1.3 Year old Marantz NR 1506 dead!!

arnab12

Hello Members,
I had bought the Marantz NR 1506 last year(Aug 2016) & was happily enjoying it until suddenly(Oct 2017), the audio output went blank. I realised the HDMI outputs are also not working. Did a reset etc, did not work. Took it to the Marantz Service Center & after they tried repairing the panel, it was suggested that the HDMI Panel needs to be changed which will cost a bomb. I took it back & tried connecting it thru the Optical out & AV cables without any success. Has any member faced similar issues with Marantz before? Do I have an option of a local repair(in Mumbai)? or any workaround? Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Arnav

Hello Members,
I had bought the Marantz NR 1506 last year(Aug 2016) & was happily enjoying it until suddenly(Oct 2017), the audio output went blank. I realised the HDMI outputs are also not working. Did a reset etc, did not work. Took it to the Marantz Service Center & after they tried repairing the panel, it was suggested that the HDMI Panel needs to be changed which will cost a bomb. I took it back & tried connecting it thru the Optical out & AV cables without any success. Has any member faced similar issues with Marantz before? Do I have an option of a local repair(in Mumbai)? or any workaround? Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Arnav

Sorry abt your bad experience with in 2 yrs of ownership.. There isn't much you could do if it is HDMI board failure..What is the cost of buying new HDMI board?..

Since it is only 2 months after your warranty period, speak to MZ Audio and insist if they can waive off some % on HDMI board..

Hello Members,

Best Regards,
Arnav

sorry to read that. am PMing you a number of someone who *might* know something that could be of help to you.

Sorry abt your bad experience with in 2 yrs of ownership.. There isn't much you could do if it is HDMI board failure..What is the cost of buying new HDMI board?..

Since it is only 2 months after your warranty period, speak to MZ Audio and insist if they can waive off some % on HDMI board..
Thanks...they quoted around 18k Plus GST...Phew :(

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back