100W HIFI Amp

Hi,

Congrats and Nice video ... it was great sound , although i know that mic had limitations, it sounded nice and specially the sound of tabla

Regards

Tanoj

Thanks all for the complements:)

Great news, and please provide info for a GB of the boards/kits when ready.

Great work :clapping:

Let me know if there is GB for the board and components !

I had already mentioned before regarding the GB of the kit. Here's the update in this regard:

1. 2 Channel complete kit(assembled or knock down) including main heatsink: 4374 INR.
2. 2 Channel complete kit(assembled or knock down) without main heatsink: 3374 INR.
3. 2 Channel PCBs only: 500 INR.
4. Power Supply PCB: 300 INR.

I urge all, who are interested please let me know within 3 days so that I could start collecting the remaining parts. Also, I would like to request that the payment has to be advance as I am bit low on bank balance after shedding ~10000 INR alone on the PCB's.
One more thing I would like to mention is, that I changed the input and small signal transistors to BC546/556(in BOM too), as these are easily available everywhere and sourcing these would not be an issue. please note that pinouts are reversed compared to the originally used.

Regards,
Aniket:)

Attachments

• Final BOM 100W Stereo Amp.pdf
    35.1 KB · Views: 96
Thanks all for the complements:)

I had already mentioned before regarding the GB of the kit. Here's the update in this regard:

1. 2 Channel complete kit(assembled or knock down) including main heatsink: 4374 INR.

Regards,
Aniket:)

Does this complete kit includes all the components to be populated on the amp board (except the power supply board of course) ?

Does this complete kit includes all the components to be populated on the amp board (except the power supply board of course) ?

Yes, two complete amp modules(all components mentioned in BOM).

Regards,
Aniket

Kindly count me in for
1. 2 channel complete kit assembled
2. 1 power supply board complete kit assembled.

I will send a PM by updating the choice and no. of capacitors required as a table for ease of understanding..(you validated a version of it already earlier though)

Yes, two complete amp modules(all components mentioned in BOM).

Regards,
Aniket

BTW, is it possible to do an ebay.in listing ?
I don't have a smartphone at the moment and can't utilize my bank's mobile banking app so its much easier for me to use my debit card.
My bank is always very busy and I might have to spend a lot of time for IMPS @ bank branch.

PCB's reserved for interested Gentlemen are listed below:

Linuxguru: 4 PCB's.
Rbalu: 2 amp modules with 1 power supply module.
SkTaliyan: 2 Amp modules with 1 power supply module.

4 PCBs are for me(2 for a friend and 2 for me).

PCB's left:
Amplifier: 8
Power Supply: 17

Do let me know any more interested dudes.:cool:

Regards,
Aniket

Hello Aniket can the two channels be bridged as a mono channel. If not can provision be made!!

Cheers

Hello Aniket can the two channels be bridged as a mono channel. If not can provision be made!!

Cheers

Hello Sir,

Yes, two channels could be bridged to make a mono amplifier, for that you need a bridging adapter which could be made with an opamp.

Regards,
Aniket

Oh very good, will get back to you. You can count me in for two stereo sets of PCBs (for two channels bridged) and the requisite power supply boards. Will PM you.

Cheers

Got the transformer, heatsinks and the remaining parts today.
Tested the amp with the full supply voltage +/-50V DC. Sound is even more powerful and warm.
Some pics:
IMG_20140328_171431_zpsb3517d32.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_20140328_171507_zpsa2686bb1.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG-20140328-00381_zpsfe763dfb.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG-20140328-00382_zpsa02a326d.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

Transformer is a 35-0-35,500VA 175mm wide, 65mm tall, weighs 6kgs.

Heatsink dimensions are 110mm width, 300mm length and 40mm fins.

Cheers!!:)

Build Complete.:yahoo:

I had a spare case left from my 250W amp project. After whole day of drilling screwing, soldering the amp is complete with integrated volume, bass and treble controls.
Some pics:
IMG_1027_zps4946fddc.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1026_zps21ea41dd.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1030_zpsac724bd8.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1029_zps307f51a4.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1025_zps2b2843c5.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1024_zpsa5549d8f.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1028_zpsa54d39b2.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

Temperature here in Delhi scorch to 45+, so I installed a 220V AC fan in the rear to exhaust hot air out. amps like to run cool;)

Well the amp case looks very ugly(I don't bother actually;)), but it sounds beautiful undoubtedly.

Cheers!!!:cheers:
Aniket

Congratulations Aniket!!

Like the setup :licklips: .. Am in the camp too that believes audio equipment should eventually sound good irrespective of their looks :lol:

The volume, bass, treble control board is a readymade one or you designed specific to this amp? Does this require any preamp?

btw, its not looking ugly to me at least! mine will be even worse :D

Last edited:
Congratulations Aniket!!

Like the setup :licklips: .. Am in the camp too that believes audio equipment should eventually sound good irrespective of their looks :lol:

The volume, bass, treble control board is a readymade one or you designed specific to this amp? Does this require any preamp?

btw, its not looking ugly to me at least! mine will be even worse :D

Thanks rbalu72,

I made the Vol, bass, treble circuit on a veroboard, based on a TL074 opamp, along with it's regulated power supply. This amp doesn't require a preamp actually, I personally needed vol, bass & treble control, so I integrated it.

Any modern audio source (PC, CD player, DAC, PMP, External sound card) would drive this amp to clipping.

Regards,
Aniket

Build Complete.:yahoo:

I had a spare case left from my 250W amp project. After whole day of drilling screwing, soldering the amp is complete with integrated volume, bass and treble controls.
Some pics:
IMG_1027_zps4946fddc.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1026_zps21ea41dd.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1030_zpsac724bd8.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1029_zps307f51a4.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1025_zps2b2843c5.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1024_zpsa5549d8f.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1028_zpsa54d39b2.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

Temperature here in Delhi scorch to 45+, so I installed a 220V AC fan in the rear to exhaust hot air out. amps like to run cool;)

Well the amp case looks very ugly(I don't bother actually;)), but it sounds beautiful undoubtedly.

Cheers!!!:cheers:
Aniket

Hi Aniket,

gr8 job. :clapping:The looks are not bad at all. and as long as the amp sounds nice, the looks just don't matter.:eek:hyeah:

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back