“To keep the plastic on or not” Physical protection of HiFi equipment (not electrical protection)

Does keeping the protective plastic film on for long periods (warranty expired etc) help boost resale value?

I wish Marantz and Denon would stop pasting those stickers on the front panel of the avr. It makes the units look cheap with all that advtg which was rampant in the 80's and 90's on TV's and VCR's.
Instead of wasting money on stickers, they could have printed user manuals which are more useful.

Covering the input jacks is a bit too ocd for me.
However, there’s one thing I’ve been doing with my speaker grilles for years: using the packing material as an extra layer of protection against dust. Since I never listen to music with the grilles on, it works just fine for me.

CCE61BC9-0197-41C3-BE6F-9C7917B35C61.jpeg

Any option to cover the unused HDMI ports from getting dust accumulated? I could see option suggested for RCA ports but not HDMI.

A suggestion For both the above queries: a piece of electrical insulation tape would keep them covered. Inelegant but functional as these ports are at the back.
Agreed! Only problem with insulation tape is, when its removed, it will leave a glue residue. But, I think, we can clean using little bit of Aftershave lotion or IPA solution, I think.

A suggestion For both the above queries: a piece of electrical insulation tape would keep them covered. Inelegant but functional as these ports are at the back.
Thanks Analogous, I thought about that but was thinking about the residue and the mark it leaves after removal as suggested by Selvaa.

Use 3M scotch tape. Better adhesive. Doesn't leave too much residue.
To remove residue, use acetone to remove glue residue and wipe down with iso propyl alcohol. Acetone is usually found in eye makeup remover. Don't let your wife read this or you'll be in trouble.

Cheers,
Raghu

Google
"XLR Cover Caps"
&
"RCA Cover Caps"

Here is one such vendor

Aliexpress also sold RCA & XLR caps very cheap, but I believe deliveries from Ali Express to India no longer come thru ?

Another simple solution is to plug in a XLR connector into the unused socket. It will keep the socket clean, free of dust and corrosion. Cheap XLR plugs and sockets are available for less than the price of the above Dust Caps !!!

Like @IndianEars said, amazon has a lot of cheap dust covers for all kinds of ports.

Silicone (a tad expensive) > rubber > plastic.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back