YAMAHA RX-V581 with ELAC Debut Bookshelf Speakers as HT Setup

sriram_shol

Dear FM,

I am going for YAMAHA RX-V581 AV Receiver and ELAC Debut series bookshelf speakers (B6 (F) / B5 (S) / C5 (C) for the 5.0 setup in the coming week. I am not going for the floor standing speakers because I don't have that much space at my listening area. Also budget matters!

Has any one have the similar setup? With the positive reviews on the speakers, I am sure it would sound really well; but I am curious to know from the owner's perspective since neither of them I auditioned yet.

With the reviews that I have gone through, I am narrowing myself down the ELAC. Also in my home town (Coimbatore), I have service support for YAMAHA receivers hence settling down with YAMAHA (hence ignoring DENON, ONKYO, Marantz & Pioneer for which I have to travel to Bangalore / Chennai in case of any service).

Subwoofer and ATMOS speakers are something that I will add into my package step by step.

Please share your experience, preferably with pictures if possible.:)

Thanks,
Sriram

Last edited:
I planned to buy in Bangalore (receiver) but seems except PROFX, its not available else where. I guess due to GST, most of the pieces are sold out early. I am thinking of PROFX as of now.

I will check and let you know. The model is sold at the MRP only which is Rs 55,000/- in PROFX

Did you check Amazon - 47,900/- all inclusive YAMAHA RX-V581 Response to warranty from seller:
It is imported
Yamaha imports its products and route thru dealers to consumers with local service centres appointed by Yamaha hence warrenty for the product is there
Thanx GBU

Pro Audio Video - Mumbai - 46,741/- Yamaha RX-V581 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver. You need to confirm on warranty and other support before purchase.

You could use these to negotiate a better deal from Pro FX

MaSh

I spoke to Profx guys today, they are giving 10% discount. Meanwhile I am talking to other vendors in CBE. Due to GST, most of the dealers are liquidifying their existing goods hence scarcity in the products and high demand..

I bought my ELAC Debut Series speakers this Saturday in Modern World, Domlur, Bangalore.:yahoo: From Coimbatore, I drove my car in the early morning and reached Bangalore in the noon.

I auditioned the speakers with ONKYO NR656 receiver. The DOLBY ATMOS demo disc is what they played with almost all the demo tracks. It is really great and sweet sounding speakers; even without the subwoofer, the output was damn immersive.:thumbsup:

Fronts are B6, Center is C5 and the rears are B5s. I am waiting for the receiver YAMAHA RX-V581 from the distributor, hopefully, I should get before the end of this week as its coming from YAMAHA, Mumbai. I will update you once I setup and play with some tracks. :cool:

I would need your input on the subwoofer as I am kind of confused with the brands and models. My budget is 30K max.

Last edited:
Hi

ProFx always ropes in a 10% discount on the products they sell...

For subwoofer, you need to look at what is the lowest frequency the Front speakers are outputting....accordingly get a subwoofer which can go more lower than that.....

First do the setup and play different music and movies and see if you really need a subwoofer....

You could look at Boston Acoustics or Taga range of subwoofers....if open to pre owned, you may get something good for cheap....see For Sale by Owner section or Hifi Ads or OLX......

Thank you.

That's the idea I am thinking about. My initial thought is to setup the 5.0 connected to my YAMAHA receiver and break it in for some time until it sounds sweet. The lowest frequency the B6 can handle is 40Hz (theoretically). During my audition, they connected ELAC S10EQ subwoofer. The bass was deep and punchy.

Meanwhile, share your opinion about Polk DSW 550wi? It is huge, immersive and packed with good features for any room specification. Albeit its out of my budget, need your opinion.

Congrats on your Elacs, am sure they will blend well with the RX-V581.
Reg the sub, for the budget you mentioned, I think you can look at Polk DSW 550 (slightly higher than your budget) or also Taga Harmony subs.

I bought my ELAC Debut Series speakers this Saturday in Modern World, Domlur, Bangalore.:yahoo: From Coimbatore, I drove my car in the early morning and reached Bangalore in the noon.

I auditioned the speakers with ONKYO NR656 receiver. The DOLBY ATMOS demo disc is what they played with almost all the demo tracks. It is really great and sweet sounding speakers; even without the subwoofer, the output was damn immersive.:thumbsup:

Fronts are B6, Center is C5 and the rears are B5s. I am waiting for the receiver YAMAHA RX-V581 from the distributor, hopefully, I should get before the end of this week as its coming from YAMAHA, Mumbai. I will update you once I setup and play with some tracks. :cool:

I would need your input on the subwoofer as I am kind of confused with the brands and models. My budget is 30K max.

What is the price breakup?

Recently one of the FM has purchased Emotiva sub for 33k from HT Store and happy with performance. Just check it and buy before 01 July to avoid price hike

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

What is the price breakup?

B5 - Rs 19,300/-
B6 - Rs 25,400/-
C5 - Rs 18,300-/
--------------------
Total Rs 63,000/-

Seems Modern World procures the new stock of all their branded products from July onwards. I got a good discount as I bought them as a package. They are liquidifying all their current stocks at a discounted price.

Last edited:
B5 - Rs 19,300/-
B6 - Rs 25,400/-
C5 - Rs 18,300-/
--------------------
Total Rs 63,000/-

Seems Modern World procures the new stock of all their branded products from July onwards. I got a good discount as I bought them as a package. They are liquidifying all their current stocks at a discounted price.

Thanks for the info.

Can some one tell me which speaker wire I can use for the speakers? I am using my existing SONY copper wires which are relatively thin (I presume it should be 16 / 18 AWG).

For better sound, what should be the ideal AWG that will suit for the Debut series speakers? Also suggest me the brand which is cost effective and oxygen free pure copper cables.

Can some one tell me which speaker wire I can use for the speakers? I am using my existing SONY copper wires which are relatively thin (I presume it should be 16 / 18 AWG).

For better sound, what should be the ideal AWG that will suit for the Debut series speakers? Also suggest me the brand which is cost effective and oxygen free pure copper cables.
12-14 gauge is good enough for most home setups. You can check out local dealers or if nothing else, give Amazon basics cable a shot. They are not bad at all, just that they don't carry a brand.

AmazonBasics 14-Gauge Speaker wire ...B01D5H8XOY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_U0uwzb71XS8DQ

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

12-14 gauge is good enough for most home setups. You can check out local dealers or if nothing else, give Amazon basics cable a shot. They are not bad at all, just that they don't carry a brand.

AmazonBasics 14-Gauge Speaker wire ...B01D5H8XOY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_U0uwzb71XS8DQ

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Amazon Basics cable are not pure Copper Cables rather they are CCA cables. They are prone to distortion and can brittle by course of time :sad:

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back