 9.dfs)
all as a package sounded fine.. but have a doubt that they will sound the same at my plce.. its huge compared to demo room!
I am a little curious about your question. When you say guide, I am not able to understand what is that you want? You want us to say 'yes' to the combination?

Both the Yamaha 663 and the Wharfedale 9.5 are good products. But whether you will like it or not depends upon your ears and liking. Logically you should audition the two with your own music and DVDs. If you like the sound, go ahead and pick them up.

Cheers

.. but have a doubt that they will sound the same at my plce.. its huge compared to demo room!

It will never sound like the demo room in your own house. Will be better or worse. But the combo can be made to sound good with suitable setup. However all these depends on your environment, sources, placement, personal tastes etc. So in essence no easy answer.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back