Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Denon 1713

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Denon 1913

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ratishmohan

After some research and reading about various AVR and 5.1 speaker system I shortlisted following. Please suggest which combination will suit best:

AVR:
Yamaha 573 / 673
Denon 1713 / 1913

Speaker:
Paradigm CT100
Wharfdale DX1
definitive procinema 600

My room size is 20' x 12' and 12' is viewing distance. Please help!

thanks friends, Also, I was thinking of getting them from US but it seems I may not get 220 Volts version and don't want to take risk of adding converter for this high load.

However getting speakers shouldn't be a problem, please correct me if I am wrong. OR sub will also need external power with high load?

Please check out the Definitve and Denon combo. I had auditioned Definitive Procinema 600 with Denon(not sure of the model, but not a very high end one) 3 years back, but with the sub from Procinema 800. It was an awesome experience. Watched Avatar and a few other movie clips and that experience is still etched to my mind. I couldnt believe the sound that is coming out of those speakers and the sub was tightly integrated to the speakers, it literally disappeared. I say this because, just before the audition Ii helped a customer decide between two subwoofers a Paradigm and a Wharfadale, but Definitive was at a different level. It was at Grand cinema Chennai. Its worth going for a demo, you wouldnt be disappointed.

Please check out the Definitve and Denon combo. I had auditioned Definitive Procinema 600 with Denon(not sure of the model, but not a very high end one) 3 years back, but with the sub from Procinema 800. It was an awesome experience. Watched Avatar and a few other movie clips and that experience is still etched to my mind. I couldnt believe the sound that is coming out of those speakers and the sub was tightly integrated to the speakers, it literally disappeared. I say this because, just before the audition Ii helped a customer decide between two subwoofers a Paradigm and a Wharfadale, but Definitive was at a different level. It was at Grand cinema Chennai. Its worth going for a demo, you wouldnt be disappointed.

Thanks, as per my reading on internet also, Definitive is said to be very very good. but still to find some retailer around Pune to audition.. I hope they fit into my budget too. On amazon they (pro cinema 600) are $100 costlier than Paradigm CT100.

generally you want a warm avr paired with a bright speaker system and vice versa. Thats the golden rule. There have been cases of pairing a warm avr with warm speakers but I would not recommend a bright avr paired with bright speakers. HOwever audio being subjective and differs from person to person, you still need to demo the varios combos. Looking at your list :

AVR:
Yamaha 573 / 673 (Bright)
Denon 1713 / 1913 (Warm)

Speaker:
Paradigm CT100 (Bright)
Wharfdale DX1 (Warm)
definitive procinema 600 (not sure)

generally you want a warm avr paired with a bright speaker system and vice versa. Thats the golden rule. There have been cases of pairing a warm avr with warm speakers but I would not recommend a bright avr paired with bright speakers. HOwever audio being subjective and differs from person to person, you still need to demo the varios combos. Looking at your list :

AVR:
Yamaha 573 / 673 (Bright)
Denon 1713 / 1913 (Warm)

Speaker:
Paradigm CT100 (Bright)
Wharfdale DX1 (Warm)
definitive procinema 600 (not sure)

That's good info to know... definitive site says procinema 600 is under warm category. can we pair bright AVR with Warm speakers?

Aakash...

How does the Tannoy HTS 101 line up in the warm/bright scenario??

So whats a better pair..

Denon+DX1

OR

Denon+Paradigm

OR

Denon+ Tannoy HTS

That's good info to know... definitive site says procinema 600 is under warm category. can we pair bright AVR with Warm speakers?

Yes............warm + bright is more recommended than bright + bright or warm + warm. But always please hear before you buy.

Aakash...

How does the Tannoy HTS 101 line up in the warm/bright scenario??

So whats a better pair..

Denon+DX1

OR

Denon+Paradigm

OR

Denon+ Tannoy HTS

Tannoy's also sound warm.........so on paper Denon+Paradigm would work better than Denon+ Tannoy HTS.

When I auditioned Tannoy HTS 101, it was neither warm or bright. The sound was balanced. Very good sound, I would say. Although I use Denon, I recommend you to go for Yamaha as its much more musical and very good for movies also. Yamaha + Wharfedale combo is preferred. The subwoofer of Paradigm is better than the Wharfedale speaker which you have mentioned.
But sound being a subjective matter, do audition first with Bluray disks, then decide accordingly. Pay close attention to the centre channel, often people ignore them and later they realize that they can hear all the effects clearly except the dialogues!

Incase you want to get the avr from US, they are 220v models available which are about 30% lower than Indian prices

Hi there
I own denon 1610 with deftech pro cinema600. Combination sound really good. It was purchased from AVxcellence, DP road Pune. I don't know about other combination u suggested. But during demo denon+deftech was far better than onkyo+energy.

Is the Sony STR-DN1030 better than the Denon 1913???... its has wifi while the denon doesn't.. i will have to purchase a seperate wifi dongle for the denon.. any other suggestions for avr's with wifi in the same price bracket.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back