“TRUENO” - A 3-Way Vented Enclosure with 18 Inch Sub, 10 Inch Mid and a Compression Drive.

I always make a 3D drawing in a CAD software to get the exact volume after deducting the volume of braces or any other things which are inside the enclosure. The total volume i will get after reducing the volume of braces and crossover chamber will be as per design.

Update:

Today attached the crossover chamber with rear panel of both enclosures.
IMG-20200820-WA0046.jpg
IMG-20200820-WA0049.jpg

IMG-20200820-WA0044.jpg
IMG-20200820-WA0048.jpg

This chamber was 125 mm deep. I thought the beauty of crossover PCB's will not be visible so i cut the chamber and made it shallow. I have reduced the depth by approx 60 mm, I don't think there will be much difference if the final volume of enclosure will be increased by 1 - 2 ltrs.

Looks like a monster in the making. How many projects are you doing in parallel?

MaSh

Update:

Assembly of one enclosure is completed toady & for second enclosure the last baffle is glued and clamped. It is left for drying overnight. Just have a look at the Beast.

IMG-20200828-WA0022.jpg

I have now started collecting some tool boxes from "Makita". Today I bought two new Tool-Boxes for storing my power tools, Makita is becoming like a family member now .. lol. Jokes apart, These tool boxes from Makita are really very high quality and good thing is it can be stacked one over the another and can be locked to become a single tool box, as seen in below photo.

IMG-20200828-WA0021.jpg

Your enthusiasm is quite exemplary...

woodworking can be very relaxing for those interested in it...

I know a few friends abroad and 1 more in India who are invested into woodworking even after 60.

Collecting working tools is shows commitment..

one thing a DiYér knows - is that.
it is possible to make a product at less than half the sticker price and have almost or better than same performance and once that idea is settles in the mind... then its hard to go back to branded stuff again !

keep it going !

This is an amazing project !!! Well done ! What's the total volume (in ltrs) of the enclosures ? Are they going to be ported (what port tuning frequency ?) or are they going to have Aperiodic vents ? Built cabinets for my Tannoy Monitor Gold 15 inch drivers and started by designing ported but finally turned them into Aperiodic vented cabinets which sound much better.

This is an amazing project !!! Well done ! What's the total volume (in ltrs) of the enclosures ? Are they going to be ported (what port tuning frequency ?) or are they going to have Aperiodic vents ? Built cabinets for my Tannoy Monitor Gold 15 inch drivers and started by designing ported but finally turned them into Aperiodic vented cabinets which sound much better.

The Total Volume for Sub is 300 Ltrs. It is Ported and tuned for around 35hz it has square vent at the Bottom. The Mid chamber is sealed with total volume of 34 ltrs.

Today's Update:
Assembly of both enclosure is complete and now sanding process has started. I had just bought a belt sand for this built, what an amazing sander, It just took around 15 minutes to sand this complete enclosure with 180 grit sand paper. In-fact it took more time to turn around the sides during sanding.
IMG_20200830_121301.jpg

IMG_20200830_123206.jpg

It was a "MAKKHAN" experience using this sander, see the video below. The sander itself is very heavy, I do not have to apply any pressure on it.

Now I have applied putty on all joints and tomorrow it will be sanded again with 240 grit sanding paper.

Thanks for your response to my earlier query.

What sound damping material are you using on the inside of the panels ? Bitumen ?

Thanks for your response to my earlier query.

What sound damping material are you using on the inside of the panels ? Bitumen ?
It will be Recron.

Today Update. Sanded off the excess putty from all the joints and rounded the corner.
IMG_20200831_185403.jpg

IMG_20200831_191119.jpg

Todays work was even quicker than yesterday as i had helping hand. The owner itself was present today and helped with the sanding. I am never short on tools... just have a look below. Those are 150 mm Orbital sanders from "Bosch" & belt sander from "Makita."
IMG_20200831_190000.jpg
Still 1 sander is missing from the group photo.. A 125 mm Orbital sander from Bosch.

Router In Action

Interesting read from Troels - see what he says about Bitumen -

http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/cabinet-damping.htm

This was interesting read. Thanky ou for share @quad

Moving on to todays update.
I have applied sanding sealer, the base for every paint job on wooden surface. I am using Asian Paints Emporio PU Clear Sealer. This Product is made in Italy and is totally imported.

IMG-20200901-WA0019.jpg

IMG-20200901-WA0020.jpg

IMG-20200901-WA0026.jpg

IMG-20200901-WA0022.jpg

Sorry about the quality of photos. It was not shot on my Mobile

Update:
Sanded the First 2 coats of Sanding sealer with 400 grit paper.
IMG_20200902_192501.jpg
The white power seen is the powder of sanding sealer. I had sanded all the sides, Now again I have coated the surfaces with 3 coats of sanding sealer.
Again it will be sanded with 400 grit sanding paper. Thanks to my tools i get the job done within minutes. I also had a helping hand today for painting job. He is the painter for my engineering shop. He also enjoys working on my Projects.
IMG_20200902_200820.jpg

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back