Yamaha WXC-50 or Allo digione Signature

sand87ch

Hi,

Finally decided to go for a streamer.

The only confusion is among the two

1.Yamaha WXC-50
2.Allo digione Signature(with Shanti)

I will pair this with my Marantz PM6007 and will use for playing files from usb and as a network streamer(mainly Airplay) for Tidal and spotify/gaana .

Which do you guys think is the better one among the two(in terms of SQ)?

Note:-
I have heard the sound signature of Yamaha RX-V685 and i have liked it better than my present Marantz PM6007.

Hi,

1.Yamaha WXC-50

I will pair this with my Marantz PM6007 and will use for playing files from usb and as a network streamer(mainly Airplay) for Tidal and spotify/gaana .

I have heard the sound signature of Yamaha RX-V685 and i have liked it better than my present Marantz PM6007.
Allo digione signature for sure. Decide on the amp after setting up the streamer. If you still don't like it, you can switch to another amp or even add an external DAC.

MaSh

Allo digione signature for sure. Decide on the amp after setting up the streamer. If you still don't like it, you can switch to another amp or even add an external DAC.

MaSh
Well i have a Marantz PM6007 and the output will go to the marantz.

Hi,

1.Yamaha WXC-50

I would suggest to go with Yamaha

I too would suggest that you go with the Yamaha WXC-50. I have been using one for more than a year now. Its DAC is very good. Neutral and detailed. Streaming too is top notch.

I have a yamaha wxc-50 that I bought when it first came out...2012 or 2013 I think. A lot of other digital chains have come and gone. But I've always retained the yamaha for its Swiss knife flexibility. I've used it as a streamer, as a dac and also as a pre-amp. And for a asking price of 24k it is beyond complaints, and in fact is very good actually. We can easily expect a price tag of multiples of that asking price if it came from a brand touting hifi royalty :D

Surprisingly last year I was trying out a lumin T1 streamer cum dac vs a yamaha wxc-50 feeding a esoteric K-01. I preferred the sound of the wxc-50 + esoteric combination.

I've never tried out the allo digione signature, so iam not saying the yamaha is better. Infact being a more dedicated streamer, more optimised singularly for streaming. I would hazard a guess that it might surpass the wxc-50 at streaming quality. But the yamaha definitely has better flexibility. And a musicast app.

I guess my post didn't help resolve the conundrum...and might actually have left you more confused than you were before :D

Just get the normal digione with standard power supply and save some cash. Keep saving and spend it on something that would make an appreciable difference like better speakers or adding a sub.

I have a yamaha wxc-50 that I bought when it first came out...2012 or 2013 I think. A lot of other digital chains have come and gone. But I've always retained the yamaha for its Swiss knife flexibility. I've used it as a streamer, as a dac and also as a pre-amp. And for a asking price of 24k it is beyond complaints, and in fact is very good actually. We can easily expect a price tag of multiples of that asking price if it came from a brand touting hifi royalty :D

Surprisingly last year I was trying out a lumin T1 streamer cum dac vs a yamaha wxc-50 feeding a esoteric K-01. I preferred the sound of the wxc-50 + esoteric combination.

I've never tried out the allo digione signature, so iam not saying the yamaha is better. Infact being a more dedicated streamer, more optimised singularly for streaming. I would hazard a guess that it might surpass the wxc-50 at streaming quality. But the yamaha definitely has better flexibility. And a musicast app.

I guess my post didn't help resolve the conundrum...and might actually have left you more confused than you were before :D
yeah u very well did

SQ wise which is better.is there anyone who has heard both?and is it a pain to configure for airplay and other streaming?i am fairly ok with stuff like rooting and other such small tech stuff and i do like fiddling around with such things as its exciting but what i fo want to know is it worth it and is the sq wow kind wen conpared to yamaha

For fiddlers nothing can be more satisfying than the Rpi. With less expensive Hats there can be several options to try. I have neither rpi nor wxc50 but for me cca is most convenient way to stream.

well these are the two i zeroed on.if there is anythng else in this price range as a streamer pls do enlighten me

MaSh
go with yamaha wxc 50.

go with yamaha wxc 50.
Well, I am not the one looking for a device. If I had to buy, I will go for the Allo Digione for sure. Yamaha is good, but it's more of a convenient device compared to the digione which offers better sound quality and flexibility to use one's own DAC. Yamaha has optical and coax out too, but I still prefer Allo. Just my opinion and choice if I ever wish to buy such a component.

