Owner/Expert view on Samy 51e8000

pralhadz

Hi,

Does anyone own this tv on forum?
I couldn't get much info about this tv on forum however could see reviews on net.

Let me know if you have any experience of demoing or owning this tv.

I was following it up along with 50st50. Though I was inclined more towards panny but seems no good deals in Hyderabad. Previously 51e8000 was costlier than 50st50 and even now if you look in US market.

Please tell me if both comes at almost same price and following offer what would you choose?

50st50:
printer + 2 3d-glass + hungama.com + 3 year Warranty (1+2yr only on panel)

51E8000:
galaxy 7.0 tab + 51 DVDs bundle + 4 3d-glass + Universal Remote + 1 year Warranty (It can be extended with service contract)

Please do reply.

The freebee's on Samsung are more VFM in my opinion.

When I was hunting, no one kept any demo model of 51E8000. And hence I could not make any comparison.

Thanks dear.

Even I felt same. In fact I heard if dealer meets some specific targets set by company then they can get 7-20% off on high end plasmas. I am planning to consider it if I stuck something.

50st50:

51E8000:
galaxy 7.0 tab + 51 DVDs bundle + 4 3d-glass + Universal Remote + 1 year Warranty (It can be extended with service contract)

Please do reply.

Whats the price quoted for both models?

Offers are absolutely killer for Samsung, only problem is that I never have seen this personally in any shop(be it Multibrand or Sansung dealer). International review of this model is at par with ST50 if not better.

But remember one thing panasonic plasmas are proven over time, Samsung/LG are not so. If you are not distracted by the add on goodies panasonic should be lil bit ahead(52-48). So make your decision wisely :)

I was following 50st50 and E8000 from last 2-3 months. Prices for 50st50 dropped from 110000 to 103000 and for E8000 it was for 120000 but couple of days back it's been reduced to 95000 for festive season. And as I said if you are lucky enough may get more bonus (7-20%) from dealer on high end plasma that they get sometime from company.

I could view demo long back but because of price didn't analyze it however now no demo piece in and around showroom.

Offers are absolutely killer for Samsung, only problem is that I never have seen this personally in any shop(be it Multibrand or Sansung dealer). International review of this model is at par with ST50 if not better.

But remember one thing panasonic plasmas are proven over time, Samsung/LG are not so. If you are not distracted by the add on goodies panasonic should be lil bit ahead(52-48). So make your decision wisely :)
Even I had same opinion however after dealing and following with Panny I felt it's really pathetic at least here in hyderabad

50st50 VS 51E8000 is no contest, 51E8000 should be compared with VT50.

This year all of Panasonic plasma's have great blacks but at the cost of panel brightness.

TelevisionInfo.com
Thanks.

Considering price and other factors I have decided to take plunge and booked one.
I have been told that I might get delivery today or max tomorrow.

Just waiting for it.

Anyone knows how to check running hours for this set?

I have came to know one of nearby showroom that they got 19 booking in just 2 days and 40+ from their main distributor and seems it's out of stock now.

I haven't seen any inquiries on forum so not sure if any fellow member also booked it.

The most important parameter for me causing confusion between Samsung and Panasonic plasma(let it be any model) is the availability of 3 year warranty provided by Panasonic. Thinking more about it, my brain pulls me towards Panasonic though I have always been a Samsung guy at heart.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Menu software must be pretty much consistent and similar in all Samsung plazas. Not exactly sure but try looking for usage checking for E550 plasma. Try that out and most likely it will work.

BTW, what is the unit street selling price?

51 E8000 is now available in Chennai with jd electronics Chennai for 85K plus shipping for people outside Chennai, i will start a new thread so members can make use of this amazing deal.

Personally i feel for the price this plasma is a steal and Samsung offering a galaxy tab free with each of this television.

Menu software must be pretty much consistent and similar in all Samsung plazas. Not exactly sure but try looking for usage checking for E550 plasma. Try that out and most likely it will work.

BTW, what is the unit street selling price?
(Samsung Retail price + including state tax and all): 95000

You can get bonus discount which gets discounted against this dealer/distributor around 6-20%

If the TV is available for 90K or less :licklips:, it will be really worth. It may be better than ST50 and GT50. Who knows? Be it as it may, it is total ???? ????.

That's what I thought and decided to go for it. I was feeling leftover and couldn't get any deal after seeing launch deals.

51 E8000 is now available in Chennai with jd electronics Chennai for 85K plus shipping for people outside Chennai, i will start a new thread so members can make use of this amazing deal.

Personally i feel for the price this plasma is a steal and Samsung offering a galaxy tab free with each of this television.

Let me know if you could help on this.. this is real steal for the price.
Hope Panasonic guys are listening to this and its high time!!

Please PM me for details if you could- thanks!

Hi,

Does anyone own this tv on forum?
I couldn't get much info about this tv on forum however could see reviews on net.

Let me know if you have any experience of demoing or owning this tv.

I was following it up along with 50st50. Though I was inclined more towards panny but seems no good deals in Hyderabad. Previously 51e8000 was costlier than 50st50 and even now if you look in US market.

Please tell me if both comes at almost same price and following offer what would you choose?

50st50:

51E8000:

Please do reply.

I know this is late post, for others it may help.

Samsung PN51E8000 Review - Watch CNET's Video Review

I know this is late post, for others it may help.

Samsung PN51E8000 Review - Watch CNET's Video Review

That Cnet review is pretty useless and does not give any in depth details.

Panasonic VT50 Vs. Samsung E8000 Flagship Plasma TVs - TelevisionInfo.com

Samsung E8000 review - FlatpanelsHD

TelevisionInfo.com

Let me know if you could help on this.. this is real steal for the price.
Hope Panasonic guys are listening to this and its high time!!

Please PM me for details if you could- thanks!

you can call them directly the price applies to whoever buys from them.

I have started a separate thread for the deal here.

http://www.hifivision.com/hot-deals/30473-samsung-ps51e8000-plasma-amazing-offer.html

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back