“TRUENO” - A 3-Way Vented Enclosure with 18 Inch Sub, 10 Inch Mid and a Compression Drive.

Update.

Today I had made holes for speaker connectors as seen in below photo.
IMG_20200907_201335.jpg
IMG_20200907_201349.jpg

Now the enclosures are ready for final clear coat. So Today I had sprayed on the bottom and back surface of enclosure. I want to finish these two sides first & then after drying this coat, the enclosure will be turned facing the front side up and then remaining sides will be done. I don't want to do the extra labor of turning the enclosure back and forth.

IMG_20200907_201412.jpg
IMG_20200907_203406.jpg
IMG_20200907_203415.jpg
IMG_20200907_203423.jpg

I have been silently watching and admiring your work Sadik, fantastic as always. Actually I am very envious of your skills. I was imagining you building something like a Klipschorn clone. Keep up the great work :)

Thankyou Bro... Some day sure if I get the plans I may try my hands on them.

In past, I have already made the La scala type bass enclosure in the year 2000 with particle board. I used to play them on terrace during Uttrayan (kite flying festival in Gujarat), Unfortunately It did not lasted long. And during that time I didnt had camera to capure the built photos.

Update:

Assembly of one enclosure is completed toady & for second enclosure the last baffle is glued and clamped. It is left for drying overnight. Just have a look at the Beast.

View attachment 49059

I have now started collecting some tool boxes from "Makita". Today I bought two new Tool-Boxes for storing my power tools, Makita is becoming like a family member now .. lol. Jokes apart, These tool boxes from Makita are really very high quality and good thing is it can be stacked one over the another and can be locked to become a single tool box, as seen in below photo.

View attachment 49060
Update.
Yesterday assembled the top wall of the Second Enclosure, During the assembly of top in first enclosure i had made desi jugaad, but for this one i had already mentioned another way to extend clamps in the first post. A total of 10 Clamps ( 24 Inch Medium Duty IRWIN) & 2 Clamps of (36 Inch Heavy Duty IRWIN ) were used to make 6 Nos Long clamps. Enjoy the Below Photos.View attachment 48175

In the below photo a nut & bolt can be seen which was used to hold both clamps together.
View attachment 48176

View attachment 48177

Now assembly of back & bottom is pending for both Enclosures. Before assembling these both walls, I need to first make the chamber on back which will have cross-over fitted inside it.

Apart from the enclosures i am crazy for my collection of tools also and with each built i keep updating my tools so the latest update is a Plunge attachment for my Makita router and a Tool Box. Below is some treat for your eyes.

Plunge Attachment
View attachment 48178

View attachment 48179

View attachment 48180

Toolbox
View attachment 48182

View attachment 48181

Sadik.
Hi,
I really appreciate your passion towards your audio projects and dedication towards your working tools. Can you help me acquire Makita's Makpack Type 4 storage box. I too have the complete attachments and accessories of the RT 0700C with all the three base attachments. I am not getting this Makita's storage box over here in Kolkata.
Will be eagerly waiting for your reply.
With regards
Vivek Jaiswal
9331927102 (what's app)

Hi,
I really appreciate your passion towards your audio projects and dedication towards your working tools. Can you help me acquire Makita's Makpack Type 4 storage box. I too have the complete attachments and accessories of the RT 0700C with all the three base attachments. I am not getting this Makita's storage box over here in Kolkata.
Will be eagerly waiting for your reply.
With regards
Vivek Jaiswal
9331927102 (what's app)

Thankyou Vivek, I will check with the dealer and let you know.

A similar design from JBL's discontinued model from the early 90's. The renowned JBL SR 4738A / 3 way design
using
18"/ 2241G , 600W woofer.
10" / 2123H as midrange.
1" Titanium diaphragm / 2416H horn loaded compression high.

Attachments

• images.jpeg-136.jpg
    images.jpeg-136.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 80
  • images.jpeg-138.jpg
    images.jpeg-138.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 81
  • images.jpeg-137.jpg
    images.jpeg-137.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 79
  • images.jpeg-139.jpg
    images.jpeg-139.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 76
Update:

Today I had applied Recron on the internal walls of enclosure and fitted the drivers of one enclosure. Below is the first look after driver fitment. The 4 holes on the edges are for grill guides which are yet to be fitted.

IMG_20200913_151938.jpg

Tomorrow I will continue with the second one.

@sadik
What application will this speaker be used for? It looks quite huge for home use (well, at least for Mumbai type homes).

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back