1080p Projector Advise Needed

Finally ordered the Epson TW-6100. :yahoo:
Will get it tomorrow.Thanks to everyone for helping me out.

Any reviews on the screens from Projection Screen - Wall Mount Screens and Screens Holder Importer and Supplier | Cine Udyog India, Delhi
110" 16:9 Instalock is available for 6k. They also make custom screens but they are available in spring loaded mechanism.Looking for 120"-130"
I have no money left for buying a better screen.

Also have to buy a UPS. Would 850VA be sufficient for 6100 or 1KVA/1100VA ?
Epson 6100 is a great projector and i'm sure you'll have a great time with it. Congratulations!! I bought a Liberty Grandview 120" pulldown instalock screen for 13.5 K in Bangalore. The screen is of top build quality and i have found no problems so far. Read my experience here http://www.hifivision.com/home-thea...xperience-setting-up-my-projector-screen.html

congrats..
dont buy screen now.dont settle less than da lite(at least) to unleash 6100 true optential..
people do the same stuff..
get a avr costly and cheap speakers..
like good projector el cheppo screen..
now use wall..save money later buy good screen

Thank you all.Got the projector today afternoon but could use it only for 10 mins. Had to get the ups.Bought the APC 1100 VA in the evening,put it on charging for sometime,then used it.
Watched a movie.Quality is superb.:yahoo:
Haven't tried the 3D yet.Will try it tomorrow. My blu ray player doesn't support 3D so will have to use my laptop (AMD HD3D).
Will post the pics and further experiences as well soon.

I'll wait for the screen for some days i guess and get something nice maybe.
BTW Is there any place where we can demo the different screens ?

Watched today on the wall projecting approximately 7.5ft wide image.But felt it was a bit small due to 16:9. 120-130" might be good.:eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
All the best. I too am planning for a TW6100. So awaiting your hands on review.
Also do inform the screen u are using now and the distance from projector to screen and the maximum diagonal width u are able to use.

Rgds
Sreejth

Congrats K2max6 on the purchase :clapping.

Please do share the landing cost as I am also likely to make a decision on the Projector by this weekend.

I have got a reasonably good quote for Panasonic AE 7000 here in Chennai for around 1.6 with Bill and Warranty and was told it is further negotiable as this model is soon going to be stopped.

@ kurups
I am current projecting it on the wall. 104" at 11ft.

@narenkum & @jsanand
Got it for 93k+ tax. Wasn't able to find a lower quote in Delhi. One dealer did offer 90.5 but didn't seem reliable. Prices have increased - Dollar effect.
Also called Varay Image runners in Mumbai as its name comes up a few times here.He quoted even more.

How are liberty screens ?
Got a quote of 8500+Tax for 120" Liberty.
Approx 17k for liberty grand view.
A lot of vendors told me that a lot of duplicates are there in the market.Some told me all are fake, we can give you grandview as well as liberty standard screen at the same price.One vendor told me that i can verify the serial no of the screen online.Although i couldn't find their website.He also mentioned that liberty is engraved at the bottom.

I am also getting 120" from CineUdyog for approx 4k (Spring Loaded) . Custom made with a broader top border. This way i can save money for now and get a Da-lite in a year.
Managing without screen is difficult because i won't be able to mount the pj till then. So i am thinking of buying a basic screen for now and upgrading later.

How are spring loaded screens as compared to instalock. The only drawback is that we have to anchor it ??
In case of spring loaded i can get a custom size at a lower price.

I also need a 10m HDMI cable.Would the normal non branded work since the distance is large? Even if branded;would their be signal loss at this length?
I was interesed in belkin but i am not able to find it in 10m. 5m is easily available.

Last edited:
I can vouch for the build quality of LIberty Grandview - it is top class. I am happy with pic quality too. Bought it in B'lore for 13.5 k for 120" everything included. To eliminate duplicates, call the distributor of Liberty Grandview (:: AV-Vision :: ) and ask them who their dealer in Delhi is. That is what i did.
As for HDMI, it is an acknowledged fact that brands don't matter much. I got one from Amazon through ishopinternational for 2.7 k (35 feet) or so shipped to my doorstep. The brand is Aurum but i have heard other brands like bluerigger etc are also good. Look at reviews in Amazon and decide for yourself. There is absolutely no impact on quality of 2d or 3d (i have a shorter Belkin too and have compared the quality)

Just called AV-Vision.Liberty is basically the nationwide distributor for grandview (canada),therefore they call it as Liberty Grandview.
Also can someone tell me if the the Epson TW-6100 is capable of filling a 120" Screen without any noticeable quality loss vs 110" ?

Last edited:
How is panasonic AR100 as compared to epson tw-3600?
any contact for a dealer in mumbai for epson?

Regards,
Shabana
Varay Image Runners
D/4, Ground Floor,Ambika Darshan Building,
Chittabhai Patel Road,Behind Sapan Nikhil Classes,
Kandivali (East),Mumbai-400101.
Contact No: - 2885 3054/55/56/57/58/59/60/61. Romila sharma:982 111 2565.

Shabana
Varay Image Runners
D/4, Ground Floor,Ambika Darshan Building,
Chittabhai Patel Road,Behind Sapan Nikhil Classes,
Kandivali (East),Mumbai-400101.
Contact No: - 2885 3054/55/56/57/58/59/60/61. Romila sharma:982 111 2565.

Theya re the dealers of Epson in Mumbai

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back