Youtube Streaming

Nikhil

Staff member
One of the perks with HT / computer audio is enjoying music also includes watching video feeds. Although not new, these videos on Youtube were usually not very high quality in the early days. But it looks like we have now crossed that threshold with high bandwidth internet. For the past couple of months I have been streaming directly from Youtube to my DAC. For music videos made recently the sound quality has become very decent. With HD music videos switching to 1080 HD also changes the audio stream to high res audio.

Here is a playlist of acoustic Youtube phenomenon Boyce Avenue who have a habit of making some of the new pop music a little more accessible.

Let's see some your favorite music. Fans of all kinds of music please share your favorite music on Youtube.

Regards.

the Audio stream is just AAC 128kbps and can not really compare to CD-quaity .

But yes, its pretty convenient and the new normal - there is no reason why CD quality audio can not start streaming , if they are streaming 4K content these days !

the Audio stream is just AAC 128kbps and can not really compare to CD-quaity .

But yes, its pretty convenient and the new normal - there is no reason why CD quality audio can not start streaming , if they are streaming 4K content these days !

I think it can be more of a revenue issue. The record labels wont like YouTube giving us free content at audio cd sound

But yes it's a good business idea for youtbe to start a paid service .

But maybe not many takers for that and also the issue of what is free content (non copyright) , how to determine material is cd resolution

As it is we audiophiles are far less percentage wise for YouTube to bother

The younger crowd uses Youtube for music a lot - as a matter of fact so do I.
New artists are using Youtube for releasing their own renditions and is already a talent discovery tool.

But apart from that there are several rare perforamances out there that are on Youtube.
Here is a superb Zakir Hussain and Rakesh Chaurasia performance from Crossroads Festival, Poland

Here is a piece by Ola Gjielo called "Tundra" from his album "Ola Gjielo: Voices, Piano, Strings"
This is a type of music that does not get attention of traditional western classical enthusiasts but is very enjoyable nevertheless

the Audio stream is just AAC 128kbps and can not really compare to CD-quality .

It might be 128 kbps ,but it can not be compared to a 128 kbps MP3 as the AAC is much more of an advanced compression than mp3. Ofcourse CD's are much better in an audiophile scenario, but I find myself listening to much more music from YouTube nowadays than CD's.

Original Blade Runner Theme by Vangelis. You can crank up the volume to this one especially if you're running a Sub.

Very loooong ..... the final titles start at 1:48:37 this particular section will let you know how good your setup is at deciphering complex pieces - sadly my Soundsticks came up short. Must get some good Speakers for my main system soon!

When it comes to Youtube, i have found this new channel, i think its Vietnamese Channel. He has got a big pretty collection.I think it is awesome.
He uses Flac files, for streaming music on youtube. Worth Subscribing.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS7pESFJu6YlJWJHRbzAZMw

Thanks Zaheed Kazi! This is exactly the kind of channel that showcases Youtube music.
This is a superb collection of music for anyone to experience ...

OK this is one I uploaded myself on my Youtube channel "Worldmelodies". This was made from the original VHS Tape I bought a long time ago. The original file was ripped at 320kbs audio but I don't know if You tube have messed about with it but sounds OK.

Amazing Guitar playing by these two legends. The final segment I find mesmerizing from the time I bought the original VHS to this day.

Last edited:
One of the perks with HT / computer audio is enjoying music also includes watching video feeds. Although not new, these videos on Youtube were usually not very high quality in the early days. But it looks like we have now crossed that threshold with high bandwidth internet. For the past couple of months I have been streaming directly from Youtube to my DAC. For music videos made recently the sound quality has become very decent. With HD music videos switching to 1080 HD also changes the audio stream to high res audio.

Here is a playlist of acoustic Youtube phenomenon Boyce Avenue who have a habit of making some of the new pop music a little more accessible.

Let's see some your favorite music. Fans of all kinds of music please share your favorite music on Youtube.

Regards.

Just the thread for bumstuck like me. Youtube has vast unexplored content. Here is one I stumbled

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back