Yamaha RX-V663 Speakers

nikhil_j

Hi guys,
Bought the 663 in singapore for 866 SGD, which works out at about 27500 inr.
Please do comment on the price guys and speaker options available in india, thank you...

Congrats Nikhil. I have heard a 663 a few times and it sound very nice.

What is your budget and do you have some constraints on speaker sizes etc? The 663 can handle both Floor standers and bookshelves quite well.

Just use good speaker cables and interconnects. And the 663 will give you good service.

Cheers

Congrats Nikhil. I have heard a 663 a few times and it sound very nice.

What is your budget and do you have some constraints on speaker sizes etc? The 663 can handle both Floor standers and bookshelves quite well.

Just use good speaker cables and interconnects. And the 663 will give you good service.

Cheers
thanks venkat, my budget for the speakers is around 40k, and i am open to both the options, towers and bookshelves.
just checked out the ENERGY TAKE CLASSIC today, they look good, on the specs at least, yet to audition them and also the JAMO 40 series 5.1 package consisting of s402, s406, s40 cen and a bundled sub woofer. Any idea about these?..
And is the price i paid for the 663 reasonable?..

Last edited:
and hey venkat, just remembered, you were the one who guided me against going for HTIBs, remember? i had started a thread about onkyo htibs...
and ya, my usage is about 70:30 music:movies... gracias...

thanks venkat, my budget for the speakers is around 40k, and i am open to both the options, towers and bookshelves.
just checked out the ENERGY TAKE CLASSIC today, they look good, on the specs at least, yet to audition them and also the JAMO 40 series 5.1 package consisting of s402, s406, s40 cen and a bundled sub woofer. Any idea about these?..
And is the price i paid for the 663 reasonable?..

Hi, for your budget I can tell Q acoustic pack & wharf 9.1,9 HCP.
you can even try Jamo.

just checked out the ENERGY TAKE CLASSIC today, they look good, on the specs at least, yet to audition them and also the JAMO 40 series 5.1 package consisting of s402, s406, s40 cen and a bundled sub woofer. Any idea about these?.. And is the price i paid for the 663 reasonable?..

At 27.5, the 663 is a steal. It is an excellent AVR, I just installed one for a friend, and I was very impressed with it's performance.

In terms of speakers, you must listen to a few speakers, then come back for shortlisting. Each speaker brand has a unique sound signature.Some are warm, some are transparent, and so on. Some of the speakers you could look at are:

1. PSB Alpha B1. The Alphas are classic bookshelves that sound extremely good for their size. They have been praised by many magazines including the Stereophile. I have heard the Alpha's along with the Yamaha 663, and I was very happy with their sound. Read a recent review at PSB Alpha B1 Loudspeaker | AV Guide. The Alphas are available at around 15,000 a pair.
2. Wharfedale 9.2. Slightly large speakers, the 9.2 again are award winners, and very popular amongst the members of this forum.
3. Mission m33i
4. Monitor Audio Bronze BR2
5. Mordaunt Short 902i
6. Mordaunt Short Mezzo 2
7. Quad 11L2
8. Tannoy Mercury F1 Custom
9. Q_Acoustics 1010i.

I don't like the Jamos too much. But this is a purely personal opinion. As a friend says, sometimes I am too blind, ear wise !!

Listen to as many as you can, and then we can put together a good speaker set for you. BTW, the Energy are also very good speakers.

If others can add some more speakers, it will be good.

Cheers

B&W 685

Epos 12./M12i

Kef IQ5 (I donot like it personally)

Venkat would like to know your views on the Epos if you have heard it. Read a lot about it never got to audition one.

Venkat would like to know your views on the Epos if you have heard it. Read a lot about it never got to audition one.

I have heard the Epos a couple of times, and they sound really nice. I have not done a full audition, but they are fine sounding speakers. They go well for stereo music.

Cheers

Thanks for the extensive set of options venkat, will definitely audition some and post some views on them.
And yes have heard energy take classic are a good set, they cost just 35k for the 5.1 package, ll audition them first in a week and ll let u know.
have any idea wher i can audition the alphas in bangalore?..
At 27.5, the 663 is a steal. It is an excellent AVR, I just installed one for a friend, and I was very impressed with it's performance.

