Yamaha-RX-V683-vs-Denon-AVR-X2400H

To every one who is reading this thread ...I am not an audiophile ...I just need a decent AVR with 4K pass through and 4k upsclaing., which i believe these two does ...I have clearly mentioned what are my requirements above...i. just wanted people's feedback on these two models;

LOL! you are soo touchy. LOL! He was just trying to help dude. How old are you?....O never mind.
again dude read my post....i am not an audiophile....i am just pissed when people show off their knowledege...just because it is a public thread i am not using the words coming to my mouth now....even to your comment ...i don't want to say more...even you like making fun of others...do it,,,,

again dude read my post....i am not an audiophile....i am just pissed when people show off their knowledege...just because it is a public thread i am not using the words coming to my mouth now....
Though really. How old are you? Sweet sixteen?
He just gave you recommendations and wasn't harassing you. If you want some knowledge and opinions you better know how to behave.

To all the comments asking on my age please refer hifivision rules ...thank you ...Mods please close this thread as this thread has become useless...

2.As a member, your posts and comments must contribute and/or add value to the topic under discussion. Posting irrelevant content not related to the topic under discussion and/or sarcastic comments and/or snide remarks, or any other content that can lead to derailment or disruption of the smooth flow of discussion will attract moderator action and can lead to your ban.
6.No personal attacks on any member will be entertained. This includes any direct/indirect attempt at trolling.

Last edited:
Dude i am really offended by your above words....As as an FM do you think it is ok to harass other members who are not really audiophiles like you ? ...

No one is harassing anyone here....

No one has discussed rank or qualifications here...we are all here to help each other....so please dont get personal by saying "Dude".or make statements like
"My question is simple....Which is better in these two....Simple as that ? isnt it?"

It does not look professional .....Since you made this remark, i also could say you have offended me etc etc.....You yourself have violated 2 & 6 of HFV rules.....my posts are transparent and clear.....if you feel my responses was disturbing or irrelevant, you should have reported the same to the moderator.....

Lets not start a fruitless debate here....everyone is unique and special in their own way etc with their knowledge and personality....

Dude i am really offended by your above words....As as an FM do you think it is ok to harass other members who are not really audiophiles like you ? ...
Hi Sukhas,

This is a forum to help each other with our own experience.

I am sure you don't know anything about efernand1, he has been an audiophile for a long time and helped several forum members like us to choose the right product.

I chose my sub woofer BIC PL200 after talking to him over phone and it was a thought provoking discussion and mine was truly the right decision to choose the right product. He is senior forum member with vast knowledge on audio and video.

Read his post again. His intention is to help you and no way to criticise you. Let's avoid this kind of discussions and help each other.

To all the comments asking on my age please refer hifivision rules ...thank you ...Mods please close this thread as this thread has become useless...

2.As a member, your posts and comments must contribute and/or add value to the topic under discussion. Posting irrelevant content not related to the topic under discussion and/or sarcastic comments and/or snide remarks, or any other content that can lead to derailment or disruption of the smooth flow of discussion will attract moderator action and can lead to your ban.
6.No personal attacks on any member will be entertained. This includes any direct/indirect attempt at trolling.

I am sure, by making unethical and rude commenting, moderator is going to ban you. LOL!!

Hey guys,

Which one do you guys suggest? Some one suggested if the use is multi purpose, to go for Denon AVR?

regards,
Sukhas

Yes, we suggest denon or yamaha for your needs. We would have also suggested other receiver brands, but since you have asked us to suggest between yamaha and denon, we are glad to suggest you yamaha 683 or denon 2400. Glad that we could be of help.

Cheers,
Raghav.

To every one who is reading this thread ...I am not an audiophile ...I just need a decent AVR with 4K pass through and 4k upsclaing., which i believe these two does ...I have clearly mentioned what are my requirements above...i. just wanted people's feedback on these two models;

Knowing FM @efernand1 on the forum for a while, I can vouch that he is one of the most well behaved & more helpful addressing issues / newbie requests.. He has taken lot of effort in organising multiple group buy for many FM here & also passing on critical contact information to get some good discounts on some brands..

Let me also add that not everyone who owns an AVR fully use those features, so in that regard he had suggested you to collect inputs from "dedicated owners thread for Denon / Yamaha" on the forum..

I've found the Yamaha to be very reliable, top end (highs) are good in Yamaha. Denon has a pretty warm signature sound, it is more effective for movies. I am currently using a Denon X1400H. As I have used both Yamaha and Denon for some time, I'd say opt for Denon for movies. If you need raw muscle power, go for Yamaha.

