“TRUENO” - A 3-Way Vented Enclosure with 18 Inch Sub, 10 Inch Mid and a Compression Drive.

@sadik
What application will this speaker be used for? It looks quite huge for home use (well, at least for Mumbai type homes).
Yes that's for home. I know it will be a overkill, but thats the demand.

The 18" LF looks like to be an Eminence driver.

As I had assumed 18" Eminence Delta.
With 2" voice coil.

No its not.

Excellent build-up.

The woofers are looks like reconned ones with local cones.
Are they original?

100% Original Bhai. Not reconed.

It look same, but they are not "Eminence"

Great build. The effort and hardwork behind the project is quite appreciable. The internal bracings are very well planned. The power tools involved in the process is quite rare here in India by any DIY build. Usually we see carpenters using the desi juggard in such a build. This is a build which is carried out abroad by DIY's and semi professionals.

Great build. The effort and hardwork behind the project is quite appreciable. The internal bracings are very well planned. The power tools involved in the process is quite rare here in India by any DIY build. Usually we see carpenters using the desi juggard in such a build. This is a build which is carried out abroad by DIY's and semi professionals.

Thank You Sir... I too appreciate your skills, You are master when it comes to restoration. And really appreciate your skills & the power tools used, when you restored these beauties Altec 416

Final Photos.

View attachment 51642

View attachment 51643

The crossover will need little tuning which will be done when our FM @Aniket will join me in next month. By the Way the Bass from 18 inch is something different..... you can feel it just like the thunder... & thats why I have named it "Trueno"

Awesome! I know the bass from 18 inch speakers as used them professional in DJ setups in W Bins for Lows......Enjoy!

Finally the Legend @Aniket is in Baroda, Yesterday we had tuned the crossovers of these Monsters. Now they sound even more balanced, clean and clear.
View attachment 53657

Now I can officially declare this project as completed.
@sadik, i am sure that we will see a lot of photos of you with speakers. So it you dont mind me asking, how tall are you? this will help in providing a size reference for your creations. :)

That's a hilarious ask!!
well if he we 5'2" these speakers would be big. but if he were 6'2" they would be MASSIVE.

actually if we know the driver size, one can anyway calculate but that's a more intellectual exercise.
18" driver = approx 24" width. (by eyeballing0
24" width => 2:1 baffle aspect (by eyeballing) = 48" speaker height.
so maybe Sadik is about 65" or 5'5" (after 3 cascading assumptions)

see how quickly the thread got hijacked? ;-)

well if he we 5'2" these speakers would be big. but if he were 6'2" they would be MASSIVE.

actually if we know the driver size, one can anyway calculate but that's a more intellectual exercise.

True no ?

:))

U r very close I am 5'4"
True no ?

:))
Absolutely...:D

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back