Yamaha RX-V663 with Noble II F

Imrahn

I was thinking of getting a pair of Pure Acoustics Noble II F floor-standers along with the Yamaha RX-V663 receiver.

The only thing am worried about is that the floorstanders are rated @ 185 W while receiver is rated at some 95W.The future upgrade path also consists of 150W Pure Acoustics bookshelves. So, all in all, will this power mismatch pose some problem with the setup and prevent me from getting the most out of the speakers?

Should i opt for some Onkyo Receiver with 150W/channel capacity over the Yamaha?

Any reason why you are choosing the Pure Acoustic speakers?

Cheers

hi venkatcr -

i looked through their (pure acoustics) website - superb site - very professional -

based on that alone - their loudspeakers should be good!

regrads (to moktan too!)

suri

@venkatcr and suri: this is my first venture into Hifi,been using Logitech z5500 sincr the last couple of years.someone told me he had pro acoustics speakers for sale, checked their site Nd the speakers seemed aweskne ( within my non existing knowledge that is ).....

So ain't pro acoustics famous or something? ? I was actually thinking.of wharfedale 10.1 or audio engine5 , but these looked much better.
plz help.me with the best decision....
regards
imrahn

I was thinking of getting a pair of Pure Acoustics Noble II F floor-standers along with the Yamaha RX-V663 receiver.

The only thing am worried about is that the floorstanders are rated @ 185 W while receiver is rated at some 95W.The future upgrade path also consists of 150W Pure Acoustics bookshelves. So, all in all, will this power mismatch pose some problem with the setup and prevent me from getting the most out of the speakers?

Should i opt for some Onkyo Receiver with 150W/channel capacity over the Yamaha?

@venkatcr and suri: this is my first venture into Hifi,been using Logitech z5500 sincr the last couple of years.someone told me he had pro acoustics speakers for sale, checked their site Nd the speakers seemed aweskne ( within my non existing knowledge that is ).....

So ain't pro acoustics famous or something? ? I was actually thinking.of wharfedale 10.1 or audio engine5 , but these looked much better.
plz help.me with the best decision....
regards
imrahn

Don't worry there are lots of people who are not familiar with the audio offerings in the market, so you are not alone. At the same time, a large no. of the same people get some guidance from owners or other sources on which speakers and components to buy.

I think you are rushing into buying the speakers but then again its my opinion.

Finally, speaker wattage and amplifier wattage are not comparable as they are both quoted with lots of assumptions and misinformation. A better consideration are Impedence and Sensitivity (for both the higher the no. the better it is!).

Harmon Kardon rated at 80Watts blows away Oknyo 150 Watts ratted AVR so really wattage rating both from speakers and Amplifier depends upon how much the manufacturers are true or decide to play around with.

But before buying AVR decide if need Stereo Amp for purse Music or if even movies are your preference.

Suri and Imrhan - Pure Acoustics (PA) is a Chinese brand that is trying to enter the market since 2003. They strategy is price and selling though retail outlets such as Sears, Walmart, etc. They provide a complete 5.1 for less than 1000 US.

I have briefly auditioned a similar set up from a company called Yal Audio. A Taiwanese company, they make speakers that are very uncannily similar looking as the Wharfedales. Though they sound OK, my issue with the speakers was ear fatigue. I can listen to Wharfedales for 4 to 6 hours. I am not sure I can listen to something like Yal Audio for more than few hours.

Irrespective of how you are getting it, since the speaker brand is kind of new to us, an audition is essential.

Cheers

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back