Yet another dedicated home theater build :)

Dear friends,

After "idling" for a while, I am back to my passion. I did some recent updates to my HT setup

1. Added Emotiva UMC-200 to the setup. Bought an used UMC-200 from a FM. UMC integrates very well with my Emotiva power amps (XPA-200, UPA-500). However I am not very impressed with the auto EQ. Looks like the "flat" option works good for me. I also found it buggy as it didn't get the distance to my Subwoofer correctly. I used the Audyssey in my old Denon AVR 2310 and it worked much better and was totally bug free.

2. Added another Velodyne EQ Max 12 Sub woofer. Now I use 2 x Velodyne EQ Max 12. The bass response have improved and getting a better and balanced overall bass. Earlier I was using EQ Max 10 and EQ Max 12 and found that EQ Max 12 was bottle necked by EQ Max 10 and the integration wasn't smooth. Now with two identical subs, there is a great improvement. Now I got an opportunity to use the EQ Max 10 in my stereo setup.

3. My Epson's power supply conked off, just 2 months before warranty end date!!!. Got it fixed under warranty, free of cost :yahoo:

Need to run the REW with the new setup. One of the reasons I went with UMC 200 is that it can use the parametric EQ generated by REW. Will try this when I get some time later and update you guys.

So far things have been good.

-John.

Dear friends,

After "idling" for a while, I am back to my passion. I did some recent updates to my HT setup

1. Added Emotiva UMC-200 to the setup. Bought an used UMC-200 from a FM. UMC integrates very well with my Emotiva power amps (XPA-200, UPA-500). However I am not very impressed with the auto EQ. Looks like the "flat" option works good for me. I also found it buggy as it didn't get the distance to my Subwoofer correctly. I used the Audyssey in my old Denon AVR 2310 and it worked much better and was totally bug free.

2. Added another Velodyne EQ Max 12 Sub woofer. Now I use 2 x Velodyne EQ Max 12. The bass response have improved and getting a better and balanced overall bass. Earlier I was using EQ Max 10 and EQ Max 12 and found that EQ Max 12 was bottle necked by EQ Max 10 and the integration wasn't smooth. Now with two identical subs, there is a great improvement. Now I got an opportunity to use the EQ Max 10 in my stereo setup.

3. My Epson's power supply conked off, just 2 months before warranty end date!!!. Got it fixed under warranty, free of cost :yahoo:

Need to run the REW with the new setup. One of the reasons I went with UMC 200 is that it can use the parametric EQ generated by REW. Will try this when I get some time later and update you guys.

So far things have been good.

-John.
Thats great. Not many are so lucky with getting products serviced within few days of warranty remaining.

@John,

Just came across this thread.
Pretty amazing setup. :thumbsup:

Beside the Projector and the room, you have a premium lineup of equipment as well i.e. Oppo 105 , Emotiva UMC-200, XPA-200, UPA-500.

Way to go.

-Fillmore

John, Amazing thread. I live near Hoodi Circle and I have set my mind on visiting your home for the christmas cake and the movies:). Pls PM me and lets share contacts.

Thank you guys.

Forgot to mention, I also build an auto CD ripping VortexBox NAS buy getting hardware from Snapdeal, Flipkart and Amazon. It is also used to store all my digital media (audio and HD video) and stream them to all my devices at home wirelessly. I am pretty happy with the build and it works great. Now I am storing my entire CD and DVD collection on the NAS.

@realactivex - we are almost neighbours :). My house is pretty close to Hoodi.

It is going to be a busy December for me with my Boss (of my new job), friends and family visiting me and I am off to Kerala for my vacation on 26th and coming back only after Jan 10th.

Lets plan for a meet after I come back.

-John.

Its a great thread John. Very good for learning. I will have to do my room in another 6-8 months once it gets ready. Will seek a lot of advice that time

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back