110 inch screen for 4K projector

Seymour screen material is very cheap.. so why to use spandex if we can get screen material for around 10-15k

Spandex is a fabric.. I have been using it for 3 yrs time.. Pretty happy with it.. DIY BTW..

I suppose Seymour too should be fabric.. The gain should be the difference.. The way you commented on his post, made spandex look very cheap :) ..

I took a demo of the Grandview prestige 100" at Viewtech, Secunderabad. I was quoted 45k for that. Spandex cost me 1.2k and got me 95% of the way there.

Pretty much the same expereince here.. When i wanted to buy a ready made AT screen for 100 inch diagonal, it was abt 40K.. I procured the material and with DIY i was able to finish it all under 5K..

Did you compare side by side?

Logistically challenging to compare big screens side by side, until & unless one has both the materials.. On AVS Forums, may use spandex for the AT Screens with custom sizes.. Easy DIY for even novice and no doubt it is coast saving..

Could you share an image of your existing screen, just to understand the challenge..
You can see image not flitting within the frames. That's the minimum i can sc
Spandex is a fabric.. I have been using it for 3 yrs time.. Pretty happy with it.. DIY BTW..
Elangoas, where did you source spandex from?

I have see people buying ALR screens from aliexpress (not costly though) anyone have info how they perform. I am looking for grey ALR screen and seems they do deliver in rolled tubes.

Is spandex similar to the blackout cloth that is sold as a curtain liner in USA. If it is then I would like to tell you that it will cut down brightness by quite a bit making the picture dull. It is okay for budget builds but not for expensive gear where the focus is on quality.

Last edited:
Sorry. I don't see an image in your post.. May be you missed to attach or upload link..
Sorry I was trying to send by my mobile phone. I think Pic could not be uploaded due to large size.
Please see the projected image on the screen is spilling out from the frame of the screen from all sides. Neither can I move the screen ahead nor projector to reduce the distance between them. I can, at the most, install wall mount which can be extended forward by another foot or two to reduce the distance. But I think those extendable projector mounts are not good in long run. They tend to bend with the weight of the projector.

Attachments

• 20191109_171334.jpg
    20191109_171334.jpg
    666.8 KB · Views: 110
But I think those extendable projector mounts are not good in long run. They tend to bend with the weight of the projector.

True.. Thanks for the images.. From what i can see, you can do at-least 25 inches more/ bigger screen than the existing one, if you wish to..

If you plan for bigger screen, i would suggest you to measure the spilled image diagonally and then decide on the required material requirement..

Can you ask him to a favour once agin for me, if its not too much of a botheration for him?

Sure.. Not a problem.. I have spoken to him and he has agreed to offer help.. Will PM his number, so you can get in touch with directly and give your screen dimensions..

Sorry I was trying to send by my mobile phone. I think Pic could not be uploaded due to large size.
Please see the projected image on the screen is spilling out from the frame of the screen from all sides. Neither can I move the screen ahead nor projector to reduce the distance between them. I can, at the most, install wall mount which can be extended forward by another foot or two to reduce the distance. But I think those extendable projector mounts are not good in long run. They tend to bend with the weight of the projector.

Off topic - Which speakers are those front height channel ones?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back