Yamaha YHT 299 vs YHT 2910 - Same Price, Please help to decide between these 2 models

karthikcarthik

Yamaha YHT 299 vs YHT 2910 - Same Price, Please help to decide between these 2 models.

Somewhere i read that YHT 299 sounds better than YHT 2910. Thats the reason i opened this thread to get some advice from this forum members.

Yamaha YHT 299
* 2 Optical Input
* No DC Out
* HDMI (4in/1out) with 3D, 4K Ultra HD pass-through
* Front AV Input - USB/Mini Jack/Composite
* Analog Audio Input/Output - 4 (front 1) / 2
* Composite Video Input/Output - 4 (front 1) / 1

Yamaha YHT 2910
* 1 Optical Input
* DC Out is present
* HDMI (4 in / 1 out) with 4K Ultra HD pass-through
* Extra Bass feature
* Front AV Input - USB/Mini Jack
* Analog Audio Input/Output - 4 (front 1) / 1
* Composite Video Input/Output - 3 / 2

Re: Yamaha YHT 299 vs YHT 2910 - Same Price, Please help to decide between these 2 mo

Hello Karthik

I think both are the same
Hardly we can see any difference

But 2910 seems to be upgrade version on papers and may be it would last longer than 299 in terms of availability and yamaha technical support.

By the way from where are you going to buy and at what price ?

Re: Yamaha YHT 299 vs YHT 2910 - Same Price, Please help to decide between these 2 mo

Hi

Thanks for your reply, Yamaha YHT 299 in htstore.in for rs 36,500.
Yamaha YHT 2910 a seller from Snapdeal.

Oh now i see a price a change in Snapdeal, 2910 went to 41,375

Do you have any info on warranty while buying products from htstore.in & snapdeal ?

I have also contacted reliance digital in chennai for yht 299, they said it will be available in stock maybe after a week for rs 36,999. They are not aware of the new model yht 2910 and it is not available with them.

I have talked to yamaha Corportaions
A person over there said me that they discourage online purchase of Yamaha products because they don't know from where people source their products.

He was talking about grey products which are being sold in the name of yamaha warranty.

He said don't buy it from snapdeal.com unless you are pretty sure about the warranty.

He recommended me to buy it from RD.

Moreover yesterday I talked to warehouse direct India (Mumbai) a person over there Mr Dapinder Singh offered 299 for 36K and with yamaha warranty.
But I am not sure about his deal and his warehouse.

Last edited:

efbf8cef5ded300469a09bbf74507803.jpg

Yeah price has been increased.
Hahah

Same thing happened to me when I was interested to buy yht 196 . Rd increased its price from 19990 to 24990.
Since then I thought to buy 299 instead of 196.

What I think yht 196 + yst sw012 active subwoofer can be a decent condition.
Anyways now I am looking for 299/2910

Yht199 with additional sub sounds good however check out other subwoofers as well which are within 20k. Also from reliance digital i read on another thread that usually they have 24k price for yht196 but on weekends or some other feative days they have it on offer for 19k, so check out once. Or take yht199 and wait for some good deal on subwoofers and upgrade after some time.

Last edited:

Please be cautioned that Yamaha India may not provide any warranty or support for online purchase from snapdeal etc. They have listed authorized dealers in Yamaha India website.

YHT-299 at 36k is a good deal than YHT-2910 at 41K. The avr part is same.
Later if you want you can upgrade the fronts for better music listening.

Thanks everyone for your response, i'll wait then for an update from Reliance Digital for YHT 299 stock and will check for any discount further.

Also i dont see anyone selling YHT 199 in India even RD doesnt have that model , only they have YHT 196.

I guess yht-199 is not released in india and no product details in yamaha india web.
Forgot to mention that htstore is authorized yamaha dealer.

Thanks Sunil

But now i see from htstore that they dont have stock for YHT 299

When there is such a huge demand for YHT 299 but its very difficult to find one in the market.

Is YHT 299 that good ? :)

Also the Yamaha dealers should reduce the price for YHT 2910 where there is no much difference with YHT 299, sure there wont be any upgrade in sound quality in YHT 2910 with YHT 299.

