Your power sources - stabilizers, ups, inverters for hifi systems and TV

Hi all,

Could you tell me what you have connected as stabilizer or ups/inverter enroute the AVR, hifi other devices and tv.
Thread started to learn or want recommendations on what to use for your new HT set up? My recommendation would be just go for the vertex servo stab. Many forum members including myself use it and none have faced any issues so far. I have looked at UPS/Conditioners/Inverter and skipped everything and decided to just use a gear that will provide stable voltage and protect during high or low voltage.

No.
Never used them. Don't believe in them. Maybe a quality power strip. Thats it.
That said, when we did live in Bangalore, India and even in Kochi, power was stable 99% of the time so never felt the need of any power treatment. This can be different based on area and location so may warrant for some power conditioning, depending on how bad it is for you.
My stereo, plasma and led tv, home theater, refrigerator, aircon all ran direct off the wall socket.

All my gears are connected to the home inverter , which will kick in as soon as there is a power outage. No additional stabilizers, other than surge protectors to safeguard my electronics.

1.1KVA UPS --> Home single phase circuit
Living Room outlet --> 2.0KVA Servo Stabilizer --> Surge protectors --> AV Gear

Cheers,
Raghu

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back