Regards,
Rajiv
I'm going to buy an amplifier. I selected three models.
Denon AVR-X2400H
Denon AVR-X2300W
Yamaha RX-V683
Which is the best one among these models?
Which one produce best sound quality?

Possibly if you could share which speakers are going to be used will help the others to provide their suggestions....some speakers are very AVR brand specific in terms of blending

Hi all...plz do give ur valuable comments for sele ting best suited avr.my room size is 12×14.I had rightly narrowed ny speaker selection to POLK T50 SERIES FUSION. AVR WHICH I HAD SELECTED IS BETWEEN YAMAHA AND DENON.
YAMAHA RXV 683.
DENON 1400H/2400H.

WHICH WOULD BE BEST AMOUNG THE ABOVE 3 MODELS.I AM LOOKING FOR 7.1 DOLBY ATMOS WHICH IS AVAILABLE IN ABOVE 3 MODELS.I WOULD BE RATHER USING IT FOR MORE MOVIES AND TV SHOWS ALONG WITH MUSICS.
SO PLZ DO HELP ME SELECT.MY BUDGET IS NLY WITHIN DIS MODELS.

Hi guys,
Wondering if this thread was still active... As it matches perfectly my question, I thought it'd be easier to just continue it.

My current setup:

Jamo middle-range's 5.1 set: S 426HCS3: 2 columns 2 ways 100 Watt (48 - 20000 Hz @ 6 Ohm) + 1 center 2 ways 80 Watt (90 - 20000 Hz @ 6 Ohm) + 2 surround 2 ways 60 Watt (90 - 20000 Hz @ 6 Ohm)
Sub Klipsch R-12SW: 200W RMS (27- 200 Hz)
Rectangle room: 4.5m x 9m but only one half is the living room as I have no dedicated room living room : 20m²
TV55" 4k OLED

I'm struggling between the RX-V685 and the Denon 2500H. I remain open to other options in this price range though but I like these two brands.
I'm unable to find a decision criteria and I have no place where I can listen to them so I must do with theory :)

IMO, the Denon has better sound for movies (based on advices on forums), much more HDMI inputs (8 vs 5), a front HDMI (great for hotplugin a computer) and a more satisfying auto-calibration.
The Yamaha features Bluetooth out and better app.

Now, that is not enough to do a clear choice for me. Could you help me with that, like "you should definitely go with xxxxx because in your situation, blabla"?

Thank you guys :)

Yamaha (Pros)
Powerful Sound
Neutral to Music and Movies
17+ DSP Options to choose from

Yamaha Cons
YPAO not so effective when compared to Audyssey
Some people find Yamaha too bright (for music)
May be rated for 6ohms and above (4 ohms speakers cannot be used)

Denon (Pros)
Excellent for Movies
Warm signature to music
Audyssey Multi XT calibration
HEOS
Can drive even 4ohms Speakers (unused speakers can be re-used like I did)

Cons
Sounds puny without Audyssey

I've used both Yamaha and Denon, for movies definitely I'd go with Denon, surround decoding is amazing with Denon.

Hope it helps.

BR,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

It definitely helps since I want to use it for movies, not music (except some pop in the living room for kids, you know...)

Do my speakers and SW look ok for both to you? One brand going better along with those?

You didn't mention Musicast (Yamaha) which looks like an excellent competitor to HEOS, why? Also 2018 line features wireless surround speaker native compatibility in Yamaha, didn't see that for Denon.

Thank you :)

Hello guys, I know this thread dates back to 4 years ago, but now I am considering buying an AVR for my sound system which includes:

Speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 225
Center: Wharfedale 220C
Sub: Wharfedale WH-010

I don't' want an expensive receiver, besides, I noticed not so many important features are upgraded in the newer versions so I tried to find a used AVR. Currently my selections are narrowed down to these three models:

1) Yamaha-RX-V683
2) Denon-AVR-X2400H
3) Sony STR-DN1080

The sound quality is the most important for me as I am gonna use my speakers mostly for music. Would appreciate it if you could provide me with your feedback.

1) Yamaha-RX-V683
2) Denon-AVR-X2400H
3) Sony STR-DN1080

The sound quality is the most important for me
All avr will match with wharfedale speakers.Yamaha will serve better for movie purpose. Sony has little better tonal quality than Yama if music is also priority. Denon will have warmer and bold sound compare to both.Demo all if possible as its hard to get perfect balance for movies and music

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back