Except YHT 299 has an advantage of 2 Optical Input(sometimes it will be greatly beneficial respective with an issue HDMI ARC running currently with some TV manufactures)

I have a doubt on the below,

If we connect a Tata Sky DTH to Yamaha YHT 299 with HDMI cable, do we need to connect an optical cable for audio or HDMI cable is enough for both audio & video ?

the same question for connecting BR player to Yamaha YHT 299

The reason i am asking this question because i want to know when these optical inputs in AV receiver will plays a role when we have enough HDMI inputs.

Assume HDMI ARC works fine TV/AV Receiver - Connect BR/DVD player to AV Receiver - Connect STB to AV Receiver with HDMI then is there a need to use optical input ?

Thanks Sunil

If we connect a Tata Sky DTH to Yamaha YHT 299 with HDMI cable, do we need to connect an optical cable for audio or HDMI cable is enough for both audio & video ?

the same question for connecting BR player to Yamaha YHT 299

The reason i am asking this question because i want to know when these optical inputs in AV receiver will plays a role when we have enough HDMI inputs.

Assume HDMI ARC works fine TV/AV Receiver - Connect BR/DVD player to AV Receiver - Connect STB to AV Receiver with HDMI then is there a need to use optical input ?

Hi Karthik,

You need not connect seperate Optical cable from Tata Sky to AVR. HDMI cable will do the job and it will give you Dolby Digital Sound output as well.
Same is the case with Blu Ray Player as well. HDMI ARC will work fine.

You can even take a look at Denon AVR + Boston Acoustics 5.1 Combo in a similar price range. It is very highly rated in our forum.

Thanks,
Sandeep.

Thanks Sandeep,

Sure will have a look on the combo you suggested. Thanks again.

On snapdeal.com they again changed the price of yhy 2910. From 43k to 38k
utterly confused seller

To me there wasn't much difference between yht299 and yht2910 when I bought it last year around November. 2910 is just a new cousin of 299 with a bloated price and hence I stuck with 299. Pretty happy with it and am loving it. The bass is slightly on the lower side but I plan to upgrade it next year or so.
Try buying one from a registered seller and avoid any etailer which you do not trust. Instead of saving a couple of grand one might face a lot of hassle.

Anyway... happy hunting :)

i am also looking for yamaha 299... its a vfm... but what about music capability....also can i use wd live tv as a source for downloaded stuff like movies and music..

Hi Karthik,

You need not connect seperate Optical cable from Tata Sky to AVR. HDMI cable will do the job and it will give you Dolby Digital Sound output as well.
Same is the case with Blu Ray Player as well. HDMI ARC will work fine.

You can even take a look at Denon AVR + Boston Acoustics 5.1 Combo in a similar price range. It is very highly rated in our forum.

Thanks,
Sandeep.

can you please tell the price for this combo... and place from where i can buy this...

Contact Fairdeal Electronics near crawford market.They have both denon and boston acoustics. Also they have many other brands from very low end to the higher end ones.
Also for best prices you can visit alfa irla. I guess they also have boston acoustics but not sure of denon avr.
I purchased denon avr from fairdeal electronics. The X500 had a price of 29,500. I got it for 22,000. Also now he has the X510BT for 28500 or something call to confirm the price.
Last i remember ba soundware xs+denon avr x500 = 44500/-
As X500 is not in stock anymore X510+soundware xs is 28500+22000 = 50500/-

Last edited:

thanks a lot..will definitely pay a visit to fairdeal....

what about source shall i look for bluray player with usb capability or wd live tv.. i will use more of downloaded stuff...

how will you compare ur suggested combo vs yamaha yht 299 for music...as i am more into music than movies..

Finally after a lot of thought, purchased Yamaha YHT-299 for Rs, 36500 and Pioneer BDP-170 for Rs, 12500 in htstore.in

I went through lot of stress for the past few days as i was reading everything online on different models/setup, just want to choose the right one because 50K is a lot to invest ..
Hope, i did choose the right one .. Fingers crossed --

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back