Yamaha-RX-V683-vs-Denon-AVR-X2400H

sukhas19

Hey guys,

Which one do you guys suggest? Some one suggested if the use is multi purpose, to go for Denon AVR?

regards,
Sukhas

I've found the Yamaha to be very reliable, top end (highs) are good in Yamaha. Denon has a pretty warm signature sound, it is more effective for movies. I am currently using a Denon X1400H. As I have used both Yamaha and Denon for some time, I'd say opt for Denon for movies. If you need raw muscle power, go for Yamaha.

Regards,
Rajiv

I've found the Yamaha to be very reliable, top end (highs) are good in Yamaha. Denon has a pretty warm signature sound, it is more effective for movies. I am currently using a Denon X1400H. As I have used both Yamaha and Denon for some time, I'd say opt for Denon for movies. If you need raw muscle power, go for Yamaha.

Regards,
Rajiv

I will be using it mostly to watch movies from a BD player/ Apple tv/DTH......So Denon is better in this regard?

For Movies alone Denon would be the preferred choice IMO. With it's audyssey & Multi-EQ XT it's quite impressive! Probably opt for a Demo based on where you live in Banglalore, I demoed in HT Store JP Nagar and Pro-FX MG Road before buying.

For Movies alone Denon would be the preferred choice IMO. With it's audyssey & Multi-EQ XT it's quite impressive! Probably opt for a Demo based on where you live in Banglalore, I demoed in HT Store JP Nagar and Pro-FX MG Road before buying.

Can you suggest some shops where i can demo this ; closer to HSR Layout/Koramangala?

Hi, i have audition both x2400 and v683. Yamaha is more powerful and feature rich specially its app is way better than both denon and marantz. I purchased yamaha after audition.

Hey guys,

Which one do you guys suggest? Some one suggested if the use is multi purpose, to go for Denon AVR?

regards,
Sukhas

There are dedicated threads of Denon or Marantz or Pioneer or Yamaha which you can browse through quickly to get first hand user feedback and comments around performance and service.....you can provide your budget, room / listening area size and the possible speaker brand / model you intend to pair the AVR with and you will get positive pointers....ofcourse audition is key and you should audition / demo the SAME content for all systems in order to make a proper informed decision.

I had Denon and tend to agree it was good for movies. I have a Yamaha Aventage now - the music is more detailed. the music cast app is very useful

There are dedicated threads of Denon or Marantz or Pioneer or Yamaha which you can browse through quickly to get first hand user feedback and comments around performance and service.....you can provide your budget, room / listening area size and the possible speaker brand / model you intend to pair the AVR with and you will get positive pointers....ofcourse audition is key and you should audition / demo the SAME content for all systems in order to make a proper informed decision.

Dude, i have already zeroed in to either of these two AVR... My question is simple....Which is better in these two....Simple as that ? isnt it? Why do i need to look into other brands such as Marantx and Pioneer when I already liked these two?

What speakers do you intend to use with the amp?
Depends on my budget....As of now, I am looking for pretty high budget...I need to buy a good 4k TV(~1.5 L, a good entertainment unit /stand, then this AVR, and then i have to think about the speakers......)

I faced the same dilemma. Denon I auditioned in three different stores was having slight harshness and distortion in upper midrange and treble.

Also the bass was very weak.

Now I have Yamaha and I dont need subwoofer I sold it off.

'Musiccast' is one feature a enough to go for Yamaha.

BTW- I compared internal pictures of 683 with Aventage 860. I think 683 is nothing but slightly crippled version of A860.

If you have a decent budget, I would suggest auditioning and deciding on speakers first as they usually are the biggest contributors of sound signature,as warm,bright what not. Then you can decide what AVR to get that will match the system well. The other way around would be detrimental as You can only 'get' those speakers that your avr would be able to drive. Buying expensive speakers and not having the right AVR (under powered) would be sad.

If you have a decent budget, I would suggest auditioning and deciding on speakers first as they usually are the biggest contributors of sound signature,as warm,bright what not. Then you can decide what AVR to get that will match the system well. The other way around would be detrimental as You can only 'get' those speakers that your avr would be able to drive. Buying expensive speakers and not having the right AVR (under powered) would be sad.

thanks for the input...But i am not really an audiophile. I need an AVR which is futuristic which can interface with my iphone/ipad for music airplay, bdp, 4k bdp(when i buy), apple tv 4k and finally to my 4k TV. So i guess this AVR matches my specs...isnt it?

thanks for the input...But i am not really an audiophile. I need an AVR which is futuristic which can interface with my iphone/ipad for music airplay, bdp, 4k bdp(when i buy), apple tv 4k and finally to my 4k TV. So i guess this AVR matches my specs...isnt it?
Both receivers are compatible with all the features you need

I faced the same dilemma. Denon I auditioned in three different stores was having slight harshness and distortion in upper midrange and treble.

Also the bass was very weak.

Now I have Yamaha and I dont need subwoofer I sold it off.

'Musiccast' is one feature a enough to go for Yamaha.

BTW- I compared internal pictures of 683 with Aventage 860. I think 683 is nothing but slightly crippled version of A860.

Denon has very good audio quality if you use matched speaker which support warm sound. In my case dali is doing great job.

Dude, i have already zeroed in to either of these two AVR... My question is simple....Which is better in these two....Simple as that ? isnt it? Why do i need to look into other brands such as Marantx and Pioneer when I already liked these two?

You might have zeroed on two brands as per the thread subject line....as FM, I was directing you to dedicated threads of owners of such brands who have provided their actual comments and feedback on those models being used by them....to help you to make an informed decision....no one asked you specifically to look at a Pioneer or Marantz thread....it is purely your choice as you are the one seeking advice here.....

For the record, no AVR is future proof.....brands and models keep changing almost every year ...its more of marketing and hence you find the most of us upgrading and very few are content with what they have. Features and formats keep getting updated.....

Audition is key and it is advisable to use the SAME content (Music / Movies) to decide which out of the 2 are better in all aspects.

There is no intention to start a table tennis debate here, I thought it would be wise to clear the air and any misunderstandings....

You might have zeroed on two brands as per the thread subject line....as FM, I was directing you to dedicated threads of owners of such brands who have provided their actual comments and feedback on those models being used by them....to help you to make an informed decision....no one asked you specifically to look at a Pioneer or Marantz thread....it is purely your choice as you are the one seeking advice here.....

For the record, no AVR is future proof.....brands and models keep changing almost every year ...its more of marketing and hence you find the most of us upgrading and very few are content with what they have. Features and formats keep getting updated.....

Audition is key and it is advisable to use the SAME content (Music / Movies) to decide which out of the 2 are better in all aspects.

There is no intention to start a table tennis debate here, I thought it would be wise to clear the air and any misunderstandings....
Dude i am really offended by your above words....As as an FM do you think it is ok to harass other members who are not really audiophiles like you ? ...

Last edited:
well i have made my decision,,, going for yamaha.... just because i am not an audiophile you feel like harassing me ???go on ...say what ever you want...
LOL! you are soo touchy. LOL! He was just trying to help dude. How old are you?....O never mind.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back