Your Loudspeaker history

This is a pic of the 'resurrection'

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If you need more details - send me your e-mail address by pm & I will share the details with you.

1 more picture :-

This Speaker - Resurrection - was 'opened' & un-packed from the warehouse for a 'demo' @ a fellow forum members house - this weekend.
It was a nice 'session'
Some pictures :-

Shall try and post a few more - soon...

4 persons from the forum were present;
This was on the 26th.
The speaker is still set up & will be there until Tuesday [I suppose]
If any one wants to go for a listen - do let me know.

Picture Quality is not so good - mobile phone was used...kindly excuse..

If you are looking for TL speakers while you are in Mumbai you can also audition my DIY TL speakers and you will be impressed.

Cheers,

Hello Hari Sir !
How are you ?
My Speaker has been connected & is on demo @ Churchgate till 1700 today.
If you wish to listen to it - do let me know.
A Visit will be 100 % possible.
I have to pack & move the 'R' out from my friends place this evening.

My 'Resurrection' is a TL with Alain Bernard Ribbon & ATD Woofer.
Since you make TL speakers - this may be an 'interesting' speaker for you to listen to.

:clapping:

I was one of the 4 people who came to listen to it! And loved it! And its gonna be mine soon!

As soon as I can make space in my room, i.e!

The B&W's are not meant for my small listening room. these however will be just swell! Not that the B&W's aren't great... but for small rooms like mine, they are truly an overkill!

I was one of the 4 people who came to listen to it! And loved it! And its gonna be mine soon!

The B&W's are not meant for my small listening room. these however will be just swell! Not that the B&W's aren't great... but for small rooms like mine, they are truly an overkill!

Yeah .... noted your 801 'sell' ad in one of the web-sites.
Wonder why it is not listed in this Forum?

Let us know when to come over to hear these good looking (and am sure excellent sounding) speakers....
Hello Panditji !
You serious when you say 'good looking' ?:licklips:
It sounds good - to my ears too....Looks - I rather not comment:::D
You shall get a chance to listen to them - soon I understand....
Do write about them - once you have 'auditioned' them !
Thanks;;

Here is my list (only interesting in the last 2 years :)):

Before 2000: Dad's locally assembled 3-way speakers.
2000 - 2001: Cambridge Soundworks PC Works 2.1 Active
2001 - 2004: Labtec 2.1 Active
2004 - 2006: Altec Lansing 5.1 Active
2006 - 2009: Wharfedale Loudpanel PPS1
2009 - 2010: Jamo E530
2010 - 2011: Polk Audio TSi300
2011 - Still : Dali Ikon 6

Born in 1971....

1971 - (ever since I could recognize things around the house): a pair of DIY speakers (whaferdale cabinets) with 8-inch bass drivers and 5-inch tweeters

1975 - the DIYs took a back seat and were eventually dismantled and the cabinet given off, the drivers were retained, Dad moved to Hi-Q international

1982 - I took the an old driver from the 1971 speakers and made my first mono speaker (in a cardboard box) which I used with my 1-watt DIY amp and a radio

1987 - Rebuilt those 1971 DIY speakers, this time with cabinets made out of discarded apple boxes. These stereo speakers were driven by a DIY amp and DIY cassette player

1996 - Got my current BPL Sanyo 700T floor standers and still have them. Together with the BPL Sanyo 1000T floor standers, they were the best speakers available in the Indian market at the time. They were driven by a BPL Sanyo CWX79 music system (amp/double cassette deck/tuner), a BPL VCD1000 CD Player and a Panasonic RE WS10 Worldspace Radio till the year 2006 when I moved to NAD on New Year's day.

2012 - B&W DM3000, courtesy Santhosh

This happened at my place.

The FIRST NON MAGNEPLANAR SPEAKER that I have appreciated in 40 years. And I have heard quite a few at various hi fi shows all over the world.

Cannot understand how nobody came forward before Manav Malvai to want to audition these. Manav surely realised that Mazher would only design a great product. Another smart cookie I met was "Locomotive". He made my rear Maggies work well as front speakers (and to think i had these for 3 years and the idea did not occur to me AT ALL.). With a Rs 23000 spend you get sound like that, you must have "vision" or call it whatever you like.

Back to the Resurrection, the bass from that "miniscule woofer" was really astounding. It felt like a much bigger woofer was in action. The highs were silken. Only a "brain" like Mazher could have put this together. Hats off, sir.

I sold my 5.1 on Mazhers advice, am glad that I followed his advice. Now he is taking me towards a "shelving" which I am sure will work. So folks both my stands are for sale. One from England. The other specially fabricated to specs. Lead & sand filled with imported "toughened" glass shelves, granite base etc etc etc.

Cannot understand how nobody came forward before Manav Malvai to want to audition these. Manav surely realised that Mazher would only design a great product.

Sir,
The Resurrection was not designed by me;
It was just 'commissioned' by me.
It was designed & built in Italy by Mr. Joseph Szall.

p.s. Manav too may not have been prepared for what he was in store for. This is a non commercial - non production loudspeaker - done [designed] to produce big sound in a small room with small drivers;;;[so I think] !!

It is a great speaker - I will miss it when it is gone - however, shall be satisfied to learn that it is going to a house where it will be treated well & shall surely be appreciated.....[that was important to me] !! :clapping:

:yahoo:

Thank You for your time & efforts for the co-ordination of the demo [Suresh] along with Manav & Joshua for coming & listening to my humble offering - how I wish other forum members too would have come & heard the speaker before I had it packed & stored in the warehouse - specially Mr. Hari Iyer [since he makes TL Loudspeakers] !!

2003 - Creative Inspire 4400 (Good entry level PC speakers. Use it for music with my PC till date)
2007 - Logitech z5300 (Boomy bass. Unfit for music. Planning to get rid of it)
2012 - Denon 1612 + Jamo HCS426

Great to hear this Malvai :)

Bhagwan Sir, what a speaker history it has been for you. Must be similar for other components in your rack.

Bhagwan wrote the enclcyopedia on exotic brands. Most of us mere mortals can only salivate at the brands and products that have passed through the doors of his apartment/warehouse.

Interesting thread! Guess I missed the whole clay pot stage :)
My history:

1. Panasonic HTIB - 2003-2005
2. Polk Audio R50 and RM6750 - 2005-2010
[Bought, demo'd and returned a few - Polk RTi A9, LSi9, Monitor Audio RX6, B&W CM9]
3. Salk Sound SongTowers - 2010-2011
4. Salk Sound HT2-TL - 2011-present

No plans to upgrade for a whiile
Dreaming of - Vandersteen Model 7

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back