Your suggestions please on my sound system purchase

Hi nk33333, I'm not a expert in this field. However I would like to put forth the following based on my 3year experience.

For audition contact: Lokesh @ 8105055008, 9972462090, this knows the subject really well to my knowledge. Apart from this check India's audio video home theatre and hi-fi shopping mart. You can PM me for any specific queries.

1) You may ask for suggestion but end of the day, its your ear, buy which your ear likes. Satisfaction is most important in this.
2) Do enough audition, when I started my purchase I went with few guidance. During audition, my perception really changed completely and I end up choosing everything including cables that suit my requirement. Even furniture.

Here is my setup:

ONKYO 609,
Front: Wharfedale Diamond 9.6 (You can definitely consider this)
Rest 5.1setup: Jamo HCS A 101
Digital stabiliser (1KVA)
MX Power Stripper
Wooden Rack

For AVR, you can audition ONKYO. The 6series is good. For Yamaha, I noticed that OSD doesn't display everything and sometimes you may need monitor to see the menu completely. I want to buy YAMAHA but ONKYO just pleased me.

Got a month to finalise.

Just reading reviews. Leaning towards Marantz/Onkyo

matching Large speakers (5.1) suiting to my light music.

Very little chance of auditions.

Dependent on members like you.

Sansei

I also travel to US quite frequently but I am wary of bringing stuff from there for two reasons:

1. There is no warranty for products bought there , in India. And you no electronics!!!

2. Recently govt introduced duties on TVs bought thru flights. So it may apply to receivers as well.

Friend,

U can include me too....

However, I m sourcing through US.

also started a new thread in what to buy?

speak to nk33333, I have given him some inputs based on my previous experience. While buying receiver make sure it has got 2HDMI video OUT. One for TV and another for projector or any secondary display unit. Also take a pen drive with you and get the software update done in the shop itself at the time of purchase. It will take 20mins usually. The update via Ethernet is not safe.

which state in US you reside by. There are some deals going on in Newegg and Frys.

I need to check out speakers with lokesh. Elac sounded very good with NR515. I will check other options with Lokesh.

I need to check out speakers with lokesh. Elac sounded very good with NR515. I will check other options with Lokesh.

Good. As I said, do enough audition with same variety of speakers but different brand and choose the one which your ear likes it. Do remember to take a movie DVD and audio CD with you.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back