Zinwell ZP 500

Hello everyone..
I am using this player from a month.. I am glad to say that it plays all of my files & is a much better option comparing to other players.. The seller syngwind also has more players for kaiboer also which are also very good players i have seen it.. I had personally visited his office and saw those players.. this guy has a lot of information about the media players industry and keeps on bringing new products.. you can also visit his website for the players in which he deals in.. transinnovators.com

Did I waste lot of bucks in a hurried purchase of WDTV live ?? :confused::confused:

nutin like that santy.. these players are now popping up.. and not sure bout the reliability and other stuff. WDTV is a brand so no worries.. we are looking for cheaper n better options.. and technology changes everyday..

we buy a tv today and next days we have a better tv at lesser price..
(moh maya ka tyaag karo baccha) :)

Any updates on who bought what? Appreciate your reviews on Zinwel thanks

I went in for a Seagate Freeagent Theatre+ over Zinwell because I feel it is better to go in for a reputed brand than a relatively unknown one. The price difference between the two is marginal. Till date it has played everything I have thrown at it. The only feature in which Zinwell scores over Seagate is that Zinwell supports External DVD ROM via USB. I don't know if Seagate supports this feature. Even if they don't , I'm sure a simple firmware upgrade can take care of it. All this is assuming the feature is not already there and if the company feels this is a necessary feature.

Guys
I am planning to go for Zinwell ZP 500. I have a few queries which i have listed out below.
1. Where do we get it in Pune. (If we dont get it in Pune is it advisable to order it in ebay.in as i havent purchased any thin through ebay.in yet?)
2. I had gone through the specs and i find Zinwell better than WD TV Live in terms of video and audio support (mandate). My req is to get Dolby and DTS. Kindly suggest.
3. would like to know about the quality of sound from the owners of Zinwell. I am planning to connect my external Seagate 500 GB HDD to it. I guess it supports . Please confirm.
4. I do not have an HDMI port in my AVR so if i connect the HDMI from Zinwell to TV (Samsung) directly for the video and optical cable to my AVR for the audio would it be fine? Would there be any lag or any other prob if i connect it this way? Correct me if i am wrong.

Being a novice to all these i had put forward the above queries. I would really appreciate if people can help me out.

I have been using it for over 2 months now. I think it is a good media player overall, happy with it performance and seems to be supporting almost all video types I had in my collections.
I tried couple of things which I want to update on this forum.
1. For people who want to use it as a DVD player too, my recommendation is not to go for it. I brought a USB DVD Drive and plugged to it only to figure out that it cannot play encrypted dvds. Most of the DVDs in the market are encrypted, so it is kind of a bummer.
2. I also tried connecting the zinwell wifi dongle, but only to get disappointed again. It does not remember configuration, loses connection and the diagnostics and interface to register and download torrents is very pre-mature. So I don't recommend it either. Still not successful in using wifi reliably once.

Other two problems I observed is the documentation on the web for this product is very limited and the unit really becomes hot if you keep it on for long time.

Best place to buy is ebay, but you need to keep a watch because the price seems to varying from time to time so you need to keep an eye and catch at the lowest price. Currently is shipping at 4.8K which I think is a reasonable price.

I received mine yesterday and it played flawlessly. No issues what so ever and at 4799/- including shipping, I guess its a no brainer.
The picture quality and sound is quite good.

Only grouse: It gets quite hot.
Other then that, its a steal at this price point.

I have almost finalized on this one from eBay. Selling for 5699 with Wifi Antenna. It was a long long wait for me in deciding things.... there is a 5% cashback for 5000 and above purchases and I can opt for a 3 month EMI purchase using HDFC Credit Card...

Enough of thinking....I have had severe headache for several weeks now in deciding on the media player to go for. I have finally purchased the Zinwell ZP 500 on eBay for Rs. 5,699 with Wifi adapter. I used the HDFC Bank code that allowed me to pick it up in 3 months EMI. Also would get a 5% cashback (Rs. 250)... Uppppphhh!!!!! I did it.

Got my Zinwell ZP 500 delivered yesterday finally. I bought it on eBay with Wifi Adapter for Rs. 5699. The seller sent the item quickly but the local Professional Couriers guys took 3 business days to deliver the shipment to me when their local office is barely a kilometer away from my home. When the delivery boy arrives at my doorstep, and when I ask him about the delay, he tells with a care a damn attitude, "I am not the actual delivery boy for this area. All the staff in this branch have quit and so these people have requested me to deliver and I am doing it. Complain to whoever you want to..." I wanted to kick him and punch him on the face with his answer... The Media Player cooled me down.. Yet to connect and play with it.... Will keep posted...

how does it compare with asus O play , in video Q. (not features)

Not sure about the comparison. I played a few 720p mkv files and the video PQ seemed great for me.

I have recently got a iomega Prestige 320 GB 2.5" external hard disk. I had a few issues with that. I got a brand new one and when I connected it to an XP, it recognized it straight away and when I am setup for copying files, I did attempt to copy 100+ GB in one shot.. The process hung up after almost finishing 80%. Then I had to cancel the copy and then when I went to the explorer, windows was not able to recognize the disk and kept telling me that the disk was not formatted and if i wanted to do that. I tried formatting the disk (NTFS only ofcourse) and windows always failed to format the disk. Finally I was able to format the disk with a free utility from HP. Copied the files... In the process of copying the files, it failed many times saying that the device could not be found.. I had to unplug and copy the files from the failed file again.. This way, I copied the files and then when I plugged it to my Zinwell ZP 500, it did show up the disk.. I had problem playing some m2ts files and the player sometimes said I/O error. I am feeling a bit low with these issues. It was able to play the mkv files however. When I try to play an m2ts file, the player hangs and stops responding. I have to power off and on the player to start from the beginning. Help!! Help!!!

Looks like a bad sector issue. Try some disk scan utility (google it)...if bad sectors found then ask for replacement if still under warranty.

I recently purchased this player and really disappointed for having chosen this product.
The player terribly becomes very hot just after an hour usage and device hangs and need to power off and wait to cool the device for some time before starting again.
Though the player advertises to play virtually all Audio/Video formats...it didn't play the YouTube video files that were saved from the internet..(strange !!!) gives codec error and device gets hanged and same with playing m2ts files....

I recently purchased this player and really disappointed for having chosen this product.
The player terribly becomes very hot just after an hour usage and device hangs and need to power off and wait to cool the device for some time before starting again.
Though the player advertises to play virtually all Audio/Video formats...it didn't play the YouTube video files that were saved from the internet..(strange !!!) gives codec error and device gets hanged and same with playing m2ts files....

check if they have got any firmware upgrades.. also email them stating this is a safety hazard( trick that works ) you will get a return..

write in email stating it got very hot and almost caused 1st degree burn..

and not playing formats...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back