Yamaha RX V583

srinharish

Hi
I have been using yamaha rx-v583. while playing movies with Atmos it is showing Dolby Atmos / Dolby True HD instead of Dolby Atmos is that fine?

In yamaha site they have posted images as enclosed for RX-V583 but i not getting it. may be basic question but for my understanding

Regards
Harish

Attachments

• RXV583.jpg
    RXV583.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 12
Depending on the AVR model and brand....it will decode as it is designed for...provided the actual content is original DD or Atmos or DTS etc....try other sources and see what comes on display....I am sure the Owners manual will have detailed information around decoding and sources.....

You can also check for more opinions around this by posting the query in the Yamaha Owners thread on this site

Depending on the AVR model and brand....it will decode as it is designed for...provided the actual content is original DD or Atmos or DTS etc....try other sources and see what comes on display....I am sure the Owners manual will have detailed information around decoding and sources.....

You can also check for more opinions around this by posting the query in the Yamaha Owners thread on this site

Thanks for your reply. When i play movies with Atmos track decoder information is showing (DD Atmos / DDTHD) even i tried some atmos demo disc also. i don't know this model Yamaha programmed this way for decoder information.

I am using Himedia Q5 Pro for information

Regards

how you are playing the atmos movies? firestick 4k?pc? nvidia shield? How you are confirmed that audio file have atmos and the player you are using is passing atmos to avr?

Hi
I have been using yamaha rx-v583. while playing movies with Atmos it is showing Dolby Atmos / Dolby True HD instead of Dolby Atmos is that fine?

In yamaha site they have posted images as enclosed for RX-V583 but i not getting it. may be basic question but for my understanding

Regards
Harish
Hai buddy i faced the same issue and went to extend to downgrade firmware and upgraded again..its a simple mistake we forgot to note
Keep ur av receiver setting option-Dsp/Surround -Sur Decode
Iam getting Dolby Atmos both in truehd / DD+

Attachments

• F52EBDA0-94C5-4683-A49D-8CD2E5C51E92.jpeg
    F52EBDA0-94C5-4683-A49D-8CD2E5C51E92.jpeg
    914.3 KB · Views: 13
Have you Changed to Sur Decode Mode
Change Amplifier to Presence and enable the presence channel from None to over head/Dolby enabled SP

Last edited:
Hi Sorry
just understood ur problem.FYI
dolby atmos is a sub stream format which will work as a added stream over dolby true HD/DD+
spatially-coded substream is added to Dolby TrueHD or Dolby Digital Plus existing stream
so technically is correct what Yamaha AVR is showing
Terr is nothing wrong its just way it displayed in the AVR
so to reconfirm u can see while a atoms video is playing in options -signal info (in channel everything will be zero or -) since atmos is object based
:)

so to reconfirm u can see while a atoms video is playing in options -signal info (in channel everything will be zero or -) since atmos is object based
:)
I will check that

I saw your image my decoder information is also exactly same as yours.

since yamaha promotion image(enclosed in my i post) is different from what we are getting, that why i posted this thread.

Regards

Last edited:
dolby is replaced by DD(logo) may be yamaha changed that in a firmware update
and since display will be scrolled from left to right (like when u play from USB shows track info) exact image before the firmware update might showed up like that ..earlier LG tv displayed DOLBY vision now just the DD logo and vision so i think it clearly explains that
Dolby wants to promotes its DD logo everywhere

Hi

Regards
Harish
That's fine, ATMOS metadata is sent via Dolby True HD in the case of BlueRay and DD+ for Streaming services. So based on how you are consuming the media, I believe it will display either Dolby Atmos / Dolby True HD or Dolby Atmos / DD+.

That's fine, ATMOS metadata is sent via Dolby True HD in the case of BlueRay and DD+ for Streaming services. So based on how you are consuming the media, I believe it will display either Dolby Atmos / Dolby True HD or Dolby Atmos / DD+.
Thank you. Since other receivers are showing dolby atmos.
That creates curiosity to know about this receiver.
Regards

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back