MaSh

Last edited:
Hi,

1.Yamaha WXC-50

Go for Yamaha Wxc 50

Well, I am not the one looking for a device. If I had to buy, I will go for the Allo Digione for sure. Yamaha is good, but it's more of a convenient device compared to the digione which offers better sound quality and flexibility to use one's own DAC. Yamaha has optical and coax out too, but I still prefer Allo. Just my opinion and choice if I ever wish to buy such a component.

MaSh
Does the Yamaha not allow one to use their own DAC considering that it has coax and digital out too?

From the convenience perspective, the Yamaha seems like a no-brainer. It is the more approachable product and better for most users i imagine. On the other hand, i had a hard time figuring out what the Allo does to begin with. After that, there's the whole confusion of which operating system to choose and which one offers what features. The ordering process was incredibly daunting and I had to watch multiple YT videos to figure out how to specify it. I shudder when i think about the setting up process. I had to psych myself up and convince myself that i was willing to put in the time and effort.

The allo looks like the more flexible device but I'm a big fan of plug and play and i think Allo dropped the ball on this front, something that was easily rectifiable from the get go, and the Yamaha simply has the edge in this regard i imagine. Build quality of the Yamaha also looks far far superior.
Go for Yamaha Wxc 50
Coincidentally, that was the quandry i found myself in last night. However, considering i was in the pursuit of max SQ for a budget of 30-40k and did not want to spend lakhs on a streamer, in addition to the fact that the feedback on allo products was overwhelmingly positive from both the professional as well as user community alike, I decided to go for the Allo USBridge with the Allo Digione Signature Hifi Hat Add-on module and Shanti Linear PSU and the total cost was 37K.

Have you experienced both the WXC50 and the Allo USBridge/All Digione SIgnature?

Does the Yamaha not allow one to use their own DAC considering that it has coax and digital out too?

From the convenience perspective, the Yamaha seems like a no-brainer. It is the more approachable product and better for most users i imagine. On the other hand, i had a hard time figuring out what the Allo does to begin with. After that, there's the whole confusion of which operating system to choose and which one offers what features. The ordering process was incredibly daunting and I had to watch multiple YT videos to figure out how to specify it. I shudder when i think about the setting up process. I had to psych myself up and convince myself that i was willing to put in the time and effort.

The allo looks like the more flexible device but I'm a big fan of plug and play and i think Allo dropped the ball on this front, something that was easily rectifiable from the get go, and the Yamaha simply has the edge in this regard i imagine. Build quality of the Yamaha also looks far far superior.

Coincidentally, that was the quandry i found myself in last night. However, considering i was in the pursuit of max SQ for a budget of 30-40k and did not want to spend lakhs on a streamer, in addition to the fact that the feedback on allo products was overwhelmingly positive from both the professional as well as user community alike, I decided to go for the Allo USBridge with the Allo Digione Signature Hifi Hat Add-on module and Shanti Linear PSU and the total cost was 37K.

Have you experienced both the WXC50 and the Allo USBridge/All Digione SIgnature?

of course, you can use an external DAC with the Yamaha. I have mentioned it has Optical and Coax Out to connect to an external DAC.

Yes, Allo has a bit of a learning curve, just like it is for someone upgrading from a simple Audion CD or a Cassette Deck to a streamer. However, once you have it figured out, using an Allo unit is actually very easy and simple. I prefer Volumio as the OS.

Congratulations on your purchase. Do start a new thread if not already done, to record your setting up journey. I am sure, it would help a lot of members who are on the fence or paranoid about setting up an Allo unit.

MaSh

of course, you can use an external DAC with the Yamaha. I have mentioned it has Optical and Coax Out to connect to an external DAC.

Yes, Allo has a bit of a learning curve, just like it is for someone upgrading from a simple Audion CD or a Cassette Deck to a streamer. However, once you have it figured out, using an Allo unit is actually very easy and simple. I prefer Volumio as the OS.

Congratulations on your purchase. Do start a new thread if not already done, to record your setting up journey. I am sure, it would help a lot of members who are on the fence or paranoid about setting up an Allo unit.

MaSh
i am totally fine with buying rpi4 and setting up the HAT.but wat bothers me is the software.i read that one may need volumio paid for i guess tidal etc.apart from that does volumio support airplay2?

Back