Your Hifivision Dealers Project - Lister Engine Generator

Amarbir[Lynx-India]

Guys ,
You All Know That The First Project Is Now Finished ..During The Visit To My Native Village Badal in punjab state india .I Was Wonderstruck To Find two old listeroids in my own house .During Our Property Partitioning With My Little Bro I Had Given Him All That was There And Opted To Make Everything New Myself .This Time When I went to his house i was shocked to find one listeroid and one peteriod that he had just got done from some mechanic .Woooo Out Of Curiosity I Asked Him Jivan Do You Have a Other Dual Wheeled Engine That Dad Had And He Nodded His Head ,I Was Like What Are you Serioussss... And He Showed Me The Engine .I Told Him I Want To Take This And Make a Generator For My New House And He Oblidged ,This is a old Model Listeriod Made In India .The Engine Was Picked Up On 14-6-2010 From Jivans Place And Dismantled On 15-6-2010 And Restored On 16-6-2010 .I Will Add The Pics Of the Same And The Process From Time To Time .

The Engine Restored and Working with a Makeshift Arrangement​

YouTube - www.Indianlisteroid.com 2nd Engine Restoration [ Old Indian Listeroid ]

: Note :
The Project Is Not Over Yet and This Engine Has To Be Mounted On a Base ,A Water Pump Has To Be Fitted ,We Have To Make a Fuel Tank and Also Get a Water Tank .This Is My Second Lister Engine Restored .The Engine Is Running By a Make Shift Fuel Tank Mounted On a Tree Haa Haa .The Water Cooled Engine Is Cooled [ Infact Too Cooled And Spitting Out Fuel From Exhaust ] Using a Water Pump Thats Pumping Water Through It And Not Rotating The Same Leading To White Smoke And Little Fuel Drain From the Exhaust .Problem Is Solved when I Use a Water Pump and circulate The Same Water Rising the Temperature Of The Engine So That It works Fine .This is a 1968 Model Listeroid That I Restored That Was Purchased By My Father .Will Keep You Posted Once I Paint It And Make a Generator Out Of This Workhorse .

Update :28-6-2010
The Second Generator Is Now Working Like a Charm .There Are a Few Water Leaks Due To Pipes Not Being Tight .And Also There Are Leaks from The Stupid Indian Water Pumps We Get Here Also Little Diesel Leak In The So Called Diesel Tap Lol .Anyways The Entire Setup Is Working And Soon I will Transfer To a Strong Foundation .The Engine Does Not Vibrate Much and Also I Have Installed 3 V Belts For Running a 6 KVA Alternator From Dynamic Company .Dynamic Alternators Are the Best Alternators For Making Generators In India and Compariable To Many International Brands .The Water Drum Is 210 Liter and The Fuel Drum Is 50 Liters ,soon I Will Be changing The Engine Cylinder Lining As I Have Not Done And I See Some Smoke While Running ,Enjoy the Video Guys .

The Restored Engine Made Into a Generator​

YouTube - Lister Engine Restoration [ Old Indian Listeroid ]

I've seen quite a few such engines in places as distant as Delhi, Andhra & rural Tamilnadu.

Just curious, what is that is so exciting about these engines?

Antique value or something else?:)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back