100W HIFI Amp

Yes,
It would be a standalone PCB. and could be used with any amplifier and would soft start transformers with ratings upto 1000VA.

In fact you could use any protection circuit, as far as it has some delayed start up and DC protection.
Talking about this protection kit, maybe you would require two of these for a stereo amp.
It doesn't have a soft start circuit i think.

Dear Aniket;

Only one speaker protection circuit.The circuit employs a double contact relay for breaking speaker contacts,

In fact you could use any protection circuit, as far as it has some delayed start up and DC protection.
Talking about this protection kit, maybe you would require two of these for a stereo amp.
It doesn't have a soft start circuit i think.

Dear Aniket;

Only one speaker protection circuit required for stereo.The circuit employs a double contact relay for breaking speaker contacts and it doesn't have a soft start circuit

Last edited:
PCB for speaker protection and soft start.
ProtectSoftstart_zpsc180072f.gif~original
[/URL][/IMG]

After a long wait, I received the PCB's. Pretty decent quality considering manufactured locally.
IMG_20140324_221515_zps557010e3.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_20140324_221456_zps9c17eab9.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

Made a power supply for testing with 20000uF capacitance per rail.

IMG_20140324_202356_zps29662ea0.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

Populated the boards, power transistors would be mounted later after drilling holes on the main heatsink.
IMG_20140324_220302_zpsabd5d6e7.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_20140324_220144_zpsce55d2ff.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_20140324_201810_zps41e71815.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

The power amp board is pretty compact though.
IMG_20140324_220113_zpsb8a72c1e.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

Can't wait to finish build and hear It;)

Cheers!!!
Aniket

Last edited:
The prototype is built and tested

IMG_20140325_180939_zps63bae04a.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

I used my good old 12-0-12V,3A transformer for testing. For the input stages i tried 2n5551/5401, BC546/556 and Mpsa42/92, all of them worked good.
At first power on, i didn't connected any source and speaker. Checked the DC on the output, 2.5mV good. Checked all components for abnormal heating up,... none, good, checked the rail voltages 17.8V and -17.8V DC respectively.. good.
Next, set the bias at 7.6mV across the 0.22 ohm resistors and rechecked the DC offset, stable at 2.5mV. good, then let the amp powered up for around 15mins and rechecked the bias, stable at 7.6mV... great.
Then connected my laptop as the source and my main speakers, played through some instrumentals and bass tracks,
the result..,,,, you would see shortly, I would put the link of the video on youtube. Uploading is in progress. 1.1GB requires some time;)
I would frankly and honestly say that I am very satisfied with the sound quality of this amp, and it's still powerful enough for a home system.

I would get the transformer in a few days, stay tuned for the final build.:D

Cheers!!!
Aniket

Here's the link to the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my3aGomdNMA&feature=youtu.be

Please excuse me for the background noises and disturbances. also for my scattered and messed up room.:D

The camera mic cannot pickup deep bass notes, in personal, the bass was really tight and deep.
Mids and highs were very detailed and open.
I am totally satisfied with the performance of this amp.
:)

Here's the link to the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my3aGomdNMA&feature=youtu.be

Please excuse me for the background noises and disturbances. also for my scattered and messed up room.:D

The camera mic cannot pickup deep bass notes, in personal, the bass was really tight and deep.
Mids and highs were very detailed and open.
I am totally satisfied with the performance of this amp.
:)

Already a subscriber of your YT account, this video is cool 13:57 min long. Mid and hi fq are good. A good thing about this video is that the speakers are on the ear level this time. If it works on +-17, it will sing well with +-27 (I have a spare trafo). Good job Aniket :clapping:

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back