In terms of speakers, you must listen to a few speakers, then come back for shortlisting. Each speaker brand has a unique sound signature.Some are warm, some are transparent, and so on. Some of the speakers you could look at are:

1. PSB Alpha B1. The Alphas are classic bookshelves that sound extremely good for their size. They have been praised by many magazines including the Stereophile. I have heard the Alpha's along with the Yamaha 663, and I was very happy with their sound. Read a recent review at PSB Alpha B1 Loudspeaker | AV Guide. The Alphas are available at around 15,000 a pair.
2. Wharfedale 9.2. Slightly large speakers, the 9.2 again are award winners, and very popular amongst the members of this forum.
3. Mission m33i
4. Monitor Audio Bronze BR2
5. Mordaunt Short 902i
6. Mordaunt Short Mezzo 2
7. Quad 11L2
8. Tannoy Mercury F1 Custom
9. Q_Acoustics 1010i.

I don't like the Jamos too much. But this is a purely personal opinion. As a friend says, sometimes I am too blind, ear wise !!

Listen to as many as you can, and then we can put together a good speaker set for you. BTW, the Energy are also very good speakers.

If others can add some more speakers, it will be good.

Cheers

hi Nikhil, please tell me how could you save custom duty.
From where did you buy in Singapore.
One of my friend is in Singapore what should i tell him to bring.
thanks

hi Nikhil, please tell me how could you save custom duty.
From where did you buy in Singapore.
One of my friend is in Singapore what should i tell him to bring. thanks

Well customs at chennai airport was not a problem, just tell them its an amplifier "if they ask". To be safe, ask the shop guy a second bill or quotation, stating the price less than 800 SGD.
The weight could be a little bit of a bother, it weighs almost 15 kgs with the packaging.
Got it from FUNAN Digital life mall, its near Clarke Quay, its pretty famous.
There's a big basement store there, which sells at resonable prices.

Cheers

Hi venkat, auditioned the energy take classics today and liked them, but they cant go too loud, or atleast that was wat i felt in an acoustically treated demo room... The surrounds were pretty good, and the set sounded especially good with music... they dint have the thump, but these are small ones, so cant ask for much anyway... Thinking of buying them for now and later adding a pair of towers to make it a 7.1 system, anyway it ll take sometime in india to get full hd audio right... wat do you say...

Thanks for the extensive set of options venkat, will definitely audition some and post some views on them.
And yes have heard energy take classic are a good set, they cost just 35k for the 5.1 package, ll audition them first in a week and ll let u know.
have any idea wher i can audition the alphas in bangalore?..

Dealor for-anthoney gallo speakers, hitachi projectors, hitachi plasmas, soney video conferencing systems, psb speakers

Company Name: A. R. N. Systems

Contact Person: Mr. Manju Nair (Manager)

Telephone: +(91)-(80)-41459999

Mobile: +(91)-9741333661

Address: No1/1, Promenade Road, Fraser Town
Bangalore, Karnataka - 560 005 (INDIA)

Hi venkat, auditioned the energy take classics today and liked them, but they cant go too loud, or atleast that was wat i felt in an acoustically treated demo room... The surrounds were pretty good, and the set sounded especially good with music... they dint have the thump, but these are small ones, so cant ask for much anyway... Thinking of buying them for now and later adding a pair of towers to make it a 7.1 system, anyway it ll take sometime in india to get full hd audio right... wat do you say...

The Energy Take 5 have been a long time classic for movies. So you cannot go wrong. But before you buy them listen to another two set of speakers at least. I would recommend you listen to Q-Acoustics. Since you are in Bangalore, it should be easy. I have heard the Q-Acoustics with a 663, and they sound pretty good (and loud !!).

You will get your thump from a sub woofer only and that too in music. If you are particular, look for slightly larger speakers such as the Q-Acoustic, Wharedales, or MS.

Cheers

And i ve heard PSB's are really good too, read a review about a 5.1 package in PLAYBACK magazine, will surely look into those... spirovious has provided the contact nos. anyway...
any idea where i can find a Q Acoustics dealer in bangalore?..

And i ve heard PSB's are really good too, read a review about a 5.1 package in PLAYBACK magazine, will surely look into those... spirovious has provided the contact nos. anyway...
any idea where i can find a Q Acoustics dealer in bangalore?..

Q acoustic-

Babbler Marketing Pvt. Ltd .

# 419, 12th Cross, Sadashivanagar, Bangalore - 560 080 ,

4th Floor, Embassy Prime, Bagmane Tech Park , C V Raman Nagar,
Bangalore - 560 093

Tel: +91 - 80 41177818

Hey guys, ordered the take classic 5.1, the guys at reynolds had not set it up properly the first time around, the second time i listened to them they were perfect, the sub and satellites' are matched very well... thought of delaying the purchase a little while, but i heard the prices are going up, cause of the dollar fluctuation, is this true, and i have seen the V663 avr's price going through the roof recently, so took the decision. got it at 35.8 k at reynolds inc., bangalore.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back