Your dream listening chair

Eames Lounge Chair!!

And you've already mentioned it! But if it has to be 'dream' why not the original [just that it costs 10 times more from Herman Miller :p ].

Apologies if this has been covered before.

Mine would be this Eames replica: https://www.urbanladder.com/products/1956-lounge-ottoman-replica

What's yours? Or post yours if you already have your dream listening chair (wouldn't mind new ideas).
The Eames does not work for everybody from an ergonomic context. It is a classic furniture design though. Do try it out and see if it works for you in case you are planning to pick it up online.

I found this quite good.

It is faux leather though. But one can change to real leather or fabric in the future.

Laz-boy recliner....it literally rocks, reclines too if you feel the need to...
Some models have trays or cup holders too (keeping the needs of couch potatoes ?)
They even have models for home theatre. :oops:

Last edited:
An Eames chair always looks nice but as squarewave pointed out, the replica one is not very comfortable for longer listening sessions. I prefer the Shell chairs for comfort..
Oh! Thanks for sharing your experience. I thought they would be super comfy.

Guess, it's not my dream chair anymore.

I have moved on to #2 on the list: https://www.roomandboard.com/catalo...-signature-leather-recliner?Camp=gshop_Chairs

Laz-boy recliner....it literally rocks, reclines too if you feel the need to...
Some models have trays or cup holders too (keeping the needs of couch potatoes ?)
They even have models for home theatre. :oops:
Laz-boy do have a reputation for the comfy-factor (thanks to a famous sitcom :), but I find traditional recliners too bulky and not aesthetically pleasing. Also not too great for the back.

I too am looking for a new chair, but it has to be easily movable (or dragged) becoz I listen to both headphones and speaker setup and have to move the chair back and forth.

The room and board option looks nice, any Indian retailer with a similar product?

Checkout little nap. These are sleek, comfort. can get in various options with choice of material and accessories that even has ventilation :) good for both HT but they have options for living room as well.

Laz-boy do have a reputation for the comfy-factor (thanks to a famous sitcom :), but I find traditional recliners too bulky and not aesthetically pleasing. Also not too great for the back.
Yes, it’s definitely not good for the back, specially during extended listening sessions. But I think no chair is good for sitting long periods?

Past decade there has been a lot of published peer reviewed research on the link between health and a “seated” lifestyle.

Here is an article that pulls it together “Sitting is the new smoking” https://www.startstanding.org/sitting-new-smoking/#extended

I am thinking of a “standing listening position” for my set up. (Now, how do I raise the tweeters to ear level? what happens to the soundstage when I am standing and moving?...)

On the other hand I can dance :)

Checkout little nap. These are sleek, comfort. can get in various options with choice of material and accessories that even has ventilation :) good for both HT but they have options for living room as well.
One even has a USB port!!!:D
And the massage chair .... ah!

I too am looking for a new chair, but it has to be easily movable (or dragged) becoz I listen to both headphones and speaker setup and have to move the chair back and forth.

The room and board option looks nice, any Indian retailer with a similar product?
Something made of cane can be easy to move. This with a foot stool can be nice .

add a cushion for the back.

I don’t mean to trivialize the original question or anyone sharing on this thread.

I myself use a LaZ Boy recliner. But the evidence of the harm from sitting long periods (even if it is rapturous) is becoming insistent. (Like a mosquito buzzing inside the mosquito net at night)

I am trying to find a good compromise between my music listening needs and preventing DVT etc.

Return to DAPs, good headphones and walk or jog? :rolleyes: (Why is the emoji selection here so sparse?)

Last edited:
One thing I learnt hard way is, a recliner is not an ideal solution, atleast for me, as it brings my ears much below the tweeter position (using a monitor and it has a sweet spot).

Similar thoughts here. Too much cushioning leads to a feeling that something in holding you. Not so great for the back also.

Nopes. Been looking for years now.

I found a guy in Mumbai who could replicate it for me, he was about to start, and then Covid happened. Now he's not taking my calls. Sigh!

The search continues......

I don’t mean to trivialize the original question or anyone sharing on this thread.

I myself use a LaZ Boy recliner. But the evidence of the harm from sitting long periods (even if it is rapturous) is becoming insistent. (Like a mosquito buzzing inside the mosquito net at night)

I am trying to find a good compromise between my music listening needs and preventing DVT etc.

Return to DAPs, good headphones and walk or jog? :rolleyes: (Why is the emoji selection here so sparse?)
Been there, done that (victim of lower back issues for years). Nothing, not standing, not jogging, nothing works for coding/working/listening to music other than sitting (for me, YMMV).

Been there, done that (victim of lower back issues for years). Nothing, not standing, not jogging, nothing works for coding/working/listening to music other than sitting (for me, YMMV).
Sorry to hear about this situation @essrand. Hope you find relief soon.

Occupational health issues are often the most difficult to deal with as medical and surgical solutions may not completely solve the problem or it’s root causes.

Here is an abstract from a research paper that offers some interesting insights. (There are a lot more references below this and elsewhere) Apologies for the jargon, but there are enough non tech terms to understand the content.

Emergence and optimization of upright posture among hominiform hominoids and the evolutionary pathophysiology of back pain